Prot tanking in ICC

So i wanted to Write this to get more input from other warriors in ICC. I am currently running a Threat Spec Prot build and the raid progression Glyphs i do not pretend to be the best tank at all but i am seeing a huge problem with warrior tanking. We are being out classed by other classes one DK and ferals yes they take a lot of damage but i play a healer and a tank as a Disc priest healing. A geared DK or Feral tank is not a problem there Threat and Dps is far superior then warriors ok yes they take a bit more damage but the EH stacking puts both of them at over 40k HP EZ at a low gear score. Paladins to me seem like the New main tanks for Wow they have the best aoe threat per sec and single target THP they have a Shield Wall and shield block. They can die and come back with AG there Stam % stacks better. Why have a warrior tank anymore other then to fill a tank slot that someone needs in there raid. As i have been tanking ICC with some of the 5-6k+ dps if feels we are not the right tanks anymore i have to watch omen while dps and other tanks catch me in TPS with no problem. Just wanted to write this to see other well geared prot warriors take on this.

Re: Prot tanking in ICC

Idk, might be your rotation? my threat is fine so far in ICC

had no problems with my prot warrior in icc, currently all 245 gear 41k unbuffed.

Thret iv never been pulled off and always have out TPS any pala or dk or druid Single target. to out thret them on AOE takes a little more effort, but still doable. .. im speced/glyphed for 2min shield wall
    EU Gazgul, Dunemaul

Warrior is not best tanking class! Quick, delete your account, asap, before your face melt.

Who cares if they are more than capable of tanking anything... class X is better, so bye bye, protection warriors...

Ok, sarcasm off... do you really need to outshine someone else in TPS/EH/avoidance/utility in order to tank? Warriors are fine, they do great job at tanking. Yea, paladins are OP. I know, I play one. I don't die when boss kills me. So what? Reroll paladin and play it until nerfed? Or play the class you enjoy and get your job done?

Quote Originally Posted by Remorse/epic
    Hi, I fail at playing properly, so I came here to QQ about my class.

I have to agree with Adeleina.

While Prot Paladins are OP, this doesnt mean that the other 3 classes/specs are Underpowered. I have tanked on a warrior and a paladin, and while paladins are easier and "better" they are not nearly as much fun as a prot warrior.

Heres the difference. You guys have a Priority system, not a rotation. What this means is that while every paladin should be doing almost the exact same threat in the exact same gear, this is not the case for warriors. Warrior threat relies on you knowing what to press next, not just spamming whatever is off cooldown like a paladin. If you couldn't guess, this means that prot warriors require a higher skill level(yeah yeah this game doesn't take skill) to do the same threat as a paladin of equal gear.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Don't get me wrong i Love my class and i play it well or so I'm told. i am not QQing I am writing this to other Warriors to see if maybe its me maybe i need to change a rotation but u cant leave out the fact that a pallys come in to a raids with RF on and puts down aoe every 8sec and watches TV. while the so called good tanks have to really try at it not asking to make my class ezer i love playing classes that take work to be good. but u cant leave out the fact that we are really behind and need a buff of some kind. If u wanna look me over my profile is (alt 144) Épic

lol

10+ Year Old Account

Man remember in vanilla when only warriors could tank? Good times.

I have all 4 tanking classes all raiding icc.. still prefear my warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Remorse/epic
    but u cant leave out the fact that we are really behind and need a buff of some kind. If u wanna look me over my profile is (alt 144) Épic
    No we don't, we're fine. I do fine in ICC and everywhere else. A ton of other warriors do fine in ICC and everywhere else. I'm sorry if this next portion seems really nasty and mean but for fuck sake will people just stop bitching about how warriors are not good and realize that it is the user not the fucking class?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

if you cant keep aggro on a pack of mobs in ICC L2P tbh
    warriors donthave it that bad
    and melee and hunters love our sunders

i have no problems with threat, but i do think my warrior could use a dps buff. obv its not a DD spec but it kinda stinks seeing the dk/druid tanks at 4.5k, the pally tank at almost 5k, and i sit back at 3k.
    that being said threat gen is awsome, i usually have to hold back on bosses like gormok or i'd pull off the other tank.

i play prot warrior and i only have 1 issue and that is aoe threat on 6+ targets shockwave and TB doesn't cut it with cleave (i am not in AoE specc ofc) on normal modes.

but it is when you go on HM that you can feel how warriors lack compaired to paladins you die on burst by like 100 dmg overkill while paladins just continue tanking

and on threat if i go TPS specc i kick all the other tanks asses (or really fouse on the threat) i can easly push over 3.5k dps if i just do it how i am meant to but i find that to be frustraiting sens of SS procc after every time it happens sens it takes half a GCD to procc

I have no problem with threat but when I see a dk or paladin tank the same boss they do several hundred dps higher than me. it seems that for a similar amount of THREAT generated, other tanks do more damage. Its the sort of thing that is bloody irritating if you wipe at 1% - another tank would have contributed enough extra damage to make the kill.

15+ Year Old Account

Or your dps doing better.

If 500-1k dps is going to make or break a tank, why not have each of your 17 or so dps do 100 more? Why not have THEM improve?

Yes, with a warrior tank things are going to die slightly slower, but if your hitting enrage timers due to it blame your dps, not the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Or your dps doing better.

If 500-1k dps is going to make or break a tank, why not have each of your 17 or so dps do 100 more? Why not have THEM improve?

Yes, with a warrior tank things are going to die slightly slower, but if your hitting enrage timers due to it blame your dps, not the tanks.
    Oh my lords, I was gonna say this but I didn't want to be "that guy". Now that I know I'm not the only one thinking this, then I Amen the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    Oh my lords, I was gonna say this but I didn't want to be "that guy". Now that I know I'm not the only one thinking this, then I Amen the shit out of it.
    Warriors can and have tanked all content to date I think what we can all agree on is that the issue is paladins being TOO Good and this isnt spiteful of paladins they simply out shine all other tanks and make people think they are doing something wrong or the class is broken.
    FIX PALADINS is the message I think we should be getting across .