Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Druids and Emblems of Frost!

Hello I am currently at 60 emblems of frost and was wondering what item I should get...The trinket ,the idol, or tier 10 shoulders.Please Help!I am a resto druid incase anyone didn't read the title :P
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Re: Resto Druids and Emblems of Frost!

I opted to get the trinket first as I was upgrading from the 226 Sif's Remembrance. Once I hit 120 emblems again I picked up the shoulders/gloves at the same time. The idol is actually very lackluster when you compare the gain vs the 245 idol (gain of 22 spell power).

My suggestion would be to get the trinket as it is probably going to be your biggest upgrade unless you're wearing both heroic and non-heroic Solace from ToGC/ToC25.

My druid's in a similar boat. He has mostly ToC 25 gear and some 10 TOGC gear with a few 10ICC pieces. He never does 25ICC so is unlikely to get 264 that's not bought/crafted.

Anyone think breaking 4pct9.245 for 4pct10.251 is worth it. I can't decide if losing the 4pc t9 bonus is worth gaining a few ilvls of stats and a weaker 4pc bonus. It seems that 4pc t10 is worth it at the 264 level but I never see anyone talking about what people who do 10mans should do.

I'm thinking of buying the 264 leather chest and cloth belt first but they're xpensive together

Quote Originally Posted by Drelimar
    I opted to get the trinket first as I was upgrading from the 226 Sif's Remembrance. Once I hit 120 emblems again I picked up the shoulders/gloves at the same time. The idol is actually very lackluster when you compare the gain vs the 245 idol (gain of 22 spell power).

My suggestion would be to get the trinket as it is probably going to be your biggest upgrade unless you're wearing both heroic and non-heroic Solace from ToGC/ToC25.
    Okay thanks I am actually using horrible trinkets so I guess I'll go pick up that trinket!
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Cloack first, then idol, and then save for 4p T10. You can good trinkets from ICC 25 and toc 25

I find the frost emblem cloaks somewhat unappealing due to the lack of a cloak with haste whereas cloaks with haste drop in ICC25. I disagree on the Idol for my above stated reason (22 spellpower for 30 frost emblems isn't really an even trade).

I personally feel that currently the ideal setup for trinkets is Solace from ToGC25 and the healer frost emblem trinket due to the combination of static spell power and generous mana regen procs. Also, Althor's Abacus is a decent swap-in for content/fights that aren't particularly mana intensive if you have access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Cloack first, then idol, and then save for 4p T10. You can good trinkets from ICC 25 and toc 25
    Did you happen to mean chest when you said cloak? The chest I can agree with. There's no way I'd waste badges on that cloak.

Deleted

Get the belt it's pretty much BiS for awhile , cloak is useless , the idol isn't a great upgrade from 245 but I will be geting eventually when I have badges to spare , I spent my badges like this , saronitex1 (were going for 10k so made sum money first) > Tier 10 helm and shoulders > belt . I wouldn't get tier 10 pieces without having the 2 set :P So I'd suggest you getting the belt :P

i just finished buying the Druid set from the arena. my druid is pretty cool now ;D and soon i gonna go icecrown citadel!

I agree with Poldara. The cloth belt is basically equal BiS pre hard modes so I'd pick up that first (which is exactly what I did). After that save for 4T10 IMO - I wouldn't bother with 2T10 unless you've got a couple of tokens already to make the pieces ilvl 264.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by mjepsen
    i just finished buying the Druid set from the arena. my druid is pretty cool now ;D and soon i gonna go icecrown citadel!
    I hope you have PvE gear too then.. Or a horribly stupid leader who doesn't inspect ppl.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Atm i got trinket, shoulder and gloves from emblems and now im about to get the non set chest to get the extra haste so i can change the most of my sp+haste gem because i think i will benefit the most sp from that.

Not 100% yet maby i go for the 4 part t10 first we will se on wednesday

or what do u think?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ker&cn=Wezzlan

It would depend on what your normally running with your guild. If your consisntely doing ToGC 25m at least up to FC then don't get the trinket its not worth it because there is a chance you'll get solace same thing with normal 25m ToC. The trinket is really subpar and generally frowned upon for healers anyways because of the amount of trinkets availble through ICC Althor abacus + 10m Silver of the ice pure etc.

Best bet for a resto druid would be to nab the 2pc T10 Gloves + pants which give haste then go for chest then go for cloth belt if your guild isn't able to consistently kill putricide for the leather version of the cloth belt. They both have same stats just 1 has more armour then the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    Did you happen to mean chest when you said cloak? The chest I can agree with. There's no way I'd waste badges on that cloak.
    Cloak is sweet man, whacha talking about? Give it a yellow +23 haste gem +23 haste enchant and you're good to go. I never got a cloak out of TOGC (never saw it and other druid got it on raid i couldn't make) so going from ilvl 213 naxx cloak to that cloak was a nice upgrade. With the socket on it, its really versatile. Works great for my moonkin offspec as well.

Personally I choose to spend my emblems on the T10 stuff first, I got the shoulders first, then the gloves, then the head piece, and I almost have enough to get the pants next. I am super excited to play around with the 4 piece set bonus. Afterwords I'm not quite sure what I'll go for.

One thing I noticed about the belts that the dalaran frost vendor sells is that the cloth one basically pwns our leather one. So chances are I'm going to be going cloth for that.

Get saronite and sell it lol gear will be useless in some months ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws
    Get saronite and sell it lol gear will be useless in some months ;D
    I dont tihnk im the only one but i got around 50k gold and its the same with my friends so why would u sell it for 2000 gold (my server) when u can get good gear and enjoy the game. and what should u do with all your money
    It will not take u faster to 85 with lots of gold

Buy gear and enjoy kill LICH KING <3

Quote Originally Posted by wezzlan
    Buy gear and enjoy kill LICH KING <3
    ^^^ This..

Honestly, i hope if you're cashing out on all you're badges that you're not in a progression guild working towards hardmodes. Otherwise i hope your GM slaps you upside the head.

Or, you may be a pally and only want the 2 piece tier bonus in which case you could still use a lot of badges on other cool gear or that legendary weapon anyway hehe

I'm not sure why so many druids are wasting emblems on the shoulderpiece. If you want the 4set, the shoulders are the one slot you want to not buy. The shoulders off of 25man Princes are better than our tier shoulders. The one guy in this thread had it right with wanting to buy gloves & pants first for the two set as they're both haste pieces.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    I'm not sure why so many druids are wasting emblems on the shoulderpiece. If you want the 4set, the shoulders are the one slot you want to not buy. The shoulders off of 25man Princes are better than our tier shoulders. The one guy in this thread had it right with wanting to buy gloves & pants first for the two set as they're both haste pieces.
    Well, lets not forget - if you're going 4pc t10 the shoulders are a cheap piece to jump into.

Also, hands and legs are supposed to be the tier pieces that drop from VoA and crazily enough i do believe in 25 man the ilvl 264 pieces drop.