Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Face it burst is PvP

Logged on 1hour ago and found went a wsg to try out the resi change. Tbh, it feels like blizzard have destroyed PvP the wsg was fucking boring, because i rly couldent kill anyone fast, when the wsg was done with ~ 18 deaths i was like wtf-.- but i decided to try it out again, so i dueled an ok priest that i outgear and would normally beat pretty easy if he dont get lucky, this time it was close to impossible i mean with my shattercombo hitting like it used to in tbc the only way i could defeat him was by running him oom, and WHERE IS THE THRILL OF THAT !!! the thrill of PvP acording to me lies in the burst the ability to kill people, and not run them oom and then kill them. I mean how am i supposed to kill someone in 2v2?.
    I would say that the resilience changes is a step backwards and even if blizz nerf the healing in arena, it will still be boring, the thrill of PVP is the burst.

Pleasae blizzard, for once, admit that u were wrong and jsut remove it, dont try to fix it by nerfing healing or something like that. Dont make pvp like it was in TBC.

Deleted

Re: Face it burst is PvP

So your idea of PvP is to be able to burn someone down in 2 GCD's?

TBC PVP K GO ;D they just need to put in their healing nerf aswell and things should be sweet. the thrill of pvp is outplaying your opponent.. not bursting them down before they have a chance to react IMO. (well its not that extreme but you get what i mean)

Wait they put in the resil nerf but not the healing nerf? Is that nerf going in b4 season 8? cause if not that is extremely unfair to double dps teams.

dueling is not pvp. dueling with healer fails even more.

you will win in 2on2 if you will coordinate with your partner to kill someone, not hit frostbolt harder. thats all i have to say according to "jeez give back my 12k crits on 1k resi targets or i fail in pvp".

Oh no.... Watch out guys getting high rating with rmp might actually require skill next season!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome to pvp how it should be, and not how to 2 shot peeps.

this is the main problem with what arena has been thus far in wotlk, it has made people who were terrible at arena in bc able to faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoemal
    Oh no.... Watch out guys getting high rating with rmp might actually require skill next season!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, because RMP has always been known as a faceroll comp and it totally dominates PvP right now....

Boy, you're a raging moron, aren't you?

go back to youtube and check on some 60 level pvp videos and you see how pvp is meant to be.

You may burst people down with much worse gear than you, acceptable. But with players as good gear as you will take a while to take down.
    and then again if you have 3 rows of buffs (which is not possible anymore due to unstackable flasks and stuff) you could of 2 shotted anyone.

i was in wsg yesterday and we had like 5 people nuking down their flag carrier which was resto shaman and resto druid healing him aswell. he didnt seem to lose any dmg until someone started bothering the druid then we slowly killed him....nerf healing :/ took our whole team to take down 1 healer.

10+ Year Old Account

Meh, bursting was such a pain. Now at least with the boost of damage reduction, PvP is viable as every class. Mage can finally resist some prot warrior which always charge at them when they try to CC

And for burst, seriously, if you were thinking killing someone in 2.5 seconds was better, damn, you really need some attention.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by wajnåtliksom
    Logged on 1hour ago and found went a wsg to try out the resi change. Tbh, it feels like blizzard have destroyed PvP the wsg was fucking boring, because i rly couldent kill anyone fast, when the wsg was done with ~ 18 deaths i was like wtf-.- but i decided to try it out again, so i dueled an ok priest that i outgear and would normally beat pretty easy if he dont get lucky, this time it was close to impossible i mean with my shattercombo hitting like it used to in tbc the only way i could defeat him was by running him oom, and WHERE IS THE THRILL OF THAT !!! the thrill of PvP acording to me lies in the burst the ability to kill people, and not run them oom and then kill them. I mean how am i supposed to kill someone in 2v2?.
    I would say that the resilience changes is a step backwards and even if blizz nerf the healing in arena, it will still be boring, the thrill of PVP is the burst.

Pleasae blizzard, for once, admit that u were wrong and jsut remove it, dont try to fix it by nerfing healing or something like that. Dont make pvp like it was in TBC.
    Look, in PvP, specifically arena. There are a number of things you must watch out for in order to do well, positioning, cordination, what is the other team doing, etc etc.
    What burst does is only simplying the play in arena, taking away many of the 'skill factors' involved. So your post basically tells me that you want PvP tuned down overall,
    like we could see an example of in PvE before ICC was released, in the sense that the game is taking a leap in the direction of less skill being required to win an arena match etc.
    What you have to realize is that the players that already have some 'skill', they want more challenge, not more ezmode.

best part about this post is the resil change isn't ive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keranth
    best part about this post is the resil change isn't ive yet.
    No, the best part is your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Keranth
    best part about this post is the resil change isn't live yet.
    This ... so I kinda smell a troll unless the OPs server was restarted for some reason since the patch deployed. If the only way you can kill somebody is to burst them down before they have a chance to do anything back, then you probably need to reroll FotM every month and change the title of the post to "Face it, burst is PvP for facerollers". PvP should be about control of the situation and domination of your opponent, not praying for a random train of damage so huge you will win regardless of what your opponent does.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified
    No, the best part is your ignorance.
    From the front page today:
    "There was some confusion on our end so here is the clarification on this change going live.

The hotfix is live, but it requires a server restart before it will actually affect your gear. Some of your realms have been restarted for various reasons, but some have not. They will all get restarted at the next maintenance period (typically Tuesday AM in the US). We might go ahead and restart all servers just so that we know everyone is having the same experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Aoemal

RMP focuses on cc and burst compared to beastcleave or spellcleave that focuses on crazy burst, so yea if anything this buff helps out rmp :P

pvp is outplaying your opponent.. not bursting them down before they have a chance to react

dueling is not pvp. dueling with healer fails even more.

Oh no.... Watch out guys getting high rating with rmp might actually require skill next season!!!

Welcome to pvp how it should be, and not how to 2 shot peeps.

Look, in PvP, specifically arena. There are a number of things you must watch out for in order to do well, positioning, cordination, what is the other team doing, etc etc.
    What burst does is only simplying the play in arena, taking away many of the 'skill factors' involved. So your post basically tells me that you want PvP tuned down overall,
    like we could see an example of in PvE before ICC was released, in the sense that the game is taking a leap in the direction of less skill being required to win an arena match etc.
    What you have to realize is that the players that already have some 'skill', they want more challenge, not more ezmode.

thx toro728 for the good

everything necessary said, nothing to add for me
    "PVP is only balanced if rogues always win. It´s been like this for over four years" loled a lot

english is not my first language so pls excuse my mistakes ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wajnåtliksom

You are 1 class out of 10. You are a mage, who is used to destroying people in 2 or 3 gcd's.

If everything was equal, 10% of all players are mages. 90% of players are now happy that you cant faceroll them.

Good change imo.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

Yeah I am enjoying the idea of resil counting towards something again. All too many times I am seeing (and its an obvious trend if mention in blue posts) that people will wear heavy pve gear to nuke people down and resil does almost nothing against it. More glass canons and less resil wearers for that reason.

I just see this as an added insentive to actually have pvp gear--which is nice imo