Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WoW Random Name Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    That is not a plausible reason, as the European version has localized language packs for each major region it is available
    So maybe they could do random names if they wanted but don't want to :P It's not exactly a ground breaking feature lol.. and like I said when I make a new guy and mess with the random name generator (most names are terrible but occasionally some cool ones pop up) the good ones are always already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    So maybe they could do random names if they wanted but don't want to :P It's not exactly a ground breaking feature lol.. and like I said when I make a new guy and mess with the random name generator (most names are terrible but occasionally some cool ones pop up) the good ones are always already taken.
    Oh, i agree... i'd much rather use my own names than one from a generator.

Just saying that there isn't really a legitimate reason for it not to be there

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    So maybe they could do random names if they wanted but don't want to :P
    You don't need a randomize button to do that. Europeans, blessed with our superior intelligence, know how to generate random names without one.

Le me reveal the cutting edge technique used to achieve that:

1. Click into the name field.
    2. Bash the keyboard, aiming at the alphabetic keys to minimize the occurrence of unwanted characters.
    3. If the result isn't satisfying, you can either edit it or clear the name field and reiterate the entire procedure until you are satisfied with your character's name.

I used to have this button about year or 1.5 years ago on a trial account o_O'
    I was really supprised that I have no souch button now o_O'

I've never played on US acc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zlodo
    You don't need a randomize button to do that. Europeans, blessed with our superior intelligence, know how to generate random names without one.

Le me reveal the cutting edge technique used to achieve that:

1. Click into the name field.
    2. Bash the keyboard, aiming at the alphabetic keys to minimize the occurrence of unwanted characters.
    3. If the result isn't satisfying, you can either edit it or clear the name field and reiterate the entire procedure until you are satisfied with your character's name.
    >_>

These days I just type El- then whatever sounds good. lol.. I got Elementium, Elem, Elekk, Eleia, Eldai. That and Draenei names are easy.. just add an extra letter somewhere.. Steve = Stevve John= Johhn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Well, that kind of explains why I couldn't find it. Or, well...

Well, this is different... perhaps they removed it because it wasn't as random as people think. I think I saw the same name repeat several times via the Random Name Generator, and most were already taken.