Retri paladin, can anyone take a look at my gems?

Hey

was just wondering if I should replace any of my gems?

which gems, and why?

my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Mill&cn=Riivo

would also appriciate tips on what items i should aim to replace, and with what.

Re: Retri paladin, can anyone take a look at my gems?

Read the sticky FAQ, everything you need to know is there. I'm not gonna do your work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa
    When you take GC and replace G with C, C with H and add INA you get CHINA !

Coincidence ? I DON'T THINK SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Take your nerfs like a man and not some spec hopping bandwagon groupie.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Aletra

Your gems look good... I would aim to replace one of your trinekts first, probably the hit rating one first, with whatever you can get out of ICC. Also, look to replace that chest/neck/ring (haste) you have with something that has expertise/hit so that you can open yourself up some room to replace those trinkets with some better ones from ICC.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

One thing you could do today (going off your title) is replace your Bloodshed band with the Ashen band of Endless Vengeance. Also gem it with the 10 strength 10 crit gem. From there I would agree that your trinkets need replacing as soon as possible. Exchange your Seal of Vengeance glyph with the Consecration glyph until your expertise is a bit lower, then drop the Exo one to pick back up the vengeance glyph. You have to min/max your current gear set up a little more is all. Everything is in the 3.3 retribution thread for you to read though. Ronark does a good job of covering it all for you.

Find the best few ret pallies on your server and inspect/armory them. See what they're doing and why. Whisper them and ask too. If they're not too elitist they might respond with some good advice. Also check elitistjerks website or the pally FAQ here and read up on it.

Anyone can tell you what to gem/spec/enchant/gear but if you don't know why you're doing it that way then you're failing from the start. Read up on your class and take note of any patch changes and then you should be able to make very good decision on your own about what to do with your gear.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Thanks alot for all the replies, its been helpful

I will certainly read the FAQ as soon as possible.

I don't play my ret very often, but as I recall, gemming is very simple.

Use one and only one Nightmare Tear. Preferably in a blue socket with a desirable socket bonus like +8 strength or more.

From then, unless you have 2pc T9, gem with straight Bold Cardinal Ruby in every socket.

If you do have 2pc T9, then gem Bold Cardinal Ruby in red sockets (and any other blue sockets), and Inscribed Amertrine in any yellow sockets that would activate a socket bonus of +4 strength or higher.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    I don't play my ret very often, but as I recall, gemming is very simple.

Use one and only one Nightmare Tear. Preferably in a blue socket with a desirable socket bonus like +8 strength or more.

From then, unless you have 2pc T9, gem with straight Bold Cardinal Ruby in every socket.

If you do have 2pc T9, then gem Bold Cardinal Ruby in red sockets (and any other blue sockets), and Inscribed Amertrine in any yellow sockets that would activate a socket bonus of +4 strength or higher.
    Without 2pc T9 and an average iLvl 251 gear, you can safely socket a socket bonus of +5 STR or more with an Insc. Am.