Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Glory of the Ulduar Raider, thanks

Hello all. I would just like to thank all the previous informative posts and discussions on some of the more difficult achievements necessary for the Glory of the Ulduar Raider achievement. Specifically ones discussing Yogg + 1 and Firefighter. Thanks to many post here and on other forums my guild finally managed to complete the achievement.

So yea... Thanks.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8...2610224114.jpg

Electric Boogaloo
    Ghostlands-US

Edit: Use thumbnails for large images please.

Re: Glory of the Ulduar Raider, thanks

In b4 haters, i will say : gratz.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181
    Hello all. I would just like to thank all the previous informative posts and discussions on some of the more difficult achievements necessary for the Glory of the Ulduar Raider achievement.
    I must have missed those. We stuck to the gold old strategy "Farm ilvl 245/258 stuff, outgear hard modes, enjoy rusted proto-drake".

Gratz anyway. :-)

Not to sound like a jerk but you don't deserve those drakes. They were meant to be gotten when Ulduar gear was all there was to get. Now we are two full tiers past Ulduar and doing it in all 251+ ilvl loots is just embarassing to you and your guild. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that you guys got your drakes. But from a different standpoint you should understand you did not really earn them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac
    Not to sound like a jerk but you don't deserve those drakes. They were meant to be gotten when Ulduar gear was all there was to get. Now we are two full tiers past Ulduar and doing it in all 251+ ilvl loots is just embarassing to you and your guild. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that you guys got your drakes. But from a different standpoint you should understand you did not really earn them properly.
    Well it's better that they did this on their own, not buying boosts etc... Anyway gz on your drake bro, i'd like to have it but i'm a bit too big casual

15+ Year Old Account

grats
    Quote Originally Posted by Maker123
    Why are you even posting this? Do you see anyone posting Baron Rivendare mount achievement screenshots on forums?
    why do you flame people who say thanks to people that helped them with strat?

Gratz, but you're 2 content patches too late unless you're still running around in ~iLvl226 gear

Gz on drake!!

And gz to the ppl flaming him for it.

N3RD R4AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares if they are 5 content patches late, their guild is proud of the achievement they have earned and he was thanking the community for the helpful information provided on the encounters. Get off your elitist throne, does it really bother you that someone has the same drake as you 2 patches later? You take your drake to the bar to pick up chicks?

Grats on the drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfujhealer
    Well it's better that they did this on their own, not buying boosts etc...
    How much do people pay for boosts? I was thinking of trying to convince our 10man group to do some boosts. (I could use the gold for saronites)

Two weeks ago we went back to Ulduar to finish the meta for a few slackers in our guild.
    We did all hardmode keepers, except on freya we did lumberjacked, Yogg+1 and Algalon (who still hits like a truck) all in one night. LOL @ Firefighter now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Grats on your new drakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It's not too late till Blizzard says its too late. They have specifically made announcements that they would remove the drakes when they felt the achievement was no longer worth the reward - and that hasn't happened. If it had to be done in 226 gear, it would be on the achievement, like Herald of the Titans.

And if its so faceroll puggable, why is it only 16% of guilds on guildox have done it still? Turns out gear checks aren't the only way an achievment can be hard.

All the people posting hate are like 8 year olds going to a 6 year old's birthday party and ripping on the birthday boy for only being six.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiry
    Gratz, but you're 2 content patches too late unless you're still running around in ~iLvl226 gear
    my belt and boots are still 226. does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    How much do people pay for boosts? I was thinking of trying to convince our 10man group to do some boosts. (I could use the gold for saronites)

Two weeks ago we went back to Ulduar to finish the meta for a few slackers in our guild.
    We did all hardmode keepers, except on freya we did lumberjacked, Yogg+1 and Algalon (who still hits like a truck) all in one night. LOL @ Firefighter now.
    I'd pay like 20k for it ( i saw guilds boosting for 30 k on 25 man )

Quote Originally Posted by Nakhzar
    Gz on achieving a faceroll achievment, while greatly overgearing it, and that has already been succesfully pugged.
    The trick is to put the nose between G and H.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark
    It's not too late till Blizzard says its too late. They have specifically made announcements that they would remove the drakes when they felt the achievement was no longer worth the reward - and that hasn't happened. If it had to be done in 226 gear, it would be on the achievement, like Herald of the Titans.

And if its so faceroll puggable, why is it only 16% of guilds on guildox have done it still? Turns out gear checks aren't the only way an achievment can be hard.

All the people posting hate are like 8 year olds going to a 6 year old's birthday party and ripping on the birthday boy for only being six.
    Blizzard just wants to keep all the lovely tard kids happy. Free 310% mounts for all.
    Btw it's really amazing that there're still so many ppl without it. With current gear there's no effort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakhzar
    Gz on achieving a faceroll achievment, while greatly overgearing it, and that has already been succesfully pugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac
    Quote Originally Posted by Maker123
    Why are you even posting this? Do you see anyone posting Baron Rivendare mount achievement screenshots on forums?
    Grats on being extremely bitter. People are so hateful when protected by their computers. Chances are all the three of you bought your drakes. Being carried by a guild is more shameful than being carried by gear.

Grats on the drake. even with 2 tiers ahead of the original content, you still don't see a lot of Uld drakes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    Blizzard just wants to keep all the lovely tard kids happy. Free 310% mounts for all.
    Btw it's really amazing that there're still so many ppl without it. With current gear there's no effort at all.
    Yeah, 16% of the guilds in the world with GotUR = Free 310% mounts for everyone. Can I point you to the Violet Proto-Drake already?

Gear can't carry you through Firefighter or Yogg+1. If you're stupid no amount of gear is going to save you from taking 1-shot on Firefighter or spawning multiple Guardians on Yogg+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    Yeah, 16% of the guilds in the world with GotUR = Free 310% mounts for everyone. Can I point you to the Violet Proto-Drake already?

Gear can't carry you through Firefighter or Yogg+1. If you're stupid no amount of gear is going to save you from taking 1-shot on Firefighter or spawning multiple Guardians on Yogg+1.
    Agree, but with current gear if you've half brain you can just faceroll it. I mean with ulduar gear you had to use only 2 healer at Mimiron to do enough dps (usually) and it was really hard to keep everyone alive. Now the dps is almost doubled, your tank has 50k hp buffed and your healers have much better gear. So where's the effort?
    Imo only 16% did it because none cared about it anymore. They rather do icc and gear up instead of wasting a couple of nights doing old hard modes.
    Or you're saying that the immortal title is hard because few ppl have it?

Congratulations.

Don't listen to people who say you didn't deserve it; Blizzard haven't removed them yet for a reason. So if you manage the achievement now, you still deserve it.
    Just because something is "less hard now", doesn't make you less worthy of getting it.

Again, congratulations. Our 10 man guild got these a few months ago as well, and I would say it's definitely a great feeling to finally beat those encounters. Haters are gonna hate, so just ignore them.

Having better gear isn't going to help you beat the fight mechanics, it just takes a bit of the pressure off. It's still a worthy achievement.

Good luck on doing the ICC10 ones!