need help deciding on 2nd prof

i have a prot pally and currently have Jc and tailoring (was planing on being holy) so i want to replace tailoring and pick up something else that would benifet tanking more. was thinking about LW for the stam bracer chant but not sure. are there anyother profs besides mining that may be better?

Re: need help deciding on 2nd prof

BS/JC.

Tailoring is not a good profession for holy, btw. You should be Alch/bs/jc/eng.

go BS bit off a pain to level if you dont got a mining alt
    2 extra sockets always lovely

see i was thinking BS, but say i put epic stam gems in, yhe LW bracer would give me more if i did the math right i think

For prot you have a lot of optio s since you will just stam stack anyway. Mining and enchanting have nice synergy with jc, lw provides the same stam buff, fairly sure alchemy does too. But don't overlook enginering. Thearmor to gloves and extra 1agi to cloack is very nice. As well as the 45 stam to helm, though idk if I'd personaly give up 20 def rating for 8 stam.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

If you want optimal raiding profession go blacksmithing as the second profession, if you want something viable for tanking and easy to level, go for mining.

Bare in mind however, blacksmithing will adapt to a DPS/Holy offspec or mainspec if you ever change, mining is specfically a tanking profession stat wise.

Well... sooner or later you will get tired of tanking and want to try out ret/holy.

With that said, BS is your best bet because spellpower is pretty useless for holy and str>ap for ret which is why BS/JC is the best profession combo for a (pve) pally.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Well... sooner or later you will get tired of tanking and want to try out ret/holy.

With that said, BS is your best bet because spellpower is pretty useless for holy and str>ap for ret which is why BS/JC is the best profession combo for a (pve) pally.
    A pve pally in general, sure. But jc/eng is ret best and I think jc/eng for prot. But eng is uterly useless as holy. And since he was originaly going to go holy I assume that will be os. With that in mind jc/bs is the safe bet.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin