Poll: Would YOU miss Battleground PvP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would YOU miss Battleground PvP?

So,

i´ve made some thoughts about BG-Development.
    In my Battlegroup, which contains some of the oldest Servers of all, there has been a quite impressive way of how the alliance-Numbers dropped - while Horde-Numbers rose after the new introduced Faction-Change. Almost all Top-PvE-Guilds are horde at the moment and while this has always been a changing fact, it is no longer. People just swap factions when they see "hm, my faction sux. Horde is getting stronger. Better swap."

Where does it lead? Funny thing is Wintergrasp on my Server Mannoroth. Fact from: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php
    Mannoroth 02/05 CET PVP DE 1,146 (10%) 10,723 (90%)
    It often takes the alliance several days to win Wintergrasp back and when they do it is usually during the morning-hours (and it's being recaptured immediatly)
    I got a friend on
    Destromath 02/05 CET PVP DE 6,156 (22%) 22,227 (78%)
    who told me, that once horde managed to keep wintergrasp for one entire Lockout period. What would you do if you were alliance on that server? Please notice that those Servers are 5 Years old.

So anyways, my point is. If alliance-Numbers continue to decrease, this will obviously make everyone have to wait longer for BGs to open. Every Horde, that is. And when one day the Alliance is extinct - there wo'nt be any more bg.

The Question is: would you care?

Re: Would YOU miss Battleground PvP?

yes i will miss it

Honestly? I would probably shelve my account.
    When in doubt, check a spreadsheet.

Whoever happens to be left on Alliance wouldn't really care to notice.

On my Alliance server everyone is content enough with raids, heroics and the weekly wintergrasp quests. Any mention of BG would be laughed at in trade.

Horde are lucky that you can face your own faction in Arena, otherwise they'd be facing long queue times there too.

the problem really is this faction change....

pvp in bg´s and 1k winter are no more fun...
    the battlegrounds open after 20 minutes..... bg´s like isle of conquest open nearly once a day....

its totaly shit..... i mean, you can farm more honor in heroic instances than in battlegrounds currently, because the waittime is just to long...

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4ymore
    the problem really is this faction change....

pvp in bg´s and 1k winter are no more fun...
    the battlegrounds open after 20 minutes..... bg´s like isle of conquest open nearly once a day....

its totaly shit..... i mean, you can farm more honor in heroic instances than in battlegrounds currently, because the waittime is just to long...
    i agree with that. we have same poblems here. point is that most of ppl when they say "im doing pvp" is arena and only.thats the crap of the story.i dont really like arenas and i prefair bgs even im full relent. Well rated bgs will come at cata sto we have too be patient i guess :/

i mean i really like arena... and battlegrounds are not very funny. but i like to play them if i got nothing else to do.

But currently i wait 20 minutes for a battleground... if i play on my tank oder healer i can do 2 heroic instances in the waiting time.

and we got 1k winter nearly 95% of the time, so i always got stonekeeper shards.. its a bad joke, that you can farm honor better in instances, than in pvp..^^

I play wow expecting medium to large scale pvp, where hundreds of player crash in huge battle, not the small caves called Arenas .. But Arena seems to be better choice atm with 20 mins- long BG queues. ...

Deleted

Pretty much the same story on my realm , most of the top guilds went horde, allaince only manage to win WG a few times a week, horde have it all other times. As for Bgs, i hate WSG and IOC is just a little to big. Other than that id miss it.

15+ Year Old Account

BG pvp in this game is in a very sad state and it's only purpose is to let really angsty and immature people kill another and feel good about themselves thanks to the ME > u concept.

I mean let's face it, the rewards are abysmal, the skill used within these BG's is totally irrelevant, most people get carried by others and feel good about themselves and some classes confuse horribly broken mechanics with skill (lol I r awesome pally that kills 2 undergeared clothies then bubbles and runs to the teleport any1?).

Fixing pvp shouldn't be that hard, reduce the size of groups so 20 people can't kill 5 in an open space and feel like they rock CAUSE THEY DON'T. The objectives need to be varied and take small groups with a higher IQ than a toddler. The rewards should be based on your performance and on par with raiding equivalent and certainly not the obvious hand me down version of Arena.
    Winning Vs Losing shouldn't be important, unless you q for what could be a rated match in which people will get punished for losing (especially if they're last).

The worst problem in pvp is the zerg factor where 5 players destroy one player, meaning this one overgeared rogue totally takes down the average geared and defenseless Warlock that on top of it is being hit by that hunter in greens, the mage in pve gear etc... That's bullshit, it's not fun and it doesn't mean anything. The smaller the groups are pitted against each other with similar gear the more "fun" it will be and more "skill" it will use 40 children running rampant to accomplish really broad objectives is the virtual equivalent of a grade school playground.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I'm guessing the people with long queue times are from pve servers? It was like that for me until I transfered to a pvp server and queue time is no more than 5 minutes.

Given I am one of those "weirdos" that really enjoys arena I wouldnt actually mind at all if bgs were gone. If I were to get bored then I would do what I do now and go to some small town near a capital and start picking on guards till some lvl 80s come and have some fun with me ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Quaro
    I'm guessing the people with long queue times are from pve servers? It was like that for me until I transfered to a pvp server and queue time is no more than 5 minutes.
    I am on a rp server (rl friends play there so) but all other servers in my battle group are pvp I do belive so.

I'm on Drak'Tharon-us, which is pvp, and queue times for even wsg and ab are 10 minutes long. It's terrible. And yes, WG is in the same state as mentioned above, 95% horde controlled. Allies should get a raid boss to help them out after 10 straight losses =)

No Battlegrounds? *begins uninstalling*
    That's what I would do, shelve my account, PvP is the CORE reason I play.

Ah, good to know that there are some people out there who´ve made the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4ymore
    i mean i really like arena... and battlegrounds are not very funny. but i like to play them if i got nothing else to do.

But currently i wait 20 minutes for a battleground... if i play on my tank oder healer i can do 2 heroic instances in the waiting time.

and we got 1k winter nearly 95% of the time, so i always got stonekeeper shards.. its a bad joke, that you can farm honor better in instances, than in pvp..^^
    This is a good Point. Why should anyone even do BGs? Especially when there is so much gear to obtain via PvE - why even bother with PvP when u gotta wait 15 min+ for every single bg?
    People will stop queueing. This will result in even longer queue-times, so even less people will queue and so on.

Until the day when BGs ultimately are dead.

So i thought "well, maybe blizzard will do something about it!" and the second i thought it, i realised that Blizzard does not give a F*** about BG-Pvp. Want some examples?
    1. Ws-Flag carried by a Chopper. Is clearly an exploit and can ruin the entire game. They say "report it and we will punish it!" but it never happens and it never gets fixed. This exploit has been in the game for more than 1 year. Blizz could fix it in a heartbeat. But they do not.
    2. SotA, west graveyard can not be taken if there is one guy fireing the cannon. Also has existed for more than 1 year. Blizzard talks about "fixing it" but never does, although it could be changed easy as hell.
    3. Alterac has become a farce after the rise of gear level because EVERYONE just rides to kill Vandar/Drek. Cause they can. Now that's just a joke, the Bg is broken. Blizzard could not care less.
    4. The gear obtainable via BG (Honor) is ALWAYS of lower Ilevel than the gear obtainable via PvE. Why? There is no reason why the best PvP-Ring should be of Ilevel 226, while the best PvE-Ring is of Ilevel 258. Since everyone wants pewpew gear, poeple now tend to to PvE instead of PvP.

I could go on like this for hours.....

I actually consider bgs tons of fun, and arenas boring and broken (no one should ever be rewarded for running away from combat).

and the thing about bgs is that people don't do them for gear, they do them just for fun.

arenas suck ... its warcraft for any sake .
    only arena i would allow is 5v5 (there are 10v10 and so on)
    with very little rewards and so on ,
    there is no skill in it just play the class of the patch , each patch has its own facerollers
    I play this game for 5 years , and there is nothing better then first bg's server based or old AV ... this one sucks its just pure gear honor grind ...
    If you check russiang BG's that is smthing which is nice they play them To win ! they use cd's skills tacs pots and so on . When they enter a bg they do it seriusly .

So waiting for cata as i thought bliz shared the idea of taking of theire atention of bg's so it should be fixed ... Cos now im grinding random ach and so on , waiting for cata ... Want damn rated bg's PVP TITLES true ones not this gladiator chalenger and random nub ones . I like more scout grunt then these .... And want a pvp guild now on my server there are none all are pve .... So want a pvp guild with cata changes hopefully there will be such , and premades ... and PVP weekly quests . If it wont happen i will leave the server were i play for 5 years to try find smthing similar somewhere if not .
    I will leave , but not as before i left for a couple of months and got back etc i think ill rlly quit ...

I want to pvp ... either they fix wow or i will find a worse game , but with pvp i seek ....

Quote Originally Posted by Fir_ost
    arenas suck ... its warcraft for any sake .
    only arena i would allow is 5v5 (there are 10v10 and so on)
    with very little rewards and so on ,
    there is no skill in it just play the class of the patch , each patch has its own facerollers
    I play this game for 5 years , and there is nothing better then first bg's server based or old AV ... this one sucks its just pure gear honor grind ...
    If you check russiang BG's that is smthing which is nice they play them To win ! they use cd's skills tacs pots and so on . When they enter a bg they do it seriusly .

So waiting for cata as i thought bliz shared the idea of taking of theire atention of bg's so it should be fixed ... Cos now im grinding random ach and so on , waiting for cata ... Want damn rated bg's PVP TITLES true ones not this gladiator chalenger and random nub ones . I like more scout grunt then these .... And want a pvp guild now on my server there are none all are pve .... So want a pvp guild with cata changes hopefully there will be such , and premades ... and PVP weekly quests . If it wont happen i will leave the server were i play for 5 years to try find smthing similar somewhere if not .
    I will leave , but not as before i left for a couple of months and got back etc i think ill rlly quit ...

I want to pvp ... either they fix wow or i will find a worse game , but with pvp i seek ....
    Arena is alot of fun. 10times more fun then any other aspect of wow (IMO). It's all about strategy, skills and knowledge of your class aswell as other classes. Sure, some people roll FOTM setups/classes and they will get it easier, but trust me, even they need to be very skilled to achive high rating. You have to remember that FOTM teams will play against 80% FOTM teams and beat them to get to higher ratings!, so it's still the best teams that gets higher ratings.

Another thing I love about arena is that you can grab one or two of your mates and have a great time in the game, while in pve and bg's you're depending on alot more ppl to be online at a certain time.

BG's in it's current state isen't anything I would miss alot, although I still play them. There are too many idiots there that don't know and don't care about teamplay or strategy. However, If they were to introduce a PvP system like in Vanilla it would be a different thing, and bg's would most likely be alot of fun. PvP guilds would come back and premades would be back again. But I don't want BG's to reward better gear then arena does.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I would miss it, apart from the occasional World PvP kill, it is the only type of PvP that I partake in. This is the wrong question, the real question is would YOU miss arenas and what in the name of everything enjoyable in PvE WoW can we do to get Blizzard to abolish Arenas. Or at the very least introduce a debuff that activates when you enter Arenas, leaving us raiders to have the power and abilities we deserve in what is, honestly, a PvE centralized game.
    Hell, even Blizzard realises and openly admits it;

Arenas were a mistake.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

On my server the alliance got overpopulated and now dominate us! Auchindoun - EU