Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Funny excuses used by bad players

There was a fantastic thread on this a while back but I can't seem to find it now that I actually have a funny story to tell! So I'll just make a new one since people's excuses are always a fun read

2 nights ago I was thrown into a ToC normal run on my newbie DK. We get through the jousting and we're on the faction champs when I notice the warrior dps is not wearing any shoulders. At first I'm thinking it's a bug, like the one that makes you look naked even though you're wearing all your gear and decide to inspect him after we beat the champs. For once I remembered to reset my dps meter after jousting so I look and this guy is doing a whooping 300dps. I inspect him and he's wearing maybe HALF the gear he should be... as in NO shoulders, helm, cloak, rings, necklace, bracers etc and the stuff he does have is like, green "of the bear" or "of strength" gear from the AH.

I say "Hey, are you aware you have only half of your gear on?" cuz I'm still thinking this guy must be playing some kind of trick on us, like he wants to see if we'd notice or something. But no... the guy says "No no, this is all my gear... I WAS a tank, but I switched to dps and sold all my gear and this was the only dps gear I could find on the AH and from the reps I have." /facepalm >.<

Fyi this is the first time I think I've experienced a player that was that dumb... any gear is better than nothing!

Anyways, that's mine... Lets hear yours

Re: Funny excuses used by bad players

Quote Originally Posted by Lianora
    2 nights ago I was thrown into a ToC normal run on my newbie DK.
    That's always the best excuse by a bad player.

"I'm playing on my friend's account, don't really know the class..."

Heard that from my tank twice already. The moment to brace yourself for a lot of non-tanked mobs.

So because a player has a death knight toon, who is a newly 80 character (hence newbie) that automatically makes them a bad player?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengie
    The moment to brace yourself for a lot of non-tanked mobs.
    I thought it was to moment to report the guy for account sharing.

So because a player has a death knight toon, who is a newly 80 character (hence newbie) that automatically makes them a bad player?
    Nope. But it's a commonly used excuse to suck regardless.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

I don't think I've ever actually heard any DK use that as their excuse for sucking... but to be honest, I don't usually ask why someone is doing so bad, except this one time, and it was worth asking the question.

I have used this excuse on my DK alt, but it depends on what you consider "bad". In fresh quest greens and blues having just dinged 80, my mage does about 1.5-2K dps adn no group I have been with for random heroic has said anything. On my DK, having just dinged 80 and doing about 2K dps I was constantly getting harassed in party chat. Something like what the OP posted is inexcusable, but despite your desire for 2 emblems of frost, if you are in 245/251 gear you outgear heroics by three tiers of content. Somebody in mostly 175-200 level gear doing around 2K dps is more than sufficient for heroics. If I am asked why I am doing such poor dps I will say that I am a freshly dinged 80 gearing up my toon.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

"because I play for fun and it's only a game"

Well, I play for fun too, but I dont find carrying ass so much fun.

"i have lost control"

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Was in ICC with a resto druid the other day on my alt and he was casting all kinds of spells except Rejuvenation...Assumed he lvled as different spec and didn't speak english so maybe he couldn't read the tooltip...That would have been better than what he said to me when I asked...

"HOTs are based off luck so it's a waste of time"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

"Because I have a life and don't play this game 24/7, noob!"
    I see this one more than I want. It's getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    I have used this excuse on my DK alt, but it depends on what you consider "bad".
    Usually "bad" to me is like the example in my OP, where their idiocy is obvious. If someone is doing poor dps, and I've ran normals while lvling my DK where players are doing 500dps or less which to me, seems really really low, I usually just don't say anything or do anything so long as we aren't wiping or anything because of them. In the ToC run with the gearless warrior, we actually didn't boot him... BUT the healer did stop healing him I think, because he was dead for the last 2 fights in there due to his dpsing in defensive stance and his 300dps wasn't worth the healer spending the mana to keep the guy alive >.<

So because a player has a death knight toon ... that automatically makes them a bad player?
    Fixed and yes

Deleted

In my experience, they don't usually even bother with excuses but just start calling you a noob.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    Somebody in mostly 175-200 level gear doing around 2K dps is more than sufficient for heroics. If I am asked why I am doing such poor dps I will say that I am a freshly dinged 80 gearing up my toon.
    I would love to see that lol. I am so sick and tired of seeing players in 175, 187, 200 gear pulling 4-500 dps.

"I just hit 80." Well that isn't an excuse to not have any of your skills trained about ranks fit for level 65 or to be spec'd x/x/71.

"This is my friend's toon." Okay so you're new to it. Stop ignoring advice in party chat when people are trying to tell you how to do more than 1k dps.

"My account was hacked." Not an excuse to do 800 dps in mostly 232 gear unless you keep your cognitive ability to puch buttons on your hard drive.

"I usually play ret." Not an excuse to not be able to push consecrate or hold aggro on dps doing sub 2k in CoT as the easiest tanking class ever.

"My Rouge spells require a dagger in my main hand." Never used Ambush or BS or anything remotely involving a dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    Fixed and yes
    Says the paladin.
    "Managing resources makes you a noob, skilled classes just smash buttons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    "My account was hacked." Not an excuse to do 800 dps in mostly 232 gear unless you keep your cognitive ability to puch buttons on your hard drive.
    Having your account hacked doesn't mean you lose your hard drive.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Nothing... followed by dropping group.

Had a pally tank in H HoR last night who couldn't keep aggro to save his life. At first I thought it was me - I'm a 'lock, easy enough to pull aggro if I'm not careful... but then I noticed he was losing it every pull to the 4.1k gs warrior, and even to the healer...

Wasn't a case of people attacking the wrong target - I made sure I had him focused and assisted EVERY cast - and it wasn't a case of people not LoSing the ranged... he just wasn't putting out any real threat.

He got a little upset with the DPS at first, but when the healer called him out, he just ninja peaced out.

Good news, though: we had a replacement tank within a few minutes, and - despite our initial misgivings at his gear - easily finished everything out. (His gear may have been lacking, but he definitely had the skill - so all was good.)

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin
    Says the paladin.
    Ret pals are the few class-specs without a rotation at all, for a ret pal to say crap to anyone else...just..blegh.

"FCFS"-Shorter way of saying faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin
    Says the paladin.
    says the druid that has infinite mana/energy. NO ONE has to manage resources anymore.