Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: survival hunter gemming

The 5 AP people have been talking about is from those 15 stamina through HvW, you're counting it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    4 agility is 4.92 agilty with talents and kings, we'll call it 5 for sanity's sake.
    If you're going to scale that agi with buffs, you'd have to do the same with the agi you'd be missing out on to compare agi v. agi/stam gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    The 5 AP people have been talking about is from those 15 stamina through HvW, you're counting it twice.
    Ah, I figured otherwise because people were talking about scaling the agility but forgetting to then scale the stamina too.

Busy, busy. I won't complain about a 3 DPS loss, personally.

well i guess it comes down to personal preference im not saying u should gem agi/stam in every blue socket

but when it comes to raid survivability, helps you - if that extra health makes you survive another day and do more dps

Did you even read the entire thread? the socket bonus becomes active with the blue gem, that adds 6 agility.
    not gonna flame or nothing but the point was he is gemming (or nor gemming) for the 6 agi bonus which adds up to a 36 agi 15 stam 5 ap vs. 40 agi
    And my point was that NO socket bonus, which includes the 6 agil he's refering to, is worth using a blue gem (dps-wise).

15+ Year Old Account

Just to make a point, this helm is obviously bad for hunters because of the expertise.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45893

That socket bonus would be worth it though.

Gemming Stamina is a waste in my opinion. We are only talking about a few DPS loss granted. But when is the 200 stamina going to make a difference ever ?

In fact it activly hurts your raid in fights like Anub'arak.

Yellow sockets with +4 or +6 agility socket bonuses, can take a +10 agility +10 crit gem. The +4 being pretty much neck and neck with a +20 agility, dps wise. Then just gem pure agility with a nitemare tear for your meta.

Our jobs in raids, is DPS. We should do everything possible to squeeze even a few extra DPS out of our Toons. 20ish k unbuffed HP is more than enough to survival everything except a direct hit. At which point even 1k health is not going to make or break it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    Gemming Stamina is a waste in my opinion. We are only talking about a few DPS loss granted. But when is the 200 stamina going to make a difference ever ?

In fact it activly hurts your raid in fights like Anub'arak.

Yellow sockets with +4 or +6 agility socket bonuses, can take a +10 agility +10 crit gem. The +4 being pretty much neck and neck with a +20 agility, dps wise. Then just gem pure agility with a nitemare tear for your meta.

Our jobs in raids, is DPS. We should do everything possible to squeeze even a few extra DPS out of our Toons. 20ish k unbuffed HP is more than enough to survival everything except a direct hit. At which point even 1k health is not going to make or break it.
    What if you're tanking prince keleseth? I routinely use a stoneblood flask, put on relentless PvP gear, if I'm feeling really into it swap to health trinkets. Sitting around 34k health as opposed to the normal 25k I have allows me to survive an entire extra improved shadow lance with 5 orbs.

While I see your point in that DPS is all that matters under normal conditions, there are times where extra life can save you (and your DPS). If you're only innoculated twice on festergut, for example. I live half the time, die half the time, the damage I take is right on the line of my maximum HP pool. You could argue that my melee shouldn't fail to run out and get me a spore, but that's another story =)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by destructard
    idk about surv hunters, but isnt 40 agil better than 36? ???
    yes 40 agil is better than 36, but hunters have a nice ability that converts stam to ap. So it would be 4 agility against the ap provided by the stam->ap buff. Really not much of a difference i socket for stam in situations where agility buff is like that if i already have the nightmare tear in somewhere else for a similar buff.