Thread: Old PVP Titles

10+ Year Old Account

Old PVP Titles

So i read some blue post that Blizzard is thinking about bringing back the old pvp titles.

I would be really sad to see that, because my account dates back to vanilla and one of my toons has got "Knight" title.

In WoW nowadays everyone has same titles, same gear, only takes bit of grinding and its easily achievable, even very hard achievements like "Of the Nightfall" are easy to get now that everyone is several lvls above in gear.

Having something unique, or not very common is very hard, i know its just a title, and it was given due to pure grinding, but still, Blizzard could leave us with that at least has a token of appreciation to the players that have been faithful to WoW all these years.

Anyone has an opinion on this?
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Old PVP Titles

They've said they want to bring back the titles, but this time, it will take skill to get them. Not just farming BGs all the time.

The skill part is i. e. a better win/lose ratio etc.
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

15+ Year Old Account

I think they said they would add new titles and not reuse the old ones so don't worry, your old title is safe.

This old titles will, as far as I understood, still be unique. The new ones will be variations of the old ones.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by det
    My opinion is that neither has EVERYONE the same title NOR are old titles in any way unique. Maybe there is only a handful of High warlords, but ofc everyone and their dog was a grunt or knight or whatever.
    Yeah it didnt require much to get it but still, its not very common nowadays, but like i said, i dont want it to be unique has a symbol of being skilled or achieved something really hard, because it was not, purely for the fact that represents the "old" age of my wise toon ;D
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

I'd like to see where they said that they'd be re-using the same titles from pre-2.0 in a future pvp setting. All I saw was that there'd be a new system through which one could gain titles that was involved with pvp, possibly the ranked BG's, besides that I haven't seen anything.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

They said they're talking about it, and the Blue poster in question said the best idea they've got now is using rated BG points to buy them, like you could buy the gladiator tabards with arena points, and the titles would require a certain ranking--in other words, you can't get Grand Marshal by sucking up HKs with little effort on your part like you could in Classic.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

the old titles are coming back , will prob keep the FoS as onyxia but the titles will be back same old titles .

Yes you were right i got grunt ? and i like it , i have a few others but i like this one cos its pretty unique , some have scout ssome have warlord and some are Grunts . And not many play wow since then , and even less on theire mains . So this is a good rare title imo . Wont change it until i get loremaster or seeker .
    The change doesnt hurt me much tough i finally can get a higher better rank . And for old titles we still have fos which is nice imo .
    And for this titles they will be skill related so dont think its bad , they wont be so easy as nightfall to obtain

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    I think they said they would add new titles and not reuse the old ones so don't worry, your old title is safe.
    Oh, I never heard that. Thank you. I'm glad then that I can hold on to my old titles on my characters. I thought they were going bye bye.

Blizz will be using new ones that slightly resemble the old ones. So no, all that hard work won't go down the drain. From what i heard though, it won't be as easy as just sitting around and soaking up all the HK. Might actually be some work. :/
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Hopefully not, I enjoy having my knight lit. title on my rogue and not seeing many people with that sort of title.