Poll: Interested in Playing Dead Island?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Dead Island, Are you anticipating this one?

I ran across this title while perusing the steam store. It's slated for a "2011" release, but might take longer as games usually do. The video's definitely grabbed my interest (especially the one with the family which has a strange but effective time line). I was wondering if anyone else has seen this game in development and is interested in playing it.

I love Zombie movies, and Zombie games, and it appears the interesting twist on this one might be that your only weapons are melee, which will certainly make fighting off hordes of Zombies far more interesting.

Thoughts?

I admit I haven't heard of the developer Deep Silver before, I stick to PC games, console gaming doesn't interest me much anymore. This could be a great thing, or a bad thing with regards to this game, having never heard of them, I'm hoping to be blown away by this game.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very likely, gives me time off from WoW and demon souls and no ranged weapons just melee weapons? Hah sign me up bout to kill some undeads!

I refuse to get hyped for something I know nothing about. Trailers are misleading at the best of times

On a somewhat related note:

Deleted
    The game looks very promising, offering pretty much everything a true survival horror fan could ask for. It seems to be quite emotionally engaging, with both the trailer and gameplay footage indicating that there is going to be a lot going on.

It looks pretty good from what ive seen but, from what i remmber at least , melee only combat in a game has the potential to get very bland very quick so im interested to see what they do with it.

Deleted
    Deep Silver created Sacred 1 & 2 (I find Sacred 2 to be better than Diablo 2!). Great news. I only know them from those games though.

Deleted
    I'm not into horror/zombie games.

20 mins of gameplay footage for those that are interested.

Haven't quite made up my mind yet. Probably gonna wait for reviews or a demo before I decide if I'm gonna get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    20 mins of gameplay footage for those that are interested.

Haven't quite made up my mind yet. Probably gonna wait for reviews or a demo before I decide if I'm gonna get it.
    Gameplay seemed rather dull.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

Kinda looks like borderlands with zombies, hmm could be good...
    If I could separate me from myself, I'd stay away from me..

Quote Originally Posted by chris1554 View Post
    Gameplay seemed rather dull.

I will most likely get this game because I am a huge faggot that gets a hard on for anything zombie related...but your kind of right. I will keep an open mind because this is only 20m of gameplay footage and I assume its still being fine tuned...but judging from that video I can picture myself beating this game and then having it collect dust like so many other games I bought for the PC (Fuck you Black Ops...Borderlands I love ya but you have 0 replay value). The gameplay definitely needs to be amped up for me to keep interested.

If it has multiplayer then I will probably love it...god I just fucking love Zombie/horde's of monsters type games heh.

The initial trailer got me excited for it. I thought it was going to be an emotional zombie game. But the gameplay trailer of it makes it out to be oblivion but with zombies. It's something I'm no longer that interested in.

I wanted it to be something like The Walking Dead. Instead it's more like Dead Rising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intensionality View Post
    Kinda looks like borderlands with zombies, hmm could be good...
    Borderlands did have zombies....

Deleted
    Zombie games are ridiculous. Kiddy-Genre, like all these zombie-call of casual mods.

the teaser video is misleading, the game is not as emotional and story driven as the trailer makes it seem. It is almost literally a combining of Dead Rising 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, which means its going to be fun. But I just wish there could be a zombie game with an actual story and have emotion. Instead of it being just kill as many as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzme View Post
    the teaser video is misleading, the game is not as emotional and story driven as the trailer makes it seem. It is almost literally a combining of Dead Rising 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, which means its going to be fun. But I just wish there could be a zombie game with an actual story and have emotion. Instead of it being just kill as many as you can.
    Likewise, that teaser trailer is INCREDIBLY misleading

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I refuse to get hyped for something I know nothing about. Trailers are misleading at the best of times

On a somewhat related note:
    Hahaha, that poor guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Hahaha, that poor guy.
    You have to admit it was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    Borderlands did have zombies....
    Yeah I know.. but about 50% more zombie like here :P
    If I could separate me from myself, I'd stay away from me..

anyone wanting to see a disappointment here you go 20 mins of gameplay.