Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Can't find melodies or understand the lyrics in thrash?.... Errr, ya can't understand what Hetfield/Mustaine/Belladonna/Any other thrash metal singer, ya can't understand english. Honestly, it seems as if your definition of thrash and general metal is norwegian black metal from the 80's produced on a toaster.
    '

^ This, totally.

If you don't understand lyrics or hear any melody in these songs, you may really wanna look into what brand of hearing aid would be best for you here pretty soon:

And to ThrashMetalFTW, that Insomnium song you posted sounds good, and yes, they do have more of a melancholic sound than some do. That said, I wasn't trying to say that they weren't recognizable or were just carbon copies of other melodeath bands, either. He asked "how cool is that?" and I responded that, at least to me, it isn't anything special, and is no cooler than many other bands playing the same style. And I still feel that way...all Insomnium I've heard is good, but not exceptional. Very rarely would I get in the mood to hear them over many other melodeath acts. I mean, I've never heard Be'Lakor till I watched that vid Evengar posted, and I'm now just as likely to order something from them(they also sound melacholic here!) as I am to pick up another Insomnium disc, whereas if I had to pick between getting something by either of them, or getting something by Amon Amarth or replacing a destroyed copy of Whoracle, I'd choose Whoracle or AA in a heartbeat.

I haven't kept up with my metal in forever, I've been digging rap too much recently.

What's a good band that sounds like Man Must Die? I <3 that intensity

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    What's a good band that sounds like Man Must Die? I <3 that intensity
    If you're looking for intensity like that, you might try Necrophagist. I've already posted 2 songs by them not that far back in this thread if you wanna browse back a couple of pages and check em.

Also, the guy that uploaded that particular song you linked? He uploads a LOT of music in that style. Check his Youtube channel, you'll prolly find a lot you may dig.

I already own Epitaph

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, promised a new song before the new year, so it's only one day late!

Enjoy it anyway! Same as with the previous one, not the mastered version, but should do the trick regardless. Oh, and what you're hearing is not a cello. It's an electric bass guitar on which a cello bow has been used to new and exciting effect

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11585958

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I already own Epitaph
    Tried Obscura? 2 of the guys who played on Epitaph play with them now. I posted a couple of their songs a few pages back as well. Quo Vadis, Martyr(the Canadian one, not the dutch), Augury...

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Love The Ocean and am absolutely smitten with the detail they put into the artwork of the CDs they release. Just don't think the last two CDs are... as good really.

Deleted

IRL buddy's band

Also,

Love the organic feel to the production on this. Super-compressed death or sludge sounds bad, and this album is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Bonks badpaladin*

Geifv feedback on new song!

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-01-02 at 02:05 AM.

Say what you will, but I have never liked the throwing up your guts sound that goes in a lot of modern metal. I was born in the mid 70's so I grew up with Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and the such and I have always liked a band that has a singing singer. I do love, absolutely love the heavy rifts many of the "gut tossing" bands have, but once they start in with that I have to stop the song. I can handle some, like In This Moment is a fav of mine, Otep, etc. Any suggestions on some bands with hard, heavy rifts that have actual singing in them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something a bit different

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Something a bit different

<snip>
    Different is an understatement, but I dig it. Al Jourgensen for Pres.! (I wish there was an Industrial thread)

*Bonks badpaladin*

what new song?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    what new song?
    Well, promised a new song before the new year, so it's only one day late!

Enjoy it anyway! Same as with the previous one, not the mastered version, but should do the trick regardless. Oh, and what you're hearing is not a cello. It's an electric bass guitar on which a cello bow has been used to new and exciting effect

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11585958
    That new song!

That new song!
    ok, will listen to it after i'm done with cooking then i'll comment on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been somewhat obsessed with this band for the last 3 or 4 years, Pretty great if you ask me.

*Bonks badpaladin*

So hey I finally listened to it. I think the intro sort of fell over with the mini-blast-beats tossed in with the almost tribal drumming going on. I would have preferred a more simply percussive section before you lead into the first verse, then probably some sort of fill that then slams you with the faster drumming. Other than that the only thing I'd say might be missing is a bit more atmospherics in the bridge section.

Obligatory Neurosis