Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Not me.

And only reason I'd consider listening to Soilwork would be Dirk's drumwork. He's rapidly turning into one of my favourite drummers.
    I don't know, great riffs, catchy as hell, strong vocals and really great lyrics (as usual in melodeath).

I would def at least recommend a listen if you're at all interested in the sub genre as it really is a return to its roots with everything they've learned over
    the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I don't know, great riffs, catchy as hell, strong vocals and really great lyrics (as usual in melodeath).

I would def at least recommend a listen if you're at all interested in the sub genre as it really is a return to its roots with everything they've learned over
    the years.
    Dislike the vocals and deffo not a fan of the genre. Most of it is extremely predictable and straight forward.

Dislike the vocals and deffo not a fan of the genre. Most of it is extremely predictable and straight forward.
    I echo these sentiments.

I'm a fan of In Flame's Whoracle and the band Rapture, but other than that there isn't much that grabs me. I'd rather listen to Death Metal with melody....like Dismember:

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of it is just At The Gates and/or Edge of Sanity rehashing.

Nemtheanga has a new doom band. Not really blown away just yet:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    It seemed really boring to me on my first listen but it has grown on me. I like it now.
    edit: Speaking of melodic death metal. Who in here is excited about the upcoming Dark Tranquillity and Amon Amarth albums?
    I sure am! The last 4 Amon Amarth albums has been great, and I'm really fond of Dark Tranquility's last album. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Early Dark Tranquillity is some solid work though.

Deleted
    Anyone ever heard of Gormathon?

Just found those guys recently, and i think they are pretty awesome, kinda like Amon Amarth styled metal.

Oh and ofc, the singer looks like Saruman XD

Dax has been to my city twice while I've lived here and I've managed to miss him both times. /sadface

Anyways, doesn't really fit into metal but I know I'm not the only one who appreciates his craft:

Deleted
    Not sure what you guys think about Metalcore/deathcore. But Heaven Shall Burn have released their first song from their upcoming album "VETO"!

I'm a big fan of this band, and this sounds really great. But then again, not sure what you guys think about this kind of metal.

The new Intronaut album is amazing. I really liked Valley of Smoke, but I might love the new one even more.

August Burns Red - (Manheim, PA - America) the first real heavy band I got into, huge inspiration on my life. Christian band, while I'm not religion I do totally respect the values of tolerance, love and bettering yourself (inb4 anti religion dicks)

Carpe Diem I feel sums that all up. Though unlike their other stuff, which is much faster and more technical and progressive.

Parkway Drive - Australian band from a small town called Byron Bay. Another huge inspiration on my life, just a bunch of friends doing something they love, very powerful lyrics and on top of that, super chill, normal guys. Amazing [body]surfers too, some even semi pro at one point - their DVD Home Is For The Heartless is a great watch, even if you don't like the music, it's a great insight into touring countries that rarely get bands to them. They're phenonmenal live - their energy is relentless, the crowds are in awe and the music is perfect.

Blue and the Grey - Last Track on their newest album Atlas, it again, encompasses everything that Parkway is in one song, a huge influence from nature, but talking about someone in Winstons (the singers) life - with huge breakdowns and an outro leaving you wanting more.

Enter Shikari - From St. Albans in England - not too far from me! A first they seem chaotic, that's because they are, but beneath the madness, usually is a powerful message, usually anti capitalism/pro zeitgeist, except on their first album which was just madness for the sake of madness, but still my favourite! 'Abusing musics worthless boundaries since 2005' as proclaimed by singer Rou Reynolds. You leave a Shikari concert either deaf or blind... or both.

No Sssweat / The Jester a live mashup of two of their best songs, they're fucking amazing.

Last edited by willtron; 2013-03-23 at 12:09 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Most of it is just At The Gates and/or Edge of Sanity rehashing.

Nemtheanga has a new doom band. Not really blown away just yet:

I'm digging it. I still think Nemtheanga has the best voice in metal. I am biased though Primordial are my all time favorite metal band.

A few of my recent discoveries and current tunes I'm listening to:

Primordial - Bloodied Yet Unbound

Carach Angren - These Fields Are Lurking

Clutch - DC sound attack

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize that this is not new to many, but I really just started to listen to them and like them a lot:

I like sandwiches

New vocalist sounds just like a younger Geoff. I might have to check this out when it's released:

10+ Year Old Account
    Dafuq. Auto tune on Queensrÿche!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Amaranthe's new album is now out everywhere, yay!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of Y&G.

So soft compared to previous stuff. Feels like another Mastodon all over where they lose the fire that made them interesting in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not really listened to Yellow and Green much yet, but it definitely seems to be going away from what I really liked on Red and Blue. First and second sound just as different. I like them almost as much as Red and Blue.

As for Mastodon, I still love all their albums. Not the same sound by any means. They progress and so does their music. Perhaps never toppling Leviathan in many peoples' eyes, but who the hell does top that shit? I also see these two as really only the same genre and location. Very distinct sounds for both imo.
    I like sandwiches

Dafuq. Auto tune on Queensrÿche!?
    Fuck. I didn't catch it until I listened through my headphones but yeah, definitely autotune. I am disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account