Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    For fans of King and Mercyful Fate:

I must say this album positively surprised me. While it is far from original it is nevertheless a very solid album.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Not gonna listen to it. The complete album only is 5 tracks or so. Will hear it when it's all available.
    Same for me. Stayed away from listening to it, I'll wait till it's all released.

10+ Year Old Account
    We interrupt this program to bring you MOTHERFUCKING NEW PAGAN ALTAR OUTTA NOWHERE

Super stoked for Archspire's new album, the 3 songs they've released so far are ridiculously good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently these fine lads are back in action:

Also, new Akercocke album can be heard here:

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...-have-returned

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really digging the new Leprous, you can go all out pop and sing Euphooooooriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for all I care with a voice like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not many fans here, but the new Paradise Lost is good. I might be a bit biased as I have been a fan since their inception.

Deleted

Two Mastodon albums in one year?
    This is fine.

New Akercocke and Der Weg so good hnng
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    It's an EP.

Really digging the new Der Weg einer Freiheit, definitely their best since their debut even though it's a very compact album.

Also, thank you guys for un-deading the thread.

It's the first of September and the new Botanist album (which I'm currently listening to) and Septicflesh came out today. I bought flight tickets to go and see Botanist in Nottingham at the end of this month and I'm really hyped since this sounds like their best album so far, possibly even AOTY.

To keep the thread alive I also have an unpopular opinion for you guys: I've been revisiting some Neurosis albums lately and also listened to some of their albums that I haven't listened to yet, namely Enemy of the Sun and Souls at Zero (I only gave that one a single listen at some point). I don't know if I'm just not really in the right mood for music like this at the moment but I feel like I've been enjoying their music less now, aside from the songs I already knew I liked. The rest just didn't really grab me. In any case, Times of Grace will probably stay my favorite album by them.

Neurosis power ranking:
    Spoiler: 

Times of Grace > A Sun That Never Sets = Through Silver in Blood > Given to the Rising = Souls at Zero = The Eye of Every Storm = Honor Found in Decay > Fires Within Fires = Enemy of the Sun

But wait, there's more, if you ever wondered what hip hop with blastbeats sounds like:

I've known this rapper for a while now but only recently did I listen to this album of his. He's a huge metal fan and collaborated with a number of members from big bands already (more than you'd guess), like Suffocation, Voivod, Lamb of God, Obituary, Anthrax, Megadeth, Fates Warning and so on and so on, you get the idea. I have to say that I enjoy his music despite how edgy and cheesy it can be. All the little metal references in his tracks make for a really fun listen. His beats are also pretty fucking good most of the time.
    him(Necro) and his brother (Ill Bill) also had a death metal band in the 80's. and you can see it's influence here and there in their rap.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Septicflesh is way better than both Titan the Great Mass, but nowhere near Communion or their older stuff. I'm still pretty satisfied with it tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think the new Scepticflesh is that good. Thought it a bit boring. I like Communion much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    New Akercocke and Der Weg so good hnng
    Didn't particularly like Akercocke but Der Weg einer Freiheit is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Don't think the new Scepticflesh is that good. Thought it a bit boring. I like Communion much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't particularly like Akercocke but Der Weg einer Freiheit is great.
    I loved both. Those two on top of the fantastic new Botanist and the new Drudkh/Paysage split, this week has been absolutely insane. My AOTY changed like 3 times this week alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Paysage is always the shit. Das Tor was one of my favorite albums that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved both. Those two on top of the fantastic new Botanist and the new Drudkh/Paysage split, this week has been absolutely insane. My AOTY changed like 3 times this week alone.
    Still gotta listem to Drudhk and Botanist. So far my AOTY is really hard to tell. Probably Havukruunu, or surprisingly Pyramaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Still gotta listem to Drudhk and Botanist. So far my AOTY is really hard to tell. Probably Havukruunu, or surprisingly Pyramaze.
    Havukruunu was very good, my AOTYSF was The Great Old Ones but I don't even know now, Der Weg gave it a real run for it's money and that split was extremely good.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been mine so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Havukruunu was very good, my AOTYSF was The Great Old Ones but I don't even know now, Der Weg gave it a real run for it's money and that split was extremely good.
    Ah yeah forgot about the Great Old Ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

This one also is close to my my album of the year. It surprised the hell out of me.

Paradise Lost no doubt is going to make it to my top 10 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

Haven't gotten to this yet, I'm still only on their second album

10+ Year Old Account
    This one is really worth listening to. It is really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I listened to it after I came home from work I had it on repeat for at least 4 times, I was just so entranced with it I forgot to eat and had to cook at like 10 PM. I still have no idea what the fuck I was doing during that time.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a real grower, it took me at least 3 listens to grasp it. At first it was kinda disappointing, then it REALLY grew on me. The songwriting is just off the charts.

Bilateral > Tall Poppy Syndrome > Malina > Coal > The Congregation.