Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A feral tank's qq

Ok, first off i really have to complain about the feral druid's loot table in ICC, am I the only one thinking theres almost no decent off-sett-feral-tank-gear?
    There are numerous items where the itemization are way more focused on agi > stam etc. This is atleast the fact in 10mans, haven't been much in the 25man version.

And when first one drops (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50001) you lose it to some looney rogue. Where you would've pass for some agi-stated piece. (The reason I need to QQ quite frankly) Are there any sense in this, or am I just talking rubbish here..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zenedar&cn=Ryadan

Re: A feral tank's qq

Yes itemization for feral tank in ICC is terrible, been that way pretty much since when they merged Hunter and Druid weapons, stuff isn't itemized with druids in mind since that day.

As gear gets better and better, while hit/exp caps stay the same, you'll find less and less pieces with expertise on them. Back in naxx you needed ~4 pieces of gear to cap expertise while now you only need 2. This means that you're looking at more pieces with crit, haste, or even arpen on them. Tanking cloaks and jewelery remain properly itemized.

I'm really not sure what you're looking for? Don't feel like you're getting enough special treatment and you want an icc version of http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29171 / http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30021 ??

There's a serious lack of expertise, and to a lesser degree hit, but there's not a lot you can do about it. The chest you linked is a fantastic off-set piece, I suspect most feral tanks will be going for 4t10 + that chest. If you lost the roll that sucks but you can hardly complain, it may be good for you but dps are having the same hit/expertise issues as you are.

15+ Year Old Account

Did you guys even tried to build a tanking set with ICC gear? Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

There is more than enough expertise gear, 2 pieces of it anywhere gets you soft capped with primal precision. Itemization is fine for feral tank. You can't expect there to be a "perfect" piece of gear every single time you upgrade something. You can end up with the "perfect" set but that takes time to do. You wont always be hit capped after a new patch, you wont always have enough expertise after a new patch. These are things that EVERY class has to deal with when upgrading their gear, and time is the only fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryadan
    And when first one drops (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50001) you lose it to some looney rogue.
    please remember that rogues are facing crit caps at this level of itemization and to get the most out of their gear they need to hit/exp capped

so the sack of wonder is actually good for rogues, it may not be their BIS, but it is still good

if this is a problem in your raids, you may want to consider people posting their BIS lists and getting priority on them

you could also just farm 20k gold or so and watch the AH closely to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Did you guys even tried to build a tanking set with ICC gear? Just sayin'
    Did I do this right with my ICC gear set up, AuroroTank? (The Gear setup that I pick are pre Lich King gear. I will update it once we get more data, most likely the boots and the cloak.)

There is nothing wrong with ICC gear choices. Yes we do share with Rogue and Kitty for Armor gear. The Weapon are shared with Hunter and Kitty. The non leather armor are shared with other tanks.

ICC tanking gear are better than TOC, and ULD.

Tanking items without Parry, or Block:

Necklace:
    Bile-EncrustedMedallion
    Nooseof Malachite

Rings:
    Abomination'sBloody Ring
    AshenBand of Endless Courage
    Devium'sEternally Cold Ring
    Harbinger'sBone Band

Tanking item that have parry, or block:

Necklace:
    Marrowgar'sScratching Choker

Rings:
    JuggernautBand

Tanking Trinkets:

Stamina:
    CorrodedSkeleton Key
    Sindragosa'sFlawless Fang

No Stamina:
    CorpseTongue Coin

Mix Bag:
    UnidentifiableOrgan

"Tanking Weapon":

AGI > STAM:
    Distant Land
    Shaft of Glacial Ice

STAM > AGI:
    Hersir's Greatspear

STAM = AGI:
    Bloodfall
    Lightborn Spire

Non AGI:
    Bonebreaker Scepter (There is no off hand tanking item at lvl 80)

Leather Armor:
    From what I see on our Leather Armor is nothing to worry about. I am fine if a rogue won a Ikfirus'sSack of Wonder against me. I just have to roll for it next time, it is not the end of the world. (I already got one)

So stop QQ about the gear that drop, who won it, and make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryadan
    Ok, first off i really have to complain about the feral druid's loot table in ICC, am I the only one thinking theres almost no decent off-sett-feral-tank-gear?
    There are numerous items where the itemization are way more focused on agi > stam etc. This is atleast the fact in 10mans, haven't been much in the 25man version.

And when first one drops (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50001) you lose it to some looney rogue. Where you would've pass for some agi-stated piece. (The reason I need to QQ quite frankly) Are there any sense in this, or am I just talking rubbish here..
    I thought the same thing when I saw the feral T10 and ICC gear. However, I am still able to maintain hit and expertise cap (hell, atm I am expertise HARD capped). So the armor pen on gear is just added threat for us. The chest you linked is also good for rogues. However, from my experience, a lot of End-game guilds will gear their main tanks first so if you are a main tank then maybe you should shoot the heads up that the chest piece is actually better than your T10 chest (which it definitely is for tanking).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I thought the same thing when I saw the feral T10 and ICC gear. However, I am still able to maintain hit and expertise cap
    Same here - Although Sack of Wonder compensates previous losses quite a bit Seems I wont be running into problems in the foreseeable future if I stick to my 'upgrade-order';

If I replace my current leggings and headpiece with T10 (in order to get 4 setbonus) I'm still hitcapped (over cap by 2) - I will eventually face the problem again once I upgrade Acidmaw Treads for the craftable ICC ones, or Soulthief's Braided Belt for the emblem one lets hope the lich king drops some good hit gear =p

If you play an elemental shaman you will think at your first visit at the loottable in icc10: "I see, i only will have fun on raiding it and not for the loot" ;D
    Im sorry for my bad english :P

Quote Originally Posted by Syph
    Same here - Although Sack of Wonder compensates previous losses quite a bit Seems I wont be running into problems in the foreseeable future if I stick to my 'upgrade-order';

If I replace my current leggings and headpiece with T10 (in order to get 4 setbonus) I'm still hitcapped (over cap by 2) - I will eventually face the problem again once I upgrade Acidmaw Treads for the craftable ICC ones, or Soulthief's Braided Belt for the emblem one lets hope the lich king drops some good hit gear =p
    I hope you read the post of tanking gear, that I post. We are going to be hit cap and Exp cap if we grab the Noose of Malachite, Abomination's Bloody Ring, and Ashen Band of Endless Courage along with T10 leg+Sack.

The biggest question is what boots to take.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    We are going to be hit cap and Exp cap if we grab [list of items].

The biggest question is what boots to take.
    Thing is I would really prefer i.e. Band of the Twin Val'kyr or Bile-Encrusted Medallion when looking at the items individually... I realize I might not have much any choice, but that just me fighting 'the system' :d

most of all I wish that the sack would've been a robe... Apparently I cant stand the looks of anything else after 4 years of almost only robes/kilts =p[/list]

15+ Year Old Account

as stated in a few other threads...
    is threat a problem? no? why bother with hit/expertise at all?
    is threat a problem? ok, lets take all this hix/exp jewelery.

how to manage that? get all of it. get the armor pieces for fights where threat doesnt matter. get the hit-pieces for fights where it DOES matter. switch out depending what you need.

I'd tend to agree, complete Hit cap is not necessary.

I would personally make sure I have the cap for Growl using the glyph, but that's about it. Unless I start struggling with threat, I don't think I'll sacrifice extra armor on jewelry for Hit.

15+ Year Old Account

growl hitcap is only for fights where a missed taunt could break the fight. this was the case at gormok25 hard when TOGC25 was still new. this was the case on saurfang when the fight was new and basically will be the case on saurfang hard for the first 2-3 weeks maybe.
    It was also the case on razorscale at the beginning, when the tanks could be squished when not taunting properly. there are always "some" fights. but on everything else, it isn't really necessary at all to be taunt-hit-capped. And as I stated, then that issue could be perfectly solved by taking both items for the slot and equip them as needed.

wandering a little from this thread's subject, it's funny to see that people are still taking maul as _the_ mandatory glyph for a bear. I'm running with growl, SI and FR since a pretty much long time for now. swipe does all the aoe threat for me... and since it's only one OR about 6-20 mobs to tank at the same time, I don't see the real need for maul at all

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    wandering a little from this thread's subject, it's funny to see that people are still taking maul as _the_ mandatory glyph for a bear. I'm running with growl, SI and FR since a pretty much long time for now. swipe does all the aoe threat for me... and since it's only one OR about 6-20 mobs to tank at the same time, I don't see the real need for maul at all
    I see maul vs. growl as depending on content level. For new bears, I recommend Maul (helps in those aoe packs when you're tab+maul+swipe-ing), but then for raiding I recommend Growl (taunt fights, not pulling aggro on secondary mobs -- anub).

Thats why I love dual spec. 2 tank specs, one with maul glyph and one with growl glyph. Problem solved.

1k for a second, identical spec save for one glyph, or stacks of said glyphs for much less gold? Mmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Thats why I love dual spec. 2 tank specs, one with maul glyph and one with growl glyph. Problem solved.
    Seems redundant. I prefer 1 bear and 1 cat spec. Call me old fashioned.