Poll: Do they suck in high end arena

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are ret pallies bad in arena season 8?

As the topic says, do ret pallies suck in high end arena against people with decent gear?

Re: Are ret pallies bad in arena season 8?

I understand MM/Ret/Healer will be at least decent.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrellael
    I understand MM/Ret/Healer will be at least decent.
    the best suited healer would be a resto shaman for the offensive dispels and heroism/bloodlust.

between a paladins cleanse, and the shamans cleanse spirit everything is also dispellable. then factor in totems and it's gg.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

I still think they have strength in 3v3 teams, you can't deny their ability to burst and a good ret pally can apply alot of pressure at the right time.

Yes you suck, and I love it. I'm sick and tired of OP Ret Paladins pressing two buttons and winning, also known as Facerolling, for the past 2 years.

Deleted

Lets hope they do !

Anyone who says "yes" doesn't know how to play one.

A ret paladin that knows wtf they're doing can do quite well in arena.

Ret Paladins are Z0MGFACEROLLLAWLWIN! in 2's anymore, but still capable of doing well in 3's and 5's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gindry
    Yes you suck, and I love it. I'm sick and tired of OP Ret Paladins pressing two buttons and winning, also known as Facerolling, for the past 2 years.

2 years? Really? I don't think it's been that long at all. Maybe a year. For a good portion of wows existance holy was the only viable spec so I don't know why so many complain. How long were warlocks reining over the pvp battlefields??

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Go protribution, double the flavor - double the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    How long were warlocks reining over the pvp battlefields??
    Not long enough. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    the best suited healer would be a resto shaman for the offensive dispels and heroism/bloodlust.

between a paladins cleanse, and the shamans cleanse spirit everything is also dispellable. then factor in totems and it's gg.
    Not always the best healer, with resil changes druid/priest will be better again. Priests are actually VERY good.

taylor twilight

I think ret pallies get a bad rep they don't deserve. If you know their stuff, they can help.

too bad thats not the case.

I'm not certain yet, though I forsee ret will be worse than in previous season. Rets mostly rely on quick swaps with bursting down the target and putting pressure, resi buff will kinda spoil it. On the other hand matches will be longer, perhaps our defensive utility will benefit.

All the baddies referring to ret playstyle as 'faceroll' have no slightest idea of what's it like to play at 2,3-2,4k+ ratings, where ret fulfills 3 roles: dps, cc and support.

There is only one relentless gladiator playing ret: Hoffahoff, imo carried by his partners, mainly warrior who went protection.
    Only silly pvers cry about ret being OP when they die in 0 resi gear within seconds.

Hahaha..

Except for we haven't been "Teh most overpowerdest class evur" in for almost a year now.
    If a ret killed you pressing only two buttons then you are bad.
    All classes are easy.. get over yourself.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

I'm going to share some research that I have been doing while doing arena's/bgs. Anyone who rolls a male BE paladin is bad. They don't know what to hit at the right time. Personaly I have never came across a ret paladin that could take down my dk. Most of it is the sheer fact that they are popping things at the wrong moments. Its more of the player than anything. If you know what you're doing as a ret pally you can bring a lot to the arena team.

10+ Year Old Account

there was a mage in my guild that kept on me about how faceroll ret was in pvp, i challenged him to roll a paladin and pvp with it. he did. for the past month he's been saying "how the F#$^ do i kill things that can hit me from more than 10 yards away!?"

my answer was "take them by suprise, if that didnt work, bubble and run the fuck away or take off your armor so they dont have as much hp to burn through"

i'm not saying ret is hard, i'm saying it's not as easy as people seem to think it is.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

They might be hard to play in Arena, I dont know really.

Although I must say the amount of paladins in BGs are ridiculous.

Is it because everyone loves the color pink or whats up?

I find this terribly ironic coming from a Druid as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Aha, wow! A Resto druid, attacking another class for being OP in arena? *cough* TBC *cough*.
    You're quick to forget you're own time as OP, and quick to attack anyone else for being it, how hypocritical...