Thread: Resto

Resto

Ok, resto is my offspec, and im very confused on what to stack, i See hardcore raiding resto shams gem haste, so haste is 1k unbuffed, others gem spellpower, 3700 sp unbuffed only 500 haste, others buff intel, 600 haste 35 k mana, what is the best way to go gemming wise? im really stuck on this.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Resto

Tank healing (and some 10man healer) shamans usually gem high INT/SP/crit
    Raid healing shamans go high haste then SP/crit

Regardless, a fair safe bet is gem int till your not going oom, (for most shamans that's around 23-25k unbuffed mana) then haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger
    Tank healing (and some 10man healer) shamans usually gem high INT/SP/crit
    Raid healing shamans go high haste then SP/crit

Regardless, a fair safe bet is gem int till your not going oom, (for most shamans that's around 23-25k unbuffed mana) then haste.
    I concur with this, I'm at 27K mana and have been gemming Haste as I mostly raid heal

But my real question is what is enough haste? 500 or 1k?, because i have 25k mana, rarely ever go out of mana, have been gemming sp, but probably will go gem haste , but yea whats a good ammount of haste for a resto sham?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    I concur with this, I'm at 27K mana and have been gemming Haste as I mostly raid heal
    I'm with ^^; now I don't go OOM in the time, I make more casts in that time, so it makes perfect sense really ;D

Our class is complex, and requires thought, but at the same time it's like... zoom zoom pewpew... know what I mean?

Sorry for the spelling , english isn´t my main laguaje =P
    Yes I..erm..I can see that...

Honestly when it comes to too much haste, all I can say, is if you can keep your mana up, then you dont have too much haste

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Deleted

Haste all the way. The faq explains why this is such a good stat for us.

haste to 1100ish then sp/haste
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

10+ Year Old Account

I gem'd mostly pure haste until i was about 1.2k haste and now with new gears from ICC which gots alot of haste i gem SP haste so i float around 1.2k raid buffed but got more Sp and mana out of it.

As long as you dont go oom there isnt really a limit, until like 1269 gemming beyond that point is worthess from what i've read.
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

15+ Year Old Account

Soft cap is 1289 as far as I know, not 1269? Hard cap however is 1400 and it's the hard cap you should go for as haste still calculates till that after that it gets as pointless as gemming spellpower, crit and mp5 so be it whatever you gem after that.
    This goes for both tank and raidhealing.

Ya, this is an easy one, look at the stickies. Our gear comes with plenty of sp so no need to gem for it. Haste is Godly exp if raid healing w/CH. So gem haste and only if socket bonus is worth it stick a sp/haste or sp/mp5 gem in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    Soft cap is 1289 as far as I know, not 1269? Hard cap however is 1400 and it's the hard cap you should go for as haste still calculates till that after that it gets as pointless as gemming spellpower, crit and mp5 so be it whatever you gem after that.
    This goes for both tank and raidhealing.

I'm pretty sure you can't reach the hard cap with current gear (CH/HW to 1.0 sec cast).

If I throw all my haste shit on, plus haste food, I'm at 1521 haste. With my totem HW/CH are 1.63 sec cast. This is the stuff I wear for dreamwalker usually, for everything else I'm usually going with 4 pc and at around 1200 haste.

The thing with the LHW cast time is, even if it's getting GCD clipped, it really doesn't matter. Your other heals still benefit, and that first cast (usually the one that matters most) is still going off faster.

15+ Year Old Account

When you reach a certain point, stats do no longer stack, at 1400 haste will not be viable to stack anymore % wise, that's the hard cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    When you reach a certain point, stats do no longer stack, at 1400 haste will not be viable to stack anymore % wise, that's the hard cap.
    "not viable" does not equal "hard cap"

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    haste to 1100ish then sp/haste
    If you're doing 25mans then don't listen to this guys advice, haste till your chain heal is at 1 sec cast with totems down and a retridin in the group.

I dunno about you but i don't like gemming for stats that are wasted on 2 of my 3 primary spells

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddleduck
    If you're doing 25mans then don't listen to this guys advice, haste till your chain heal is at 1 sec cast with totems down and a retridin in the group.
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I was recently gearing up my resto shaman alt. I have observed certain breaking points in terms of haste:
    400 - LHW became very flexible and effective
    700 - Chain heal became viable in raiding content
    1000 (with 2pT10) - LHW is super fast, HW with T10 proc is nearly at GCD, CH is spammable

I currently have 2pT9 & T10, which makes Riptide on its own very strong tool to play with. Adding the haste proc from it, it gives hightens even more shaman versatility. This tier set-up will be my choice for 10-man raiding for quite some time as I prefer to maintain ability to be all round healer. Gemming as per Pearroc's guide, eg 12SP/10HS in red, 20haste in yellow, while gunning for socket bonuses with SP/haste.

I will aim for 4pT10 for 25-man raids where the set bonus will be very strong. This is gear set where I will probably gem 20 haste bar the requirement to activate meta.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    "not viable" does not equal "hard cap"
    It's obvious, even for a monkey, failing on outsmarting people with redicilous comments makes you look like one.