Thread: UH Expertise

UH Expertise

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how much expertise i need as a dps uh dk. I have asked all my guildies and I have gotten mixed answers, and every guide i've seen assumes you are already at the cap. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

Re: UH Expertise

Guess you can conclude in the fact that the expertise cap lies at 26 skill or 19 from gear, as you get 5 from Rage of Rivendare(typo?)

EDIT: Rating does not equall skill...sigh..

Expertise is capped at ± 6.5 % (Expertise rating = 26)

Racial orc = Expertise with Fist Weapons, Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 5

Stat iLvl 245/258 iLvl 251/258 iLvl 264 iLvl 277
    Attack Power 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00
    Strength 3.06 3.03 3.03 3.01
    Crit Rating 2.16 1.95 2.10 2.23
    ArP Rating 2.01 2.25 2.49 2.92
    Expertise Rating 1.63 1.72 1.77 1.93
    Haste Rating 1.75 1.93 2.01 2.09
    Agility 1.55 1.36 1.48 1.58
    MeleeHit (<8%) 3.62 3.75 3.92 4.34
    SpellHit (8%-11%) 0.60 0.60 0.62 0.67
    WeaponDPS 6.67 7.21 7.42 7.86
    WeaponSpeed 25.55 26.56 29.41 33.29
    Armor 0.028 0.028 0.028 0.028

As UH you have spare GCDs so EXP is now not as amazing as it used to be - missed a SS? No problem, mash the button again and your rotation is still fine.

Rate it as you would any other stat, referencing the handy point allocation spread the previous poster listed. There is no longer any need to accept a lesser ilvl item to make the cap.

Deleted

Although it's not necessary to be expertise capped (26) it is certainly beneficial as it simply makes the class easier to play. On top of fight mechanics (watch out for the fire!) you don't really want to have to watch out for and react to dodges too. This does increase the value of expertise capping in a way that can't really be simulated (which is where EJ's stat weights come from)

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Although it's not necessary to be expertise capped (26) it is certainly beneficial as it simply makes the class easier to play. On top of fight mechanics (watch out for the fire!) you don't really want to have to watch out for and react to dodges too. This does increase the value of expertise capping in a way that can't really be simulated (which is where EJ's stat weights come from)
    You don't really have to watch for it. I have an addon that makes a tearing noise (kind of like tearing a piece of paper noise >_>) when you get parried or dodged. I think it's fortexorcist that does it, whenever I hear it I know that I need to use the ability again. =)

Spare GCD's are more useful for dealing with lag, evironment, raidleading in my opinion. Getting expertise capped just makes that easier.

The less you have to worry about and the more you can deal with mechanics of the fights, the more likely you'll succeed (think Putricide).

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll
    You don't really have to watch for it. I have an addon that makes a tearing noise (kind of like tearing a piece of paper noise >_>) when you get parried or dodged. I think it's fortexorcist that does it, whenever I hear it I know that I need to use the ability again. =)
    asuming people actually play wow with sound. which sounds like hell to me, i could never do that. been playing without any wow sounds for 3 years now

Quote Originally Posted by zukai
    Hello, I've been trying to figure out how much expertise i need as a dps uh dk. I have asked all my guildies and I have gotten mixed answers, and every guide i've seen assumes you are already at the cap. Thank you

The soft cap for expertise is 26 as stated by someone earlier and the hard cap is 56.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Expertise

check out the link and it explains things well

I believe for everyone(all classes unless you have a talent that increases it. the expertise low end is 26 or 6.5. This is just a example of what it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.