Thread: War Bringer

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

War Bringer

"In the next content patch the current plan is to change Warbringer a bit so that it no longer allows Charge and Intercept to break roots or snares but Intervene would remain unaffected."

Why such a big nerf to pve players? I mean we're already below paladins.

Re: War Bringer

how does it nerf tanking? lol
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

FREYA is still progression and it will hurt my downtime.

you should never need to charge/int out of a root in pve, except for very rare cases, theyre all cleansable. roots, frost nova, even dazes like blast wave can be cleansed. if its that much of an issue get somebody to cleanse you. if you dont have somebody to cleanse you in a 5 man then QQmoar its a 5 man. 5 mans are srsbzns

edit: actually finished my thought after hitting tab on accident >_>

Deleted

Sure, it's a big change to the ability, but if you're rooted in a 5man and need to move, intervene the melee DPS or something.

Deleted

To the ground you go!

warrior tanks bigges asset = mobility - the upcoming nerf(s) take that away gradually which makes us even more inferior compared to other tanking classes.

furthermore i still feel that our survivability is way lower than the paladins for example. somehow i feel that a lower equipped paly can take more hits than i can and all i hear from blizz however is "we don't have enough people crying that prot warriors are worse in tanking" - BECAUSE EVERYBODY REROLLED!
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

It always has been a little questionable that we could remove snares and roots while gaining rage instead of spending it.

This is a reasonable fix, not a slippery slope.

Really, if they want this to be a PVP specific nerf, they should just make it so that using charge while rooted resets the CD on both charge and Intercept, so that you can't break roots twice every cooldown. This would alleviate some of the PVP issues without having any real impact on PVE, as generally intercepting in PVE is not required as a tank.

On my prot warrior, I charge out of snares and roots all the time in PVE. Even in Icecrown Citadel.

If this change goes live, I will drop my prot spec. Warbringer is the only reason I still have a prot warrior. I will just make my offspec Arms and my mainspec Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    On my prot warrior, I charge out of snares and roots all the time in PVE. Even in Icecrown Citadel.

If this change goes live, I will drop my prot spec. Warbringer is the only reason I still have a prot warrior. I will just make my offspec Arms and my mainspec Fury.
    /facepalm

Just shut up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakamoh
    /facepalm

Just shut up please.
    Sorry if you are willing to bend over and say "please fuck me Blizzard" but I am not. The reason to play a prot warrior is mobility. This gets rid of most of our mobility. Ergo, there simply is no reason to have a prot warrior anymore. Blizzard CLEARLY does not want people to play the warrior class. We've been nerfed and nerfed and nerfed even though we aren't even remotely one of the top classes for PVE DPS, for PVE tanking, and for PVP. It's absolutely inane. Guess I can have a geared level 80 bank alt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

At least they didn't extend the cooldown on Charge like Juggernaut does.

I can concur that I take substantially less damage on my paladin tank as on my warrior tank and they both have almost the exact same gear.

QQ blizzard is nerfing something that is so rarely used in PvE it will ruin warriors QQQQQQ.

Why don't you learn to play and just intervene -> charge... wow so hard. Only real use to ever break roots is in 5mans, and even that is such a rare thing... so rare I can only thing of the dragon at the end of nexus that roots , which can be dispelled or just healed through the stacks of debuff.... or intervene -> charge like i said.

In a raid environment it is hardly game breaking, considering you should have someone dispelling you anyway...

Honestly this is a huge hit to PvP which is good (LOLProtRollFace) and nearly none to PvE.

So cry more?

HEY WATCH ME BRING WAR! OH WAIT, I CAN'T CAUSE I'M STUCK IN PLACE AND CAN"T DO SHIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    I'm sorry, but i can't think of any snare in ICC.

..no i'm really trying, but i can't think of one, please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    I'm sorry, but i can't think of any snare in ICC.

..no i'm really trying, but i can't think of one, please help me.
    Trash after Deathwhisper

Spirit alarm? But really, no roots that you can charge out of, and unlike PVP, when you charge a target in pve as a tank, hes not going anywhere, why do you need to break the snare? So its only roots that matter, and there are none in ICC currently, other then green slime putricide, but you cant charge out of that to my knowledge.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn