any1 got shadowfrost shards yet?

just curious if they are dropping at the said 25-50%
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Re: any1 got shadowfrost shards yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai
    just curious if they are dropping at the said 25-50%

hey its a valid question i remember at one point atlas loot had valnyr fragments at like 20 or 25% drop rate
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

has anyone actually killed sindragosa on 25 man yet? , if NO , then NO ONE has ANY shards at all.

hey its a valid question i remember at one point atlas loot had valnyr fragments at like 20 or 25% drop rate
    Once you kill sindragosa you have to turn the quest in. So if you do that I suppose if you killed lich king you'd have a shadowfrost shard.

So, ask all the people who've downed 25-man lich king.

Oh wait, no one has yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus
    has anyone actually killed sindragosa on 25 man yet? , if NO , then NO ONE has ANY shards at all.
    first off why do you feel the need to hold down your caps lock button.

second i just took for granted people had killed her already since it was done easily on the PTR I am just asking a question no need to PMS

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Once you kill sindragosa you have to turn the quest in. So if you do that I suppose if you killed lich king you'd have a shadowfrost shard.

Oh wait, no one has yet.
    so your telling me its impossible to go to the frost wing first? It would seem like a good idea if your person in the guild has the first 2 infusions done already so they can do this one and get shards off of the blood and unholy wings

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

Oh wait, no one has yet.
    There's other bosses than just Sindragosa and Lich King in Icecrown Citadel. Maybe names like Festergut, Rotface, Putricide, Blood Prince Council or Blood Queen rings a bell? You don't have to clear those wings to kill Sindragosa after all.

15+ Year Old Account

so your telling me its impossible to go to the frost wing first? It would seem like a good idea if your person in the guild has the first 2 infusions done already so they can do this one and get shards off of the blood and unholy wings
    While a few top end guilds could probably kill her in their sleep, most middle of the road guilds would be better off getting 4 more tier tokens and some other 264 items before heading to Sindragosa. Being on the receiving end of the shadowfrost shards, I'm all for skipping everything but her and trying to get a few, but in reality, that's a little selfish and it would be better for the raid to grab a few upgrades and make it as painless as possible.

Do some people have one or two already? Probably.

Ouch, served hard Adamson.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Do some people have one or two already? Probably.
    9 guilds have killed her in 25 man according to WoWProgress so ya chances are good someone out there has a couple of shards.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    And @ the others, no, you do not have to kill the Lich King to acquire Shadowmourne, read the quests before talking.
    The only person to have mentioned the LK was Adamson and he was assuming that guilds would knock out the other two wings before clearing the Frostwing Halls which is a perfectly reasonable assumption. Some guilds probably thought ahead and chose to complete that wing first in order for someone to be on the shards portion of the quest though.

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    Jesus effing christ, seriously, everyone here except for OP are acting like complete jerktwats. Give the guy a break, maybe he has been away for a while, maybe he just hasn't read up, what the hell guys. Is this kind of attitude really needed? Acting like idiots towards a person who might not be as well-informed as you are? You people DISGUST me, honestly. Think about what you are writing instead of spewing out complete nonsense, retarded pictures and degrading the OP.

@ OP:

Check the quest chain on wowhead.com;

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=24757

You basically need to kill Professor, Sindragosa & BLQ to start the quest whereas the legendary shards start dropping. They do not drop if no one has the quest unlike Ulduar.

And @ the others, no, you do not have to kill the Lich King to acquire Shadowmourne, read the quests before talking.
    I know all about this quest line my question was just if under the circumstances that someone had done the first 2 infusion quests and their guild had decided the go do sindragosa first to get that quest done and get some shards then i was only asking if the drop rates was the 25-50% stated

my point is more that this forum has a pretty narrow margin. You have to consider that

1) You're posting in a paladin specific forum, not everyone getting shadowmourne are paladins.
    2) You can bet that a portion of the paladins who are receiving shards don't post here or don't read here every day.
    3) What's the point? Sure, someone might have one. But what's the benefit in knowing who's got the first shard? RNG could make it so that less competitive guilds create one before competitive guilds.

I would wager very few people have even one. And that's if they deliberately killed sindragosa first, then killed the other wings. So yes, someone might have 2-3 at most. But as I said what does it matter if Joe Shmoe from across the internetz has a shard?

So basically be as unhelpful to an unhelpful situation as you can? score

15+ Year Old Account

Because shadowfrost shards do drop in 25 man at a 20-5% rate, I would imagine someone out there has some already- In fact, WoWhead has records of 7 drops already.

Needless to say, thread locked to prevent the foreseeable flamewar.