Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Hessie
    Ensidia is a guild just like any other. Should've reported the bug. Ban justified IMO
    They are gods, WoW could only grow this big because of them. If they stop playing WoW, everyone else will also! And we (everyone else) are just scrubs.
    At least if you believe in what they told us the last days... :

Quote Originally Posted by Lastbreath
    The ban thing and removing achievements by mine opinion is stupid. First of all they make the game and they dont test the game we do, do we get payed for the testing no, do we pay for the game yes, we submit the bug the errors we get while we are testing the new stuff and after they put the new stuff on live servers if some1 finds a bug and he benefits on some way from it its exploit lol, i think blizzard fails on this one banning Ensidia...
    exploit - use or manipulate to one's advantage.

They were told to "do that again", it was an admission on Ensidias own website, that as far as I can see is half the proof that they were using a bug they found. to their advantage.

Some people are missing the point. This isn't just about the damage rotation of a rogue, its about the fact they intentionally abused a bug they found. I would imagine the intent is in their own chat logs ingame.

To Ensidia:

I've seen it said that you have no intent to ever release the fraps vid of the "world first" kill that incorporated the Saronite bombs.

I call bullshit. (along with now countless others)

Release it and exonerate yourselves, or continue to refuse to and thereby admit you knew you were exploiting and the vid has proof of such in it.

What you don't say can be and frequently is just as incriminating as what you do say.

I have no sympathy for a guild, no matter how hardcore, how progressed, how "leet" or "pro", that cannot admit guilt to something like this.
    Go ahead and ragequit WoW, nobody cares. Least of all Blizzard.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk
    They are gods, WoW could only grow this big because of them. If they stop playing WoW, everyone else will also! And we (everyone else) are just scrubs.
    At least if you believe in what they told us the last days... :
    They are only Gods in the sense that people treat them as such.

Ensidia exploited a bug because they were drunk with the thought of the World First Arthas kill. They let their greed for glory get in the way of their better judgment, and got slapped with a three-day ban for it. If you don't think that's justified then you're just a Fanboy. If Blizz gave a guild special treatment because they were a World-First-Class guild, the rest of the WoW community would revolt.

Warning: Personal Story. If You Don't Want To Read It, Skip This Paragraph

Back when this year's Brewfest hit and everyone was getting the banhammer from the Coren Direbrew bug, I never once attempted this bug. I only ever killed him the fair way. But one morning i tried to log in and I got the message I had been banned. Turns out some people I had grouped with earlier had gone on to bug it, and because my name was attached to the group, I got banned as well. Took me three days to get a response from my Contest Ban email, and they had the gall to tell me that I had definitely participated in the bug. Took me another week for my second email to be responded to, apologizing for the mistake and the credit of playtime back.

I got the banhammer for something I didn't do. Ensidia did exploit the bug and they didn't report it. Instead of keeping their integrity and their reputation in tact, they got their World First Arthas kill by cheating. All they had to do was open the ticket, have the devs fix it quick, and they could've been heroes. Instead, they went ahead and bugged it and look where it got them. Guess what Fanboys, you're game Gods cheated. Get over it; stop trying to justify what they did.

Grats to Paragon for the REAL World First Arthas Kill!

Kill the Zerg, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of the Protoss!

i dont undestand this ban because:

Guild Ensidia play game World Of Warcraft developed by Blizzard - and we pay for it.
    Ensidia is world top guild - and members must use every possibility in game for defeat bosses and get first kills.
    This game is 100% creation by Blizzard and 0 % creation by Ensidia - why i say is - Blizzard employes programming this bug.

If is possible "get easier" fight through saronite bombs - why players banned for using this? - and if this is forbidden - why this possibility exist in game? I repeat - this is Blizzard game - their creation.

Ensidia just play this encounter - and members not have chance test this encounter on PTR - and how they knew "this is bug" - how they knew that is not usual behavior this encounter?
    If Ensidia dont have chance test this encounter on PTR - how you explain using saronite bombs? You tell that Ensidia buy every item that doing damage in WoW - and test it in real encounter? NO! They just play as usual - and Blizzard give them ban for raiding.

I pay for this game - with real money - and, if i pay, i want bug free game - if WoW is freeware and programmers dont have monthly payment on her bank accounts - i say OK, few bug - but if programmers is employes with lot money from us - no, bugs is not acceptable - i want perfection for my money.

At the end. Blizzard Employes - payed from my money - develope game with errors (bugs) - and Blizzard banned players he used this errors.

This is PURE EVIL - because Blizzard dont immediately repair this bugs - but Blizzard punish players which use Blizzard mistakes - WTF???

So let me get this straight.

1) During LK25, Ensidia noticed that something is bugged with the encounter that is making it easier. They claim they don't know what the source of it is, but whatever it is "keep doing it".

2) LK dies and Ensidia takes credit for a WF on a buggy and dumbed down fight.

3) After they claim their cheap kill, they then take the time to figure out what caused the bug and posted about it before Blizzard releases a statement about the bug.

Does that sound somewhat suspicious to anyone else?

So every time a game mechanic doesnt work the way we think it should work we should stop playing and report it as a bug? I'm a little confused by this. Personally upon throwing a bomb at an invisible platform and having it reappear I would have been like "Cool! Found a secret blizzard put in! Let's try this!".

As Microsoft says "It's a feature, not a bug"

If you truly think it's justified to ban for immediately not stopping play when you suspect that something with the
    game might not have worked right, then you apparently support the banning of probably every player in the game.

As said 14 million times before ..

Now 14 million and 1 ... Something happened in the raid we dont know about and blizzard and Ensidia wont talk about it..

Deleted

If you don´t see a difference between what Exodus did and this, I can´t help you, sorry -.-

Also everyone acts like it is highly unusual that players "play through bugs". Often you don´t even have a choice. Anub'arak was bugged since day one and still is. Does ANYONE (especially Blizzard) care? No. Other world-class guilds post videos of their first kills with clear exploits (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=135627)...does anyone care? No. There are so many bugs an glitches in the game, especially regarding new PvE bosses, nobody could actually try them because they could get banned.

Why not simply let them do it again without the bug? Why?

Reminds Me of Super Mario on Nintendo. In World 1-2 near the end of the level, you could jump to a glitched brick which enabled you to jump to the very top of the screen run across and discover the secret portals. I wonder if that was a ban able offense since you probably had to actually make the jump to the very top without the glitch, either way don't see how it should take away from the super sweet portal achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by okiewowaddict
    If you truly think it's justified to ban for immediately not stopping play when you suspect that something with the
    game might not have worked right, then you apparently support the banning of probably every player in the game.
    We're not talking about someone on a leisurely guild progression, trying to eventually make their way into ICC.

We're talking about Ensidia, a Super High End Raiding Guild with World First Potential. If anything, they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. There was a bug. They didn't report it. Instead they exploited it, and got the swift banhammer because they of ALL people should know when to graciously bow out and say, "Something we did fuxxed the encounter. Please fix it so that we can keep trying to earn our World First Arthas Kill fair and square."

Kill the Zerg, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of the Protoss!

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de
    If you don´t see a difference between what Exodus did and this, I can´t help you, sorry -.-

Also everyone acts like it is highly unusual that players "play through bugs". Often you don´t even have a choice. Anub'arak was bugged since day one and still is. Does ANYONE (especially Blizzard) care? No. Other world-class guilds post videos of their first kills with clear exploits (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=135627)...does anyone care? No. There are so many bugs an glitches in the game, especially regarding new PvE bosses, nobody could actually try them because they could get banned.

Why not simply let them do it again without the bug? Why?
    Care to explain why? In both cases, both guilds intentionally used an exploit they discovered to avoid the difficulty of a major phase in their respective fights.

10+ Year Old Account

If theres a bug/glitch don't let it go live, Blizzard's fault NOT ensidias, absolutley retarded.

So every time a game mechanic doesnt work the way we think it should work we should stop playing and report it as a bug? I'm a little confused by this. Personally upon throwing a bomb at an invisible platform and having it reappear I would have been like "Cool! Found a secret blizzard put in! Let's try this!".

When you're playing at the level these Guilds are playing at, you become somewhat of a responsible figure to the Raiding community. Similar to a Celebrity, the World has higher expectations of you, being that you're a role model to some (in one form or another).

Thousands and thousands of men cheat on their Wives every day. Do they lose their Jobs because it ended up being on the news, Time Magazine and every newspaper across the World?

If the actions of Ensidia, or any other Guild that's been caught exploiting a mechanic, were to be brushed aside as merely a "cheap shot", it'd be telling the people who idolize these Guilds it's okay to do it.

That's just the way it goes.

If you continue a fight knowing there is a bug then you are guilty as charged.

GUYS you think if I defend Ensidia too they will invite me to their guild? I hope so!

Ensidia will not give a video:

---------

poptisse on Thursday, February 4, 2010 23:09message

I honestly don't think anyone frapsed, atleast the question was asked earlier today in our private IRC channel and as far as I could see noone responded. The lack of fraps is probably because everyone is suffering some pretty insane fps lags inside ICC, especially on fights with a lot of AOE damage or on platforms outdoors (with high viewdistance it really rapes your fps). Applying fraps on top of that, unless you have a monstercomputer it's not worth doing when its such an important encounter, considering it will be almost unplayable. I consider my computer to be pretty average for gaming and I turned on fraps ONCE in ICC during one of our earlier putricide kills and my fps then was around 5-10. In earlier instances such as Ulduar and ToC, I could easily fraps and stick around 20 fps. Icecrown Citadel just has way more spelldetails, enviroment details and all that crap, and unless you want to play with minimal settings (which I think really ruins the entire experience) most people just don't give a fuck about fraps, atleast not in Ensidia. Not every guild needs a killmovie to be released 20 mins after their kill to boost their E-peens and leak all tactics possible, while risking a possible death or bad performance due to lagging like a rabbit on crack. That's why there aren't any fraps from the kill; simply because noone frapsed.

---------

Other guilds like Blood Legion and Paragon must have godly computers compare to Ensidia

According to your logic, exodus did nothing wrong, they just benefited from Blizzards mistake. They can say "Cool, I can get the Gaurdians to aggro me while i'm in the brain and not take damage".

Well yeah... it's true... you do need a monster computer to record with FRAPS, especially in a 25 man raid.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by 1BVNFZMsJ5
    This game is 100% creation by Blizzard and 0 % creation by Ensidia - why i say is - Blizzard employes programming this bug.
    If I shoot someone with a gun, is it the gun makers fault or mine?