Mage at 47, unsure what spec and rotation I should use.

Hello,

currently I'm a 47 gnome frostmage (Chillysquee, Kul Tiras EU (at work so can't link armory)) and was wondering what a good level spec and rotation is. I have been trying Fingers of Frost, and it seems to proc at the same time as the freeze from chill effects, rendering it rather useless.
    Also, with my tailoring and enchanting (both 300) what would be good gear/enchants right now?

And lastly, stats:

Int > rest according to my servers trade chat, but I would prefer some input of people who actually know their stuff

Deleted

Re: Mage at 47, unsure what spec and rotation I should use.

whenever i leveled a caster class i always stacked spell power above anything. high crits are fun

10+ Year Old Account

What the fuck - you're like level 50 and ask for a "rotation"? What did you learn the past 47 levels?
    Don't even THINK about a rotation until you hit 70 or 80. It doesn't make any sense.

Further:
    Spellpower > Int / Crit > Stam

Spellpower is always #1 and Crit is fun and helpful.

Frost is a very good grinding and levelling spec asides from being a perfect PvP spec.
    Stick with frost and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    What the fuck - you're like level 50 and ask for a "rotation"? What did you learn the past 47 levels?
    What the fuck I learned (nice language though, calm down, it's monday, take a deep breath)

1.) Spamming Blizzard until evoc is ready is enough to get through any instance easily.
    2.) Single target, FB->FB->FB->CoC->FB->(Dead)->(If not or 2 or 3)-> FN -> Ice Barrier -> FB -> FB -> repeat until dead

I was just wondering if that was my whole rotation until I get somewhere higher.

And yes I ask for a bloody rotation since I want to keep improivng and keep getting better, so at least I won't be another slacker in heroic X or Y, and can actually do some dps without knowing anything about a rotation.

Deleted

as posted above, always try to get as much spellpower as possible. in later levels you might want to get some int/willpower as well to increase mp5 with magic armor(thats my personal preference at least, i hate it to ever make a break while leveling)

until you get ice lance, there isnt much you can do.
    as soon as you get it, use it whenever the enemy is frozen as the "third crit" when talentproc'd or as second crit after a frostbolt when frostnova-frozen.
    (with frostnova glyph you can usually even deal one frostboltcrit without the frostnova breaking with lower spellpower)
    thats all you can do^^