Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lovely Charms - where to get them easily.

Didnt know where to post this, so i made it here, sorry if the location is wrong.

Hi,
    I made this post in effort to make others save their nerves due to a lot of ganking and frustration caused by other players. Since the start of the valentines day event, people have been farming the Lovely Charms at the clown spawn place in crystalsong. I have come to reallize that this is the absolute worst spot to do so.

Reasons why:
    - people come to do the quest here
    - lots of gankers
    - lots of other people farming the bracelets, so theres a lot of competition
    - low droprate ( i came to deduce that the droprate is ~10% per kill)

WHERE TO FARM THEM INSTEAD:
    Go to Sholazar Basin, to the frenzy heart village at the south side of it, near the sea. There is that village that is constantly fighting the frog people, and there is a training ring. This training ring consists of ~20 frenzyhearts, that can be all killed easily.
    Reasons to farm there:
    - less people there
    - lots of the mobs allready close together
    - HIGH DROPCHANCE (the dropchance is ~50% there)
    - rather fast respawns(the ring with the ~20 frenzies respawns in roughly 30 sec)

Hope this helps. I got killed by gankers at the clown place so long till i got frustrated enough i wanted to actually hurt someone.

edit. - fail spelling

Re: Lovely Charms - where to get them easily.

If you're able to take the hits and/or heal yourself, there are a few of good places in Icecrown as well.

The Broken Front (on the mobs you usually use the Abomination to explode), and The Bombardment (mobs you kill with the tank in the Lich King / ghost boy quest line).
    I picked up close to 300 charms in an hour at The Broken Front as a Blood DPS DK.

Lots of mobs, very fast respawns, but they do hit harder than the Frenzyheart packs.

Ulduar

kill dwarfs

Quote Originally Posted by Waww
    Ulduar

kill dwarfs
    If this works, I love you.

Especially since i won't have to compete with others like the others you do now.

Ulduar

kill dwarfs
    This, farmed hundreds of them in 20 minutes!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha
    WHERE TO FARM THEM INSTEAD:
    Go to Sholazar Basin, to the frenzy heart village at the south side of it, near the sea. There is that village that is constantly fighting the frog people, and there is a training ring. This training ring consists of ~20 frenzyhearts, that can be all killed easily.
    Reasons to farm there:
    - less people there
    - lots of the mobs allready close together
    - HIGH DROPCHANCE (the dropchance is ~50% there)
    - rather fast respawns(the ring with the ~20 frenzies respawns in roughly 30 sec)
    I went there and AoE-farmed for about half an hour, suddenly I got disconnected, and when I logged back in, I killed them for about 2 minutes but didn't get a single token.. So I think they might have hotfixed it just now :/
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Any aoe bombing run where you kill fuck tonnes of mobs, farmed 4x 20 bags with the shatter point one on my warlock.

also you only need 40 (charms, not bracelets) to do the 4xdaily where you hand them to the king. But 1 bracelet ='s 1 love token (the currency for all items for achievements).

Deleted

Anyone know if the ulduar drops and frenzies have been hotfixed?

EDIT - just tested the frenzies, they still drop a large amount of the goodness.
    yet to test the ulduar drops though, since im saved from weekly

Deleted

Doing Ulduar now, still seems to work. First tried to do it on foot, then saw that vehicles also count.

Tip: If you're 2, get a demolisher and have someone spam anti-air rockets on the ground. Those dwarves drop like flies.

Currently grinding Risen Zombies in CoT: Stratholme. A bit slow respawn, but gives me some time to do some homework

Deleted

Do the [Battle before the Citadel] Quest, trample skeletons and get them for each trampled skellie! Easy mode farming!

As of today (7 feb) the ulduar dwarf farm still works.
    I can really recommend this, nobody to steal your mobs and even if you do it alone you will have hundreds of them in no time.

can you get them from pvp

ok by the argent tournyment the cultest area you get like 1 per 2-3 kills

Quote Originally Posted by Emy
    Do the [Battle before the Citadel] Quest, trample skeletons and get them for each trampled skellie! Easy mode farming!
    This

Absolutely insane farming

Big kvaldir boat just north from argent tournament grounds. Instant respawn, zero aggro range and about 50% drop chance of the charms.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account

Ulduar

kill dwarfs
    This

Got over 400 charms under 30 min
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

15+ Year Old Account

Do I need to have a skinning knife, mining pick or whatever to be able to loot the charms? Because I get 0 and I have the kit. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse
    Do I need to have a skinning knife, mining pick or whatever to be able to loot the charms? Because I get 0 and I have the kit. :/
    No you do not, just the box.
    Are you killing grey mobs?
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.