Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: New "Flying Mount" for Mages in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Sauveur
    I mean seriously, is it really this hard to just add COOL stuff to the game?
    You mean BT and the hunt on Arthas weren't cool? I sir rofl'ed.

OT, 'AMG that guy has a class bound mount! I WANT ONEZ ASWULL!!11!!!1!' No. Just. No.
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Deleted

as far as i know, there's an app for that.

at least thats what i read on some apple site

mages have food and water and port ....
    rogue lock picking and pick pocket...
    hunters aspect and tame all different pets and trackings...

can go on with the other classes for there fun little things but 1

what do warriors have ??? think its time for warriors not mages lol

I wouldn't mind this for mages simply because I wouldn't care if it weren't for one very important reason, I don't think I could handle all the people who would turn their mages into Dragon Ball Z references. Flying around, teleporting, using energy attacks blood elf mages named SSJGoku over 9000 references, the list is endless.

With worgens coming we will have enough twilight references to start a profitable tampon business we don't need anymore dead horses in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    something like
    who wouldn't like a gnome as mount?

Mod: Don't quote images.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I remember I was a druid hunter,

Quote Originally Posted by Marique
    druids get a mount and a speed boost, they must be nerfed to the ground.
    Wat mount ?
    And every1 Haves speed boosts.

Paladins are crusaders of the light, always in the heat of the battle and required steeds capable of taking them where they had to go in the name of the light (sort of).

Warlocks are nasty evil buggers, they had to summon a steed from the pits of hell since no normal horse would stay near a warlock long enough for them beeing able to get on it.

These mounts wasnt handed to you without effort back in vanilla. The quest chain wasnt something you could do on your own, and at first it was actually quite annoying to do it. I hated when blizzard changed it so they got it for nothing but a small sum of money.

My paladin has the feat of strength for completing the quest chain for his epic mount. /proud

Deathknights... well... Arthas had to give them something in return for stabbing them in the back so he figured hey ill give them these nightmare steeds and maybe they will overlook me betraying their sorry asses. (or rather it was a perk of beeing the first "hero" class of the game)

If mages should get a mount of their own. Let it be a black sheep and when you are airborne they leave a small glimmering trail of cottonballs after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhd
    Give warriors some mount that shoots spears and shit to every direction and theyre happy
    Give rogues some mount that can stealth and theyre happy
    Give mages a fucking broomsticks and theyre happy
    Give priests some fucking awesome holy horse that pees lightwells and theyre happy
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are lame and theyre happy
    Give hunters ablity to mount their pets and theyre happy
    and stop making these fucking lame topics and im happy.
    I see what you did there
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

I have a great idea...give mages an 'i don't die 5 seconds into a fight' ability :P
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    The fact that this thread exists makes me want to strap Dynamite to puppies and chuck them through orphanage windows.

15+ Year Old Account

Medivh used gryphons to travel... If the guardian had to use mounts for most of his travels I'm pretty sure the avg joe mage needs to use a damn mount... O and khadgar used gryphons as well... just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LDG
    I have a great idea...give mages an 'i don't die 5 seconds into a fight' ability :P
    We already have this - Iceblock lasts 10 sec!

| Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Deleted

Gief flying without mount in combat, I wanna be like Lord Voldemort!

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow
    I'm not exactly sure if i should put this in Cataclysm forums or in here but here we go:

There is a class that has class-specific portals . Now i believe it is the time for Warlocks. As you can see in many fantasy universes shown in books,movies,comics etc, powerful Warlocks can rip open dark portals by the use of their magic. Since we will be level 85 and are "heroes" who have defeated many evil -including the Lich King- i think we have that kind of power. So,here is my suggestion : Let warlocks have a spell allowing them to teleport to cities without riding a mount, give it a cool name, some dark shadow fx and "demonic rip in reality" animation(To make it not look like we are not using mage portals.).

I think this is not so hard to implement,in no way is overpowered and could make a lot of people happy.Only problem i see could emerge is the QQ of other classes for us having a really cool thing.

(And don't think it in a wrong way,it'll only be like a portal,we won't be able to fight or do anything we can't do taking a mage portal,it won't be usable in combat either. It will only be casted and supa-cool.)

Hmm, interesting note.

Before i say something, i must say, i am a mage also.
    However, i think every mage would agree, that teleport's should be given to all classes. So i don't get spammed to make portal's every few min.

As for Class specific mounts. I think every class should have it. And the reason Blizzard is not giving it to every class is, or lack of creativity (witch i don't think is), or they are afraid that no1 would use other mounts.
    But i don't think it would be the case.

So... Give class specific mount to all classes. And even more important, give Teleport to all classes plz.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Quote Originally Posted by xnub
    mages have food and water and port ....
    rogue lock picking and pick pocket...
    hunters aspect and tame all different pets and trackings...

can go on with the other classes for there fun little things but 1

what do warriors have ??? think its time for warriors not mages lol
    Im with you where is the warriors cool stuff huh?!?!?!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne
    Im with you where is the warriors cool stuff huh?!?!?!
    it's called double healer-prot 3s.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted
    You actually got balls to compare dispellable travel form with cast time without talents, Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack and Sprint to class specifi mounts and portals? Just fuck me. I want the same stuff you are smoking. Don't get me wrong. I'm all against mages getting so called "supa-cool" looking flying spell.

If asked from me that would look just freaking stupid. Only arguments you got to throw in are that we will be lvl 85, "we have defeated many evil" and some other fantasy universe mages can fly? I also know many fantasy worlds where there is little to none magic present. Does that mean mages should be removed from WoW because fantasy world XXXXX doesnt have them in present?

Oh and if it didn't come clear yet I despise your idea and that's purely thanks to one word. Supa-cool. It just makes me see red.
    Damn I have never seen some nerd rage so hard over a little word before. This is a first.
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Bobyboucher
    Medivh used gryphons to travel... If the guardian had to use mounts for most of his travels I'm pretty sure the avg joe mage needs to use a damn mount... O and khadgar used gryphons as well... just food for thought.
    I like your point, but don't say that out loud cause we all know how Blizzard likes to "modify" lore lol.

Also, This is a terrible idea. Go do Kaelthas in either of his two encounters (lol tempestkestwasmerelyasetback). Flying (swimming) through the air really fast isn't that great.

I think they should give Enchanters a super expensive Enchant that allows you to enchant your/others armor to be able to fly... seems fair right.

Everyone gets to see the awesome artsy-fartsy graphic art and be able to fly

something like this ?