Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: New "Flying Mount" for Mages in Cataclysm

meh, give it a 1.5s cast time, make you fall down when damaged, and make you unable to cast spells while flying and i wouldent mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adhd
    Give warriors some mount that shoots spears and shit to every direction and theyre happy
    Give rogues some mount that can stealth and theyre happy
    Give mages a fucking broomsticks and theyre happy
    Give priests some fucking awesome holy horse that pees lightwells and theyre happy
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are lame and theyre happy
    Give hunters ablity to mount their pets and theyre happy
    and stop making these fucking lame topics and im happy.
    Get the fuck out and im happy.
    Classic WoW.

15+ Year Old Account

It's a fucking animation, flying mounts for the most part fly at the same speed. Mages have portals which is a huge advantage over anything anyone else has.
    You make me smile with my heart.

15+ Year Old Account

unless you're a night elf druid and you can shadowmeld + flightform like a ....... sigh..... i hate druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tau
    Wow,the flaming ... it is just too much. I guess our dearest warlock fellas were just not happy enough to only set things ablaze in game but want to flame in forums too,nice. Anyways, i'm not saying "Give us mage mount because warlocks have them lolol.". I just had an idea that could be cool and interesting and wanted to share. But of course how could i know the existence of warlocks that are hiding in mage forums just to appear when there is a thread wanting something nice for mages. I really can't understand you,or your hate for mages. Yes,you heard me right ! You are only doing this out of hate and even though the reason of my desire is not the thought: "You have mounts, so must we", you make it look like that by calling this a QQ, and try to justify your flaming and trolling.

Way to go.

PS: Constructive criticism wanted !
    Please name me 2 books or films which involve mages flying without the use of teleporting, transforming or using a mount? You have frigging portals? I'm a Paladin, I have to pay 5g a fucking portal to a mage to use them... Wanna swap? It's a mount!!!!! I have others, I never use my ground paladin charger!

15+ Year Old Account

i believe this is what OP wants in cataclysm

If they did give mages a flying ability then i would re-roll human and have yellow spiked hair
    http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...n101/Zival.jpg
    Your signature is in violation of the signature guidelines, and has been corrected.

Give mages a fucking broomsticks and theyre happy
    Give priests some fucking awesome holy horse that pees lightwells and theyre happy
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are lame and theyre happy
    Actually we'd rather not be reminded of lightwell - couldn't it fire prayers of mending out of it's ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Taan
    i believe this is what OP wants in cataclysm

Needs more sparkles.
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by spaace
    unless you're a night elf druid and you can shadowmeld + flightform like a ....... sigh..... i hate druids.
    I like when they do this because I have a 310 so i just go catch them and then they have earned themselves a teabag.

15+ Year Old Account

doesn't flight form scale with their mount level now? like if you have a 310% mount, flight form goes 310%?
    BfA Beta Time

wtf is this, city of heroes? Fine, if mages get to fly like that, I wan't my rogue to be able to teleport in between shadows endlessly to get where im going, to have a talent that when I suffer a hit that would normally kill me, instead you see a puff of smoke and a wood block being sliced in half while im teleported and stealthed 20 yards away... and a rapid fire throwin weapon move on a CD...

dude.. not even harry potter can fly, and he's like.. the best wizard/mage ever.. srsly... for real.... i mean it. harry frickin potter.

i still think that all classes should have class specific mounts. there is no reason not to.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shogo238
    wtf is this, city of heroes? Fine, if mages get to fly like that, I wan't my rogue to be able to teleport in between shadows endlessly to get where im going, to have a talent that when I suffer a hit that would normally kill me, instead you see a puff of smoke and a wood block being sliced in half while im teleported and stealthed 20 yards away... and a rapid fire throwin weapon move on a CD...

dude.. not even harry potter can fly, and he's like.. the best wizard/mage ever.. srsly... for real.... i mean it. harry frickin potter.
    Voldemort can fly.

I'm not exactly sure if i should put this in Cataclysm forums or in here but here we go:

There are a few classes that have class-specific mounts (paladins,warlocks and death knights). Now i believe it is the time for Mages. As you can see in many fantasy universes shown in books,movies,comics etc, powerful Mages can fly by the use of their magic. Since we will be level 85 and are "heroes" who have defeated many evil -including the Lich King- i think we have that kind of power. So,here is my suggestion : Let mages have a spell allowing them to fly without riding a mount, give it a cool name, some arcaneish glowing fx and "flying without a mount" animation(To make it not look like we are swimming in the air.).

I think this is not so hard to implement,in no way is overpowered and could make a lot of people happy.Only problem i see could emerge is the QQ of other classes for us having a really cool thing.

(And don't think it in a wrong way,it'll only be like a mount,we won't be able to fight or do anything we can't do on a mount,it won't be usable in combat either. It will only be instant and supa-cool.)

Edit: Changed a typo.
    I thought about this once too, and then I realized if we gave all classes their own mounts, we would eventually need to let all classes lock pick, pick pocket, port people to cities, use summoning stones, conjure food and water, have different forms for each spec, bubble, and use heroism.

I think each class has it's own balance of what makes it unique. Classes with their own mounts have that going for them.

But the final reason I don't agree with allowing all classes their own mount is that no one is stopping you from playing any of the other classes. If you were only able to play one class. Then yes, I would say let everyone have their own mounts.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    I've blown up punk ass dragons before...I'll do it again.

I think this is not so hard to implement,in no way is overpowered and could make a lot of people happy.Only problem i see could emerge is the QQ of other classes for us having a really cool thing.
    What a new and interesting reason for people to cry!
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Deleted

IMO aswell every class should get own flying and land mounts, like DK's have, pallies and locks have their land mount.
    oh and hunters would get 2 "empty slots" separated from other mount slots, they can tame 1 land mount and 1 fly mount, and those slots get filled. ofc they can always remove them

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LoLNooB
    Sorry allow me to say this ,, Ur idea sucks.
    There is no mage at all in any universe, story etc... that can fly

say hello to:
    BfA Beta Time

Uhm, flying in the air ? Sounds stupid, make a flying carpet with tailoring.

Give hunters ablity to mount their pets and theyre happy
    and stop making these fucking lame topics and im happy.
    Nuff said