Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Engineering for PvE

How bad / good is it? I am thinking of picking it up since I am gonna start to do arena. I saw that Aryu in Ensidia have Engineering too. I don't think he would pick it if it was as terrible as everyone says ???

Re: Engineering for PvE

Quote Originally Posted by qei
    How bad / good is it? I am thinking of picking it up since I am gonna start to do arena. I saw that Aryu in Ensidia have Engineering too. I don't think he would pick it if it was as terrible as everyone says ???
    what class spec are you??
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

my bad didnt read the forum guide...

i'd go for it... i like it on my hunter... the haste to gloves and the crit trinket for an extra 2-3k dmg (granted i dont have a better one yet)

plus its overall fun
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Deleted

I got rocket instead of haste on my SV Hunter. Also, the rocket boots saved me zillions of this, and even though its no dps increase it helped so many fights (kiting anub longer, last-second safe on a fuckup of someone else @ festergut spores, being faster with mutation on rotface, kiting putricide adds, tanking keleseth/getting orbs at prince, being faster with traps at saurfang, more dps time on marrowgar, etc, etc, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    I got rocket instead of haste on my SV Hunter. Also, the rocket boots saved me zillions of this, and even though its no dps increase it helped so many fights (kiting anub longer, last-second safe on a fuckup of someone else @ festergut spores, being faster with mutation on rotface, kiting putricide adds, tanking keleseth/getting orbs at prince, being faster with traps at saurfang, more dps time on marrowgar, etc, etc, etc)
    i had the rocket but i found the haste to be better for keeping my SS nice with the imp Hawk 5/5 from BM

Actually, you can count it as a increase, its a 24 Crit buff. You only lose hit off icewalker. Not sure off of cats swiftness

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I have it on my DK. Very nice to pull off right before gryphon do add a little more firepower. It's an average of 68 haste on gloves so if you look at a stat chart you will see its still quite a lot stronger than 44 atp enchant.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

In the end, you're not going to take engineering for PVE. You're going to be an engineer because you want to.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Manwoman
    I have it on my DK. Very nice to pull off right before gryphon do add a little more firepower. It's an average of 68 haste on gloves so if you look at a stat chart you will see its still quite a lot stronger than 44 atp enchant.
    It's in the mage forum, I'm a mage

I heard you get banned for engineering. hurr durr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Soaringbiscuit
    In the end, you're not going to take engineering for PVE. You're going to be an engineer because you want to.
    Duh =D Parachutekilling players midair wins +100dps from JC.

Deleted

Probably, but seeing Mek in Ensidia having Engineering on both of hes Elemental Shammys and one of the main mages having it too made me wonder.

For the record, I was only stalking armory today because of the ICC HM race, and I am not the fanboi that faps at their armories that you probably think I am :

In the year i've had engineering, I've become an absolute master and I love it. I know how to get infinitely long parachute cloak duration, get at least 30 more meters out of rocket boosts, and I parachutekill players without any effort at all. God, it's like the greatest thing in any game....ever! ;D
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Deleted

In the year i've had engineering, I've become an absolute master and I love it. I know how to get infinitely long parachute cloak duration, get at least 30 more meters out of rocket boosts, and I parachutekill players without any effort at all. God, it's like the greatest thing in any game....ever! ;D
    Yea, just make a macro with a few cloaks in your inventory for infinite. However, how do you get 30 METERS extra? Jumping gives like 2 more.. but 30 O_O?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I heard mages scale well with haste. You just have to check at the stat comparison charts at Elitist Jerks
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

You do know mage's have a spell called slow fall, right?

I raid as an elem sham, so from a caster standpoint Engineering certainly has its applications. Someone posted a comparison (can't recall when or where, I'm afraid) but basically laid out all professions and compared their PvE boosts. The short answer is that Blizz made ever profession viable and competitively so. There are min-max theorycrafters that can tell you the best combo for every class/spec, but basically no profession is going to be worthless.

With that said, I believe the Hyperspeed Accelerators are the best glove enchant for caster dps (PvE).
    I use the Hand-Mounted Pyro Rockets for PvP burst (and they are just freaking cool).
    I use the rocket boots for PvP and Tuskar's Vitality for PvE (+15stam and run speed increase). As a mage with blink, I don't think the rocket boots will be as important for PvE - but do what you like more.

Also, don't forget that the Springy Arachnoweave (parachute for cloak) has +27 spell power as well.

Cataclysm concepts for your enjoyment:
    T11 shoulders || Shadow Hunter Hero Class

dont forget spamming saronite bombs on every cooldown (it's off global also)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Eboreus
    dont forget spamming saronite bombs on every cooldown (it's off global also)
    i herd tat gets u banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    You do know mage's have a spell called slow fall, right?
    I'm a Hunter.

i herd tat gets u banned.

I'm a Hunter.
    THEN WUT U DOIN POSTIN BOUT ENGINEERIN FOR PVE IN MAGE THREAD.