Good 5/10 man tank spec

My Dk is part of a strict 10 man only guild and i am wondering what a good 5/10 man tank spec would be for him. I used to run as 2 hand blood and 2 hand frost but it's been a while since i've tanked and these days i am having a lot of trouble holding agro in groups (esp 5 mans)

I have heard good things about DW Frost with 2 slow dps 1 handers. Is it viable in 10 mans in terms survivability?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Good 5/10 man tank spec

It is. Also check the tanking sticky, please.

yes, it certainly is viable

also what is your current spec if you have problems holding agro? i'm guessing it'll be blood which isnt as good on trash mob pulls/heroics as frost dualwielding
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

DW slow/slow frost is damned good for tanking 5-mans, especially when using a 1-disease rotation with the HB glyph to pop the Ice disease on (see tankspot.com for a really interesting and in-depth guide around that). The reason for the 1-disease rotation is simply that stuff dies too fast in hcs these days, and you don't have time to build up 2 diseases and keep threat generally (you certainly can't trust a DPS to hold back in a 5-man :P ). In terms of snap aggro rotation, I go with HB, BB, BB, OB whilst tabbing around to spread my rune strikes. For bosses (assuming no adds), just go with a normal 2 disease rotation (IT,PS,OB,BS,BS) and you'll be A-OK.

For 10-mans, survivability is fine (my crappy tank, see sig, has tanked Sarth10, ToC10 and solo tanked the ICC10 trash for rep in a pug without issues). The only thing I might suggest is a change of glyph from HB if you're doing raids regularly...

Jeb

15+ Year Old Account

As someone already said: please check the sticky.
    /locked.