Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto sham needs advice

I've been thinking alot on ICC and resto shams, and i wonder what spells my fellow shamans use on the different fights.
    Purely CH spam? Riptide + LWH? Do you raidheal or heal tanks?
    On most fights i target the melee and tanks with CH, but im curious to see what others do as im the only resto sham in my guild.

Also id like your opinions on my gear and stats.

Heres my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&cn=Kanya

I feel pretty ok with my haste, but im wondering if i should go for crit or mp5 and if possible, what the "must have" items are in ICC.
    Im aiming towards the neck from saurfang and Althor's Abacus, both from 25 man.

Any input would be great!
    http://zinistra.deviantart.com/

Re: Resto sham needs advice

Honestly, it depends on whether you're talking about 25 man or 10 man ICC. I use the new badge totem, so it helps to use riptide whenever it is up (+85 sp per stack up to 3 stacks), whichever raid you are speaking up.

You're right about your haste. You are very near the hard cap. If you find that the proc from the AV ring is often enough, you may even consider backing off on 1 or 2 haste gems. I guess my recommendation is that you start going for +Int again. The additional Int can keep you from having to go for mp5 and with the additional Int automatically comes some crit.

Im doing mostly 25 man. About the riptide totem, im worried to get that because i dont use it often enough. Im using it more now cause of the 2 t10 set bonus but before that i just didnt think it was worth it. And when i lose the 2 t9 set it will heal for even less :/

The proc from the AV ring is spellpower, not haste, so im not sure i get what you mean.
    Should i start gemming for Int?

Shit, ur right about the AV ring. It's the totem that procs. Geez, i have so many proc items / talents they get all lost. LOL. Yes, I have started gemming Int again.

Check my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Rashataur

I continue to use the old Darkmoon Card because of the amazing Int (which also gives crit). I never go for mp5 gear as a first choice. I want sp/haste/crit. The beauty of Int/Crit is that there is no cap.

As far as 25 mans, I usually end up healing the melee (so Chain Heal). But if a fight requires a lot of movement and I know raiders are going to be spread around the room (Marrowgar during Bone Storm, Deathwhisper adds), I use the arena LHW totem in those instances. Otherwise, I use the badge totem.

Also iv been thinking, at 2000+ int the spellpower +2% int meta shows as better then the int + mana returned one, any thoughts on that?

Oh and i... had something else i wanted to ask but i forgot.. gg brain -.-

Thanks for the help though!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rashataur
    Honestly, it depends on whether you're talking about 25 man or 10 man ICC. I use the new badge totem, so it helps to use riptide whenever it is up (+85 sp per stack up to 3 stacks), whichever raid you are speaking up.

You're right about your haste. You are very near the hard cap. If you find that the proc from the AV ring is often enough, you may even consider backing off on 1 or 2 haste gems. I guess my recommendation is that you start going for +Int again. The additional Int can keep you from having to go for mp5 and with the additional Int automatically comes some crit.
    He is no where near the hard cap. Its impossable to get hardcap.
    He is also not near soft cap (1269). Its always worth getting to that number first before going for any other stats.
    Also why do you want to stack int? You shouldn't be going oom on any wotlk encounters so far.

Deleted

Just a note, the hard cap for haste is pretty much unreachable. 1269 caps GCD but higher will still help both HW and CH and it to a lesser extent LHW. I'm not sure what item you're talking about that procs haste given neither the ring or the relics proc it (unless you're using the Flame Shock 1 which seems silly given lack of hit etc) but it's not something I'd worry about.

Regarding the 2% int meta being better with 2000+ int, how close are you to 2000 int? Even with full raid buffs I'm not sure you'll be that close to it unless you stack int gems and at that point I'd question why you'd need all that mana unless you're solely MT healing perhaps.

I didnt say i was close to 2000 int, but according to some site, (cant remember which one) when you have more then 32k mana the other meta gem pulls ahead of the insightful one. I was wondering what your input on that is, not claiming it is better.

Edit: I just noticed you asked how close i was to 2k int, i thought you wrote something else. Totally unbuffed im on 1500, but in raids i have 31k mana.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zinistra
    I didnt say i was close to 2000 int, but according to some site, (cant remember which one) when you have more then 32k mana the other meta gem pulls ahead of the insightful one. I was wondering what your input on that is, not claiming it is better.

Edit: I just noticed you asked how close i was to 2k int, i thought you wrote something else. Totally unbuffed im on 1500, but in raids i have 31k mana.
    You sure its 32k? I thought it was higher then that. Anyways if you that much mana you would want to be looking to get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41376
    As I assume you have no problems ever going oom.
    Still gemming full int or stacking it will be a waste compared to the other stats you could use, unless you find yourself going oom.

My best advise to you regarding gear and stats is the gem and enchant on your boots. You should ALWAYS go with Tuskarr's Vitality enchant on boots. Sooo many movement intense fights, and 7mp5 is like 3000 mana over a 10 minute fight...not worth it at all, especially because mana isn't an issue at your gear level. I just changed the +128 intelect trinket for at spellpower trinket and haven't even noticed the 2K mana i lost...

And please change that rare gem to an epic one - a shame in 245 boots :P

Other than that you seem to be well balanced on the stats with a decent amount of haste and spellpower. A little low on the mana regen maybe but your sitting on almost 27K mana pool so not an issue I guess :P

Edit: Ohh, and the Glyph of Water Mastery shoul be changed to Glyph of Earth Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa
    7mp5 is like 3000 mana over a 10 minute fight
    Uhh, isn't it 840 mana?
    10 minutes = 600 seconds, in 700 seconds you would gain 7 mana every 5 seconds, that's 120 times.
    120 x 7 = 840, or am I doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa
    Edit: Ohh, and the Glyph of Water Mastery shoul be changed to Glyph of Earth Shield
    Indeed

Tbh it depends on the fight.
    On marrow CH spam i never go oom.
    On festergut, CH until the second inhale, after that Riptide + LHW on the tank and my mana starts to go low.

I dont know if its because of the lack of crit or mp5, or if im just unlucky.

As for the boots, i used that enchant cause i had more mana problems back when i got them, and i was cheap when i bought the gem :P

I'm casting LHW for 0.9 (sometimes) to 1.05. And my haste is only 843. I thought anything below 1.0 is waste? Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    Uhh, isn't it 840 mana?
    10 minutes = 600 seconds, in 700 seconds you would gain 7 mana every 5 seconds, that's 120 times.
    120 x 7 = 840, or am I doing it wrong?

Yes ofc it is, dunno how the f*** I got to 3K - anyways, makes it even more useless

CH spamming when standing still, Riptide when I have to move (Or my hot <3 Draenei), and HW if tank gets a major spike damage or basically if anyone gets some major spike damage.
    LHW is not really viable for me unless the fight really has no raid damage other than spike damage.
    It purely depends on the healing setup honestly, we have a sick Disc priest in our raid who heals all the spike damage, while 2 druids hot the raid, 1 paladin on the tank(s) and me and a holy priest spamming the raid.

With the 2pc T10 bonus, you should always Riptide when the cd is up. 20% hasted CH is amazing.

In a 25man, my effective heals were usually in this order:

CH
    Earth Shield
    Riptide/LHW
    HW

Most of the time you'll be CHing in 25man. It's not quite as necessary/effective in 10mans.

As resto. MP5 vs Int vs SP stacking in gem slots?

Haste.

If you want to socket for the bonus, haste+sp gem.

Otherwise Haste.

Did I mention Haste?

Yeah, you want to socket Haste.

(If you are just starting out eg fresh 80 resto, it's ok to gem int)

why haste? aren't there other more beneficial stats

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    why haste? aren't there other more beneficial stats
    No. Haste is the single most beneficial stat (by a LOT) because it allows you to cast more heals per unit time. Shaman spells don't have +healing modifiers as high as other classes, so we compensate by being able to cast more heals in the same amount of time, thereby increase throughput.

Red slot = +12sp/+10haste if bonus is > or = to +5sp
    Blue/Yellow = +20 haste