Thread: Toravon nerfed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Toravon nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by snootay
    In our battlegroup people will literally leave a heroic if we get a random with more than two people from Mal'Ganis in it because we know they'll be doing 1K dps and trying their best to wipe the group in their shitty PvP gear and spec.
    Off topic from the rest of your post, but I generally find that people from Mal'Ganis are the top performers in my random heroics...

Quote Originally Posted by yetun
    he is relly hard, when we went there i nearly died as we didet know any of his abilitys but after 8 stacks the other tank tryed to taunt him and we won.. but man that was hard i had to use my shield wall! i mean wtf, i dont like to use a 4 mins cooldown!
    1/10 because your account isn't banned yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    Do you want to do something challenging? Go try hardmodes. VoA is supposed to be easy and it is easy. No need to do stupid QQ topics about it.
    Ye... you only get ilvl 264 T10 wich costed me 95 frost emblems and hours of raiding. Why do you think no one would QQ about that?

VoA should be removed or drop lower ilvl loot. It's just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    Ye... you only get ilvl 264 T10 wich costed me 95 frost emblems and hours of raiding. Why do you think no one would QQ about that?

somebody bought the gloves and legs first. tisk tisk

Chances are he was nerfed because a lot of people had trouble on him.

Don't forget the MMO-Champ forum community is the elite of the elite thats why everything is so faceroll. Your all just better then everyone else :

" I 20 manned him, no strats or nothing first try I swearz! " " oh yeah!? we 10 manned him on 25! no healerz "

People are not dinging 80 and killing him unless they are being carried.

Tanks and Healers are both very busy the entire fight.... First pug we did took 4 tries always got him to around 5% each time the last whiteout and 3 orb spawn crushed us. Mind you our pug dps didn't do 10K which is the average here

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    that was indeed a not-so-bright move. We all knew a new VoA boss was coming, and it would most likely drop hands and legs again... why not use emblems on the other pieces?
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    It was possible to have 4 pieces before VoA was opened, and now it's possible to have 5 pieces with badges only.

Besides, good raiders bought whatever pieces they needed most, they didn't count on gear that might randomly drop or not when the new VoA boss finally opened.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    It was possible to have 4 pieces before VoA was opened, and now it's possible to have 5 pieces with badges only.

Besides, good raiders bought whatever pieces they needed most, they didn't count on gear that might randomly drop or not when the new VoA boss finally opened.
    The people who did that will prolly never set foot in VoA 10. They're smart if they used their first upgrade tokens on things that don't drop from VoA 25, and they'll take the random drop if it drops to save a token.

I personally don't have that high of an emblem income, so I'll stick with my strat of not buying what I might get from VoA while I can get other upgrades.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian

Maybe you should've planned ahead when making choices of what upgrades you were going to get based on Frost Badges? Primordial Saronite would've been a better investment than gloves or legs. Anyone with half a brain could've told you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Chances are he was nerfed because a lot of people had trouble on him.

Don't forget the MMO-Champ forum community is the elite of the elite thats why everything is so faceroll. Your all just better then everyone else :

" I 20 manned him, no strats or nothing first try I swearz! " " oh yeah!? we 10 manned him on 25! no healerz "

People are not dinging 80 and killing him unless they are being carried.

Tanks and Healers are both very busy the entire fight.... First pug we did took 4 tries always got him to around 5% each time the last whiteout and 3 orb spawn crushed us. Mind you our pug dps didn't do 10K which is the average here
    The fight is an AFK fight for melee dps and tanks. And I've seen a lot of melee DPS QQing about this fight because ranged are sometimes incapable of controlling the adds and after the 3 minute marker the raid damage becomes so bursty it's literally unhealable. This fight was a total faceroll on 10m. I took my old scrubby guild in and we one shotted it after just skimming the boss strategy(though we did lose a couple of people in the process).

25 man on the other hand was a nightmare for me. I tanked for and put together multiple pugs that just ended up failing over and over again. I finally was able to down him on 25 man after I loaded my raid with a ton of ranged dps with over 5.3k GS(I brought 12 or 13 of them if I remember correctly) and we went in and one shot him. I don't know what kind of groups the people are these boards are running with, but you're definitely overexaggerating the ease of this fight when your average pug DPS is only pulling 5-6k, a lot of them lower and the minimum dps requirement for this fight is at least 5k from everyone, assuming no one dies and everyone executes their roles perfectly.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Literally the only reason I'm glad with this nerrf is that maybe now pugs on my server can down him in less than 5 tries on 25.

Oh wait, my server's fucking retarded and it's still going to take that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmode
    They have to make it easy for the PvPers, didn't you know?
    I've seen more PVP'ers one shot raid bosses in PVP gear and specs because of their general knowledge of how to work together and environmental awareness than most PVE's who think that Gearscore makes them better. Of course I think it's funny that the attitude I get from your statement means that you actually think a scripted fight against 1 NPC is hard to people who spend most of their time in WOW against unpredictable players with the ability to reason and capabilities to counteract. Seems your just a bit TOO bitter about something PVP related. You one of those guys that sits in WG or runs around in a BG in PVE gear hoping to have somebody tank a player so you can beat on him?

i find it funny that people QQ because you can get Tier pieces from Vault bosses, yeah sure, the bosses are all a joke, and any pug(ok, not any but most of em) can kill a boss in vault, what you dont take in consideration is that all their loot tables are HUGE and the chance one of those bosses will drop your class/spec specific T10 is ridiculous, first of all he will most of the time drop pvp gear, since the only 2 pieces of pve gear he drops are the legs and gloves, and he drops several different pieces of pvp gear. This is not a boss to farm for pve gear, if you do that ur a moron, you should kill it once a week, yeah, if he happens to drop a piece you want, well grats, but if you have a shitty leg or gloves, and ur not buying the tier pieces just because ur waiting for toravon to drop, well, your are a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuk
    i find it funny that people QQ because you can get Tier pieces from Vault bosses, yeah sure, the bosses are all a joke, and any pug(ok, not any but most of em) can kill a boss in vault, what you dont take in consideration is that all their loot tables are HUGE and the chance one of those bosses will drop your class/spec specific T10 is ridiculous, first of all he will most of the time drop pvp gear, since the only 2 pieces of pve gear he drops are the legs and gloves, and he drops several different pieces of pvp gear. This is not a boss to farm for pve gear, if you do that ur a moron, you should kill it once a week, yeah, if he happens to drop a piece you want, well grats, but if you have a shitty leg or gloves, and ur not buying the tier pieces just because ur waiting for toravon to drop, well, your are a retard.
    Since VoA was released I don't know anyone who's bought leg/glove tier before other upgrades available to them. The odds of you winning a piece of gear out of VoA are no lower or higher than your odds of winning a piece of gear for that same slot from a raid, assuming most players could probably use those pieces. If you decided not to buy when ICC patch came out, congratulations, you just saved enough badges to buy 7 primordial saronite or Helm/shoulders, chest/shoulders for your offset.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account

Sad thing is I heard of many 25 man pugs wiping multiple times because people weren't killing the orbs fast enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena
    Since VoA was released I don't know anyone who's bought leg/glove tier before other upgrades available to them. The odds of you winning a piece of gear out of VoA are no lower or higher than your odds of winning a piece of gear for that same slot from a raid, assuming most players could probably use those pieces. If you decided not to buy when ICC patch came out, congratulations, you just saved enough badges to buy 7 primordial saronite or Helm/shoulders, chest/shoulders for your offset.
    How can you assume most players could use those pieces if VoA gear is class specific ? as well as in a raid you dont have pvp pieces dropping from bosses, the changes you will get a piece of gear from lets say first boss in icc 25 in 5 weeks are a lot higher than getting a piece of gear from a Voa Boss in the same time. PVE gear that is.

Its a shame but VoA's design from the beginning was always aimed to be easy raid bosses. This has been the case with all of them so far, so i'm surprised so many of you didn't actually see this coming, since most pugs last week wiped on him (at least in 25). Toravon in 10 man was/is a complete joke as it was. My first experience with him was on 25 and we wiped a few times, simply because ranged don't understand they have to switch to orbs and are only concerned with their own dps numbers but we eventually got him with no deaths on like the 3rd try or something. Did it on 10 man the next day and couldn't believe how much easier it was.

tldr: People should have seen this coming.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

It's a well-established fact that whether or not a pug will be successful/pleasant is predictable based on raid chat alone.

Goodraidleader: "anyone need to know anything aboot this fight?"
    Smartpug: "yeah what do i kill, the boss or the adds?"
    Goodraidleder: "boss unless orbs are up"
    Smartpug: "k"

---------BUT IN THE REAL WORLD------------

Badraidleader: "OKAY I MADE SURE YOU ALL HAD OVER 5500 GEARSCORE"
    Smartass: "YOUR GEARSCORE IS 5300"
    Badraidleader: "THIS IS MY ALT YOU NOOB"
    Knowitall: "WHATEVER THIS BOSS IS SO EASY LETS JUST DO IT"
    Thatonedudeallpaladinshate: "MIGHT ME PLZ"
    Lolret: "YOU HAVE B SHOUT"
    Impatientguy: "WTF LETS JUST PULL"
    Lazyjackassindalaranwhiletheportalisup: "SUMMON ME"
    Badwarlock: "I'M OUT OF SHARDS, GO TO THE STONE"
    Tokenhuntard: "YOU BETTER NOT NEED THE WRATHFUL GLOVES"
    Twelvehundredrating: "WTF YOU DON'T PVP TOKEN THEY ARE MINE"
    Dktankthatdwsquicktankingweapons: "FUCK WHO PULLED"
    Randomjumper: "MY BAD"
    Badraidleader: "WTF YOU NOOBS"
    Afkhealer: "SORRY BABY AGGRO"
    Deadtank: "AMG I DIED YOU HEALERS SUCK"
    Badraidleader: "OKAY WE WIPED WHATEVER, I'M GOING TO DAL TO ASK FOR MORE PEOPLE"
    Knowitall: "MAKE SURE THEY HAVE MORE GEARSCORE"
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account

Really they should call it

Vault of Free Loot

Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk
    Haha, good one.

Next you will say that winning in pvp depends more on skill than on gear/class/comp/color of you underwear/etc... ???
    At 2200+ comp matters yes but no skill=no 2200. I really hope your not saying scripted fights with an addon telling you whats coming is harder than having to well atleast pay attention in arena? sigh Pvp might not be that hard, but pve is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    I'm just sitting here shaking my head unable to believe it. We one-shot this boss with blue-geared people on 10-man.

What I am trying to say is: WHAT THE F*CK?

(If there is a thread about this already, I apologize. Have a nice evening and be sure to get those free epics from VoA!)
    Everybody is mourning the loss of this uber hard encounter in quiet contemplation... /yawn