Need help with my mage.

I've been doing alt raids on my mage for a while as arcane. The numbers are cool, but arcane is so freaking boring I can't stand it anymore. I've been playing around with ttw/fireball and I love it. Any advice you guys can give to make this spec work? Like what should I gem/gear for?

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Re: Need help with my mage.

By going that spec you will lose out out on dps. Don't you like reaching the top 5 dps and damage charts I love fighting for top spot out the mages in the guild so fun :P. The stats you want to go for is in this order crit>sp>haste>hit I can't recommend a spec at this time I'm on my iPhone. I wish you luck an hope you have fun playin that spec.

15+ Year Old Account

ugh, i hate to break my leet post count, but the stat priority posted above is wayyyyyyyy off. hell, it's backwards.

hit till cap>haste~sp>crit
    BfA Beta Time

Ok arcane rotation is boring, but you need to learn how to use the cooldowns well to maximize your dps, try to focus on that and forget the rotation boredom

Whoops my mistake sorry :P With the CDs there are some grate addons to keep track of your CDs so you can pop them all then AP is the first one to come off which you can use again untill the rest are off cd

15+ Year Old Account

okay, this whole "arcane rotation is boring fire is waayyyyyyy more fun" argument has to stop.

arcane

rotation:
    abx4-->mbam
    (2 button rotation)

CDs:
    PoM
    AP
    IV

fire

rotation:
    living bomb-->fireball-->hot streak on proc
    (3 button rotation)

CDs:
    combustion

shared

mirror images
    evocation

total buttons pushed for arcane: 7
    total buttons pushed for fire: 6

the rotations are near identical, get over it. one throws red balls of fire, the other pimp slaps the target with purple energy.
    BfA Beta Time

If you are bored of the Arcane Rotation you can have fun seeing how hard is for other classes to have same dps with you.

I'm just trying to get some help, didn't mean to start a flame war post or anything.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Cant really understand what are you talking about at your main post. You want to respec Arcane->Fire ? :-X

15+ Year Old Account

nah, i'm not flaming or anything, just stating that there is nothing more "fun" about fire's rotation. the difference is fire pushes one more button, whereas arcane gets 2 more CDs.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account

i listed the cooldown of every spec in my post. or did you just close your eyes, cover your ears going "lalalalalala i can't see you i can't hear you lalalalalalaalala" when you skimmed my part about fire and arcane being identical?

fire rotation is fireball spam till proc with a living bomb every 8 seconds.
    arcane is arcane blast spam till proc.

fire uses one more spell than arcane in its rotation.

in case you missed them, here they are again.

arcane CDs:

icy veins
    arcane power
    presence of mind

fire CDs:

combustion

shared:

mirror images
    evocation

arcane has 2 more cooldowns.
    BfA Beta Time

I think the fun in fire is less about the rotation and more about the animations. Arcane blast hits a target and looks weak.... now tossing fire... and setting the mob on fire with a crit/living bomb that is fun.

Both have a very simple rotation and the cool downs aren't hard to manage.

Try playing feral cat if you want a challenging rotation.

If you're going for numbers, arcane will (for the most part) beat any kind of fire spec.
    The fun part is up to you.. personally I prefer a fire/FFB spec because I like seeing my own big crits, but that's my opinion. You'll just have to see for yourself.
    If you're gemming for fire, I would recommend gemming SP, SP/haste, and SP/crit or Crit based on your own stats.
    Your Fireball or FFB crits with full raid buffs should try to stay consistantly at about 75%+.

Edit: Obviously you'll want to stay hit capped as far as gemming goes.

Don't forget scorch!

Quote Originally Posted by keke

And what? 2 more CDs? In fire you've got;

- Combustion
    - Mirror Images
    - Icy veins (since going down the frost tree is quite obvious for this talent).
    Icy veins is not something you have in fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpidis
    If you are bored of the Arcane Rotation you can have fun seeing how hard is for other classes to have same dps with you.
    I like the way you think. I was taunting other classes with my +80 resist talent on sindragosa, maybe I should taunt them with the rotation I can do it my sleep while still winning deeps.