Thread: PVP questions

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

PVP questions

For PVP what do I gem for? I want to gem for resilience, but similarly I think it would be a better idea to gem AP

Is haste a good stat fro PVP rogues?

I remember a few months ago it was desirable to have 1.8/1.8 in Arena....is this still the casr?

The poisons used are WP/DP, correct?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: PVP questions

Gem offensive stats, WP/DP with a fast offhand, but you should have a slow offhand with WP as well to swap to for clutch blind on target and what have you. Sometimes DP isnt the best poison to wear, depending on the comp you're facing. But usually it is, especially in 3's.

EDIT: not haste. 40 AP as much as possible, except 20 AP/10 Crit in your yellows, and a nightmare tear, 20 AP/15 Stam is a bit more acceptable for pvp than it is for pve.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Re: PVP questions

Resil is good but don't use too many gem slots on it. I've managed to get around 4967 ap 1027 resil and 38.97% crit with my style of gemming and enchanting. If you can then get Wodin's necklace. I'm in full pvp gear except the 277icc ring which is a big plus.

Resil is really great coupled with deadened nerves, you can easily have over 25% damage reduction just in one category and it can all add up (-crit,-damage,-crit damage) to around -62% crit penalty which helps tremendously in comps like RMP where you want to have the defense to let your priest nuke for totals of 50k damage and for pain suppression to work better on you. I don't gem crit because a lot of people will be going higher on resilience and crit will become weaker than ever.
    1.8 wound / 1.4 deadly
    44/2/25

This is the way I gem:
    one nightmare tear in the blue slot of pants
    68ap/40 ap in remaining red/blue slots
    20 ap 10 resilience in yellow slots (boots,chest)
    40 ap in 277 icc ring.

enchants:
    20 resil enchant on chest
    50 ap 20 resil on helm
    40 ap 15 resil on shoulders
    32 ap on boots (or nitro boosts whichever you prefer)
    rocket gloves on gloves
    50 ap on bracers
    75 ap 22 crit on pants
    frag belt (kinda unnecessary but fun in duels)