Deleted

Alt for farming?

Hello guys. I wanna make an alt for farming, because i wanna get 2 crafting proffesions on my main.

So whats the best choose? What ez for leveling and fun tho.. ;p I just dont want to be a huntard/dk.

Re: Alt for farming?

To an extent I guess it depends what you're farming, but personally I'd pick a druid.Farming-wise, you can herb and skin (and I assume mine) without leaving flightform, all you have to do is land. Then if any beasts are wandering close to where you want to farm, you have Hibernate, Soothe Animal (aggro range reduction) and Shadowmeld (stealth and drop out of combat). You also have Cyclone and Entangling Roots which give you plenty of time to switch to travelform and run away, so yet another way of avoiding fights you're not interested in.

Then you can build specs around 4 completely different forms - moonkin, tree, cat and bear. So you can change to a completely different playstyle whenever you're starting to get bored, and if you're only farming with him you only really need 2 sets of gear (feral and caster). On top of that, bears especially can solo all kinds of things, and you've plenty of ways to run if you decide you've bitten off too much.

It's also great for soloing instances - At 60 I used to solo Sunken Temple & Zul'Farrak; at 70 I would to the Zangarmarsh instances quite happily, and I was soloing 70 heroics quite happily the same week I dinged 80.

Feral's the fastest way to level, but moonkin's not bad either, specially once you start getting Outland gear. I've heard some people say they found a druid hard to level, but I can't say I ever noticed. My first char was a druid and he was fine, and I've played 5-6 others anywhere up to 50, as all specs.

Give it a try, see what you think!

dk is your best choice. fun, fast, start 55 levels ahead and with a free epic mount. a feral would be my second choice i suppose... maybe a warlock
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Druid's a good idea. I tend to go for Death Knight myself, unless you already have a DK on your realm. They start at 55 with an epic moun t and, if you go Unholy, move an extra 20% faster mounted, 15% on foot. Plus you don't actaully have to level until you need to start farming outland stuff.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

I'd have to vote DK. Pop army to grab a mine and run away, spec blood to be functionally immortal, you have one hell of a farming class.

I have a DK for Mining/Herbing, it doesnt need good stats, easy leveling/strong and easy T9
    EverQuest (2000-2002)
    Lineage 2 (2004-2007)
    World of Warcraft (2005-Present)
    Age of Conan (2008-2009)
    AION (2009 - 3m)

Druid has to be the best possiblity if you dont want to do a DK. Druids are just fun in general and i am levleing one for this exact reason not having to change forms to herb/mine. Although if you are not diggin the druid I would try out the Pally. Paladins are amazing and one of my favorite classes. Easy to level (esp with dungeon finder now). I suggest getting a RAF partner to do it. It will go fast and it is fun the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Loop
    I just dont want to be a dk.
    Cross out the last 3-4 posts lol

Farming? For what? Play the AH and buy what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdark
    Cross out the last 3-4 posts lol
    Just cause he doesn't want to be one doesn't cancel the fact that they're the best choice. Not to mention most people who don't want to play a popular class only don't want to play it because it's popular and never really give the class a shot. Especially in the case of a farming alt, screw what the world thinks and try the best before you resign to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    dk is your best choice. fun, fast, start 55 levels ahead and with a free epic mount. a feral would be my second choice i suppose... maybe a warlock
    The problem being going back to level that stuff. Though I guess 1-300 in two gathering skills is alot faster than 1-60 but it is annoying since it doesn't feel like progress.

Druid is the only class that can do EVERY ROLE and do it well. So if you decide to make them something important, you are already half way home.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Just cause he doesn't want to be one doesn't cancel the fact that they're the best choice. Not to mention most people who don't want to play a popular class only don't want to play it because it's popular and never really give the class a shot. Especially in the case of a farming alt, screw what the world thinks and try the best before you resign to the rest.
    You sir, are wrong.

Dk's aren't the best, but the easiest choice. Druids are defo the best choice, while you can gather in flying form you save ALOT of time while grinding.
    Chloe - Raid leader of <The Titans> X @ Deathwing EU

I farm on my Death Knight too. Not having to level through to 55 the normal way makes a fairly significant difference.

My DK's set up as Mining/Engineering, and has his epic flying mount (which makes farming mats a hell of a lot easier). So typically he does loops of Sholazar basin for Saronite and gas clouds (so you end up with lots of Saronite Ore and Eternal Shadow, Air, Fire and Earth). He's specced Unholy, which gives him a permanent pet to tear the faces off any mob that looks like it'll disrupt his mining (or herbing, or whatever you go for). I like Mining and Engineering together because the mining helps you level up your engineering, and then you have two different things that you an track at the same time without any tracking-switching macros or addons or whatever.

If you're willing to level all the way just for a farming alt, then druid is probably a good idea. Cat levels fast (though the levels before cat form are a friggin' nightmare), and Flight Form is just awesome.

Druids a good option since you don't want to level a DK or hunter. Flight form is fairly awesome and you can move quick early on. No class is really better than the other though, it's all personal preference.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

If you're gonna farm mobs for eternals, cloth or whatever i must vote for lock. I belive affliction lock is the best mob-faming class in the game. All you have to do is run around like a retard and 2-click a macro casting 2 dots on every mob. You stop just to pick up loot and never go out of mana/hp. I always pulled all mobs in every farm spot i used and all other farmers just had to quit after few minutes, because there was no more mobs left for them, i always tagged them faster with my dots.