Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Leveling a holy paladin

Heh, thanks to all fot replying.

I've gotten to 35 by now with holy gear.
    You made me wonder about retri, when dual spec will be available I'll send the boa gear I have on my warrior over to see if I like it better as retri.

I lvl'd to 50 as holy before the new lfg system was implented and it was rough but I always lvl the hard specs for some reason. Honestly I think it males you a better healer faster if that's what you want to do endgame because you don hit 80 as ret, suddenly spec holy and now you have a bunch of abilities you have no idea what to do with. I also lvl'd some of 50 and the rest to 80 as prot and in IMO it's the best lvling spec for pally. No down times. You can pull so much at once making those "kill 15 of X" quests really fast and simple and 90% of group quests can be solo'd.

Anyways. If you really want to heal endgame you should stay holy and you will know exactly what you're doing in raids at 80 rght away, might even turn some heads.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    Anyways. If you really want to heal endgame you should stay holy and you will know exactly what you're doing in raids at 80 rght away, might even turn some heads.
    Healing in the lowbie environment is so different for holydin that it's not really that useful as 'training'. Once you can reach Bacon of Lol it's close enough to end-game healing that your argument would start to apply. I basically agree with the guy earlier who said to go tank until outland - low level gear for holydins is extremely limited, they're the worst of the healing classes until TBC gear is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballador
    Also, keep this in mind if you decide to go into PVP battlegrounds, with the next small patch they are going to reduce the amount of XP you earn in BGs by 50% , so this may not be a good selection for leveling quickly (at least it may not be after the patch releases).
    I just wanna clear something up on this. the XP you get from honorable kills is based on ur level, and they are doubling the amount of honor you get, and cutting the amount of XP u get per honor in half. you will be getting the same amount of XP while getting more honor.
    •To bring the rate at which players obtain PvP rewards with Honor more in-line with the rate at which players obtain PvE rewards via the Dungeon Finder, we'll also be increasing the amount of Honor awarded for an Honorable Kill by 100%. In light of this, the amount of experience provided from an Honorable Kill, and the amount of Honor awarded for completing the Wintergrasp weekly quests, have been reduced by 50%.

It's important to note one thing about these 50% decreases. All Honor awarded for completing objectives in Battlegrounds and Wintergrasp is actually based on an Honorable Kill conversion rate. So if you destroy a tower in Alterac Valley for example, the Honor you're awarded is actually based on a flat number of Honorable Kills. Since Honorable Kills will now award 100% more Honor, completing such objectives will also award more Honor. This is why experience gains based on completing Battleground objectives and Honor awarded from the Wintergrasp quests are being decreased by 50%.