When to switch over to healing.

I started leveling a Priest today and i intend to heal at 80 (holy or disc, whatever is needed and whatever i prefer) but im wondering what would be a good level to switch from Shadow to a healing spec to get enough experience to be decent at 80. I'm level 20 at the moment and i've never healed before, i've always tanked or been dps. Also i'll run as much random dungeons as i can while leveling.

Re: When to switch over to healing.

Forget Shadow, I leveled Holy right from 1, this was before the LFG tool was available. Nowadays you can heal/instance your way to at least 58, at which point Outlands/Northrend are faceroll in any spec.

I suppose depending on your cash values, you could always just get dual spec at 40, dump your second spec into a heal spec and then queue LFG from that point on whenever you're bored.

Start healing now while you can as shadow, and at lvl 40 dual spec and have fun!

10+ Year Old Account

Shadow all the way in my opinion. Until you hit Outland, shadow can heal any dungeon just as well as holy can as long as you're not spamming heals for the hell of it. Once you hit Outland, buy dual spec and go shadow/disc. Shadow for your quests (faster than grinding dungeons, believe me) and disc for healing dungeons as you go along.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

There is this thing called dual spec that lets you play with whatever spec u like while keeping a spec for leveliing... or so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    There is this thing called dual spec that lets you play with whatever spec u like while keeping a spec for leveliing... or so I hear.
    If you have the gold for it.

If you don't start healing as soon as you can and use the LFG tool all the way up.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

15+ Year Old Account

Heal as shadow all the way until 70. It i very doable and will give you a great appreciation for the abilities you will get later on as Disc or Holy. Or you could just Go Holy all the way from 10.

Deleted

Im almost finishing my priest ( lvl 77 atm ). I leveled only thru new LFG tool, and from 1-40 i was healing in shadow spec..not much healing need, only buble+renew or throw some flash heal if the tank ninja pulls. After 40 i get dual, got Disc as healing spec, and shadow for questing. For low level and even on freshly 80, disc is better, cuz its more mana efficient then holy, if you go holy you'll go oom too fast. Even tho i love disc, and when i hit 80 i'll be healing as disc. Once you get PEnance, you'll never go holy, i truly love this spell <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanix
    I started leveling a Priest today and i intend to heal at 80 (holy or disc, whatever is needed and whatever i prefer) but im wondering what would be a good level to switch from Shadow to a healing spec to get enough experience to be decent at 80. I'm level 20 at the moment and i've never healed before, i've always tanked or been dps. Also i'll run as much random dungeons as i can while leveling.
    I am leveling a priest as well. Dinged 49 yesterday, yay me!

Since level 40 I run around with dual spec. I quest as shadow and do instances as holy. That way I get to pew pew mobs while questing and get healing experience while leveling in dungeons.

It works like a charm for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol