Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The perfect UI search?

Okay so I've been playing around with ui and I've tried a couple different ones (including Queith's Balance Druid UI) It just doesn't seem to fit. I do play a druid so all that pretty druid stuff must be there. Was just curious if any of my fellow MMOers had some magical UI that will make this space chicken happy

THANKS in advance,
    Alagaseia
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Re: The perfect UI search?

It doesn't fit because it is their UI.

Look up some tutorials, they will show you all the intricacies of UI add-ons, and then just build your own. I still need to work on mine, but it's hard to choose between functional and pretty, so yeah.

This is what I use. It is made from several different add-ons and suits my clean play style.

Well Spartan was really nice, I guess my eyes just kept looking at all the wrong places for stuff ya know? And I couldn't get all my extra addons to fit properly sadly
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

A good way to start on a new UI the first times, is to download a premade UI that you like (just go here http://wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=28 )

And then play around with the different settings on the different addons, move stuff around, to whatever it might fit you.

Good luck.

And to Diablo,
    I'll agree clean is good! But being a hardcore raider (not saying your not) lol but I have TONS of stuff to go everywhere lol. Recount
    Omen
    SquakandAwe
    DBM
    all that good stuff :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alagaseia
    And to Diablo,
    I'll agree clean is good! But being a hardcore raider (not saying your not) lol but I have TONS of stuff to go everywhere lol. Recount
    Omen
    SquakandAwe
    DBM
    Bigger resolution = more room :P

I really like this UI, I use it with a few modifications.
    http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...creenOnly.html

Then of course there is one of the more famous simple UIs.
    http://tukui.org/screenshots/t9.solo.1.jpg
    http://tukui.org

I was looking into the Tuk one.
    I think it's too boring for me lol
    the Sexymap addon is my favorite showing i like flashy cool stuff

And to Diablo,
    Omen
    SquakandAwe
    DBM
    I raid and PvP plenty and have my add-ons (Raid frames, Recount, etc...) Come up as I need it. Shaman's Armory.

And to Diablo,
    Omen
    SquakandAwe
    DBM
    Exactly. It's hard to keep a pretty UI when some stuff that is needed for raiding just doesn't fit.

For me it's PallyPower. Big old hunk on the side of my screen. I find the best way to deal with omen and recount at least is to download Skinner, which essentially puts a black bar on the bottom, or any side for that matter, of your screen. This does not reduce how much of the game you can see however, just puts it into a smaller window. Anyway, I use bartender to reduce the size of my action bars, and shorten my chatlog, have recount in between my chatlog and bars, and omen between my bars and...other bars that hold stuff like mounts, water, etc.

Goes something like this:

Chat|Recount|ActionBars|Omen|MoreBars.

This leaves room on my screen to arrange where DBM goes and where I want pitbull.

10+ Year Old Account

Packers - Penguins - Gators

I currently use this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-LUIv2.0.html . Just with xtra add ons. All the raid add ons, pally power, stuff like that. And moved around stuff so it won't block for anything else.
    And I like it
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

15+ Year Old Account

And to Diablo,
    Omen
    SquakandAwe
    DBM
    Well, you could always hide recount and not have it displayed all the time. Simply /recount show after the fight if you wanna see it. A lot better as far as space is concerned.

Myself, I just went and found a UI I liked ( Ended up with Frysbox or whatever his name was - will edit that to fix it with a link in a minute ) and added/removed what I needed/didn't need. Ended up dropping some things, changing some addons to ones I liked better, and adding things like DKI to track Diseases/Runes, ForteXorcist for Cooldowns, and PowerAuras for procs. Works nicely for me, but still working on it.

That could be a way for you to go if you don't want to get into all the technical crap.

Okay so I've been playing around with ui and I've tried a couple different ones (including Queith's Balance Druid UI) It just doesn't seem to fit. I do play a druid so all that pretty druid stuff must be there. Was just curious if any of my fellow MMOers had some magical UI that will make this space chicken happy

THANKS in advance,
    Alagaseia
    The best UI is one you make yourself =]

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    I currently use this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-LUIv2.0.html . Just with xtra add ons. All the raid add ons, pally power, stuff like that. And moved around stuff so it won't block for anything else.
    And I like it
    I tried LUI but I couldn't get most of it to work. I think it was because it was a bundle and not just one UI addon so I didn't know what most of the parts did, that and they wouldn't stay where I put them and I didn't have the pretty bars to line things up on or anything.
    But then again maybe I'm just bad.

Deleted

Right...so I see plenty of people going "I need space for recount"

Uhm, are you all raidleaders or? the only person who needs recount in raids is the raidleader. for pretty much everyone else (mostly dps wise) you'll stare more at that then the fire you're meant to move away from -.-.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat
    Right...so I see plenty of people going "I need space for recount"

Uhm, are you all raidleaders or? the only person who needs recount in raids is the raidleader. for pretty much everyone else (mostly dps wise) you'll stare more at that then the fire you're meant to move away from -.-.
    Recount is useful for analyzing your dps.

Decide which parts of the UI didn't fit and start from there, so you can get an idea of what does and does not work for your personal playstyle.
    Use basic unit frame, raid frame, and other addons to get the layout in such an arrangement that you are comfortable with and then worry about the flashy stuff like sexymap, borders, textures etc once you know where they are going to go.
    If it helps then list a few you have used, and what you did or didnt like about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/packs/1365/default.aspx

got what ou need and and is clean and simple
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/