Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cataclysm and Shattrath

Seeing as many people hate Dalaran and there will most likely be no Sanctuary City in the upcoming expansion... Do you think many people will turn to Shattrath for a lag free city with ports to all of the new content cities?

Or do you think it will remain dead?

Personally, I'll probably have my hearthstone set to Shattrath.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm and Shattrath

They'll just have to add ports to all city's from everywhere, or awesome hubs that wont take to long (IE: Deeprun tram, but moving faster).

I dislike sanctuary's, and only use them for Hubs. I would love it to sit around a REAL Capital City, hanging around, planning stuff etc etc.
    Dawwwwwww

I hope not, because all sanctuary cities ever did was lag people. That's why they're not putting in another.

Players will be spread throughout the current cities. Personally, I'll either live in Stormwind (as I am human) or one of the least populated cities (Exodar? It's a complete ghost town at the moment. Not even low level Draenei use that zone.) Maybe Ironforge will be the new Ironforge again.

People will migrate to Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Dalaran just like they do now. I'll personally set up shop in Dalaran only because I have the feeling Northrend dailies are what I'll be stuck with, if they keep the idea that Tol'Barad will be a PvP zone as well as Cataclysm's major daily quest hub as well as Cataclysm's Wintergrasp (Something SoE Alliance only holds maybe once a day at around 4 am).
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

I hope they will add portals or some mechanics so we can use all classic citys, an dont have to stick with dalaran or shatrahh. It would make sanse and it would feel like we are stuck in wotlk.

And i hope they will add mechanics to revive world pvp. Too bad dungeon tool will propably disable it for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    I hope they will add portals or some mechanics so we can use all classic citys, an dont have to stick with dalaran or shatrahh. It would make sanse and it would feel like we are stuck in wotlk.

And i hope they will add mechanics to revive world pvp. Too bad dungeon tool will propably disable it for eternity.
    They are. You have to win Tol'Barad to do your daily quests in Cataclysm, is the impression they've given so far.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    They are. You have to win Tol'Barad to do your daily quests in Cataclysm, is the impression they've given so far.
    you dont have to win that to do all your daileis it is just a ceritan amount of dailys that are. essiantly like isle of quel'danas and wintergrasp there will still beother dailies to do

Quote Originally Posted by lukehop1
    you dont have to win that to do all your daileis it is just a ceritan amount of dailys that are. essiantly like isle of quel'danas and wintergrasp there will still beother dailies to do
    At Blizzcon they stated it was "Like Wintergrasp" and "your main daily quest hub." I may be reading between too many lines but that, to me, implies "You need to win it to do those dailies," and even if you don't I've little inclination to do dailies while flagged for PvP (not being force-flagged is one of the reasons I rolled on an RP-PvE server).

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanch

Personally, I'll probably have my hearthstone set to Shattrath.
    My hearth has been in Shatt since I was level 40. Fuck Dal. I train there and that is all.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Grizzengoo

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    At Blizzcon they stated it was "Like Wintergrasp" and "your main daily quest hub." I may be reading between too many lines but that, to me, implies "You need to win it to do those dailies," and even if you don't I've little inclination to do dailies while flagged for PvP (not being force-flagged is one of the reasons I rolled on an RP-PvE server).
    Actually I think it will be a PvP zone during the war times (duh, no-brainer), and when the battle is won, It will be PvE, or the other faction is banned from the island.

i dont get all the hate on dal.. aside from the lag, that place is boss.
    shat was terrible. it seems know one remembers that place lagging. shat was almost worse then dal at some points. not to mention shat is way to big, unless you happen to know where everything is, its a pain to get anywhere.

dal is a nice size and the inn is next to the portals. shat you have to fly from the inn to access portals.

i duno, maybe its just me. all these people jumping on the shat bandwagon amaze me..

Quote Originally Posted by Tanked
    i dont get all the hate on dal.. aside from the lag, that place is boss.
    shat was terrible. it seems know one remembers that place lagging. shat was almost worse then dal at some points. not to mention shat is way to big, unless you happen to know where everything is, its a pain to get anywhere.

dal is a nice size and the inn is next to the portals. shat you have to fly from the inn to access portals.

i duno, maybe its just me. all these people jumping on the shat bandwagon amaze me..
    Thats exactly it. Personally, Dalaran is too small to be a capital city or a kingdom. I dunno about the lag, still think dala is worse. Thats another thing, flying in the city was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Thats exactly it. Personally, Dalaran is too small to be a capital city or a kingdom. I dunno about the lag, still think dala is worse. Thats another thing, flying in the city was great.
    size may be an issue to some, i can see that. it doesnt bother me personally. i like things closer together. but yes, to be a major city is it rather small in that aspect.

flying in shat was ok. but god forbid you were not 70 (in b.c) and had to take the stupid elevator from aldor rise.. fuk that.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I like Ironforge at the moment and Stormwind too. On my server they arent ghost towns like Darnassus and Exodar but are not laggy like Dalaran and Shattarah. I think classical cities will be lagging more in Cataclysm so I wouldnt be surprised if the population in Darnassus and Exodar was given a small boost. My home is ofc Ironforge where else can you get unlimited Titansteel Cooldowns without Lag?.
    Insert Signiture here.

personally, I like Darnassus to be my home city for my alliance characters, Silvermoon City for my horde ones. They are out of the way, secluded, and relatively absent of life on my servers. I'm sure the last criteria will change but I still like them better than the hustle and crowds of Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

I do like Ironforge and Thunder Bluff though...

Kill the Zerg, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of the Protoss!

Deleted

If i remember well there was something like a quest hub in or near the Elemental Planes where Ragnaros is. Depending on how well designed that place will be, many players might set their HS there. Besides, we have easy access to a tabard that teleports us not far from Dalaran in case we want to go anywhere else. I'll probably set my HS so that i have as much accessibility as possible to the content i'll be interested in

Concerning Tol Barad.

If I recall correctly, it will be a combination of IQD and WG. There will be dailies there for everyone. If your faction currently controls the island, there will be more dailies for you to do.

When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Outland sux
    Shattrath sux

i haz a internet

10+ Year Old Account

Ive got all the gold i need in wotlk by stealing gold from those hardcore raiders....."you really want to pay 2kgold for these 23 emblems that i would usually just convert into herosim emblems? well ok...0o"

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    Ive got all the gold i need in wotlk by stealing gold from those hardcore raiders.....you really want to pay 2kgold for these 23 emblems that i would usually just convert into herosim emblems? well ok...0o
    wat

Thanks Amuno!