Poll: Should the VoA Bosses be in their own seperate instances?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Should the VoA Bosses be in their own seperate instances?

i'm curious what everyone thinks about this, basically people kill 1 or 2 bosses in there now days and not any else, i feel that all the older bosses obviously arn't being killed really, and honestly i wouldn't mind doing Archavon and Emalon for my alts and not need like ICC gear to get into the instance.

basically do you think they should have got their own instances? or even 2 per instance? eg: Archavon + emalon and Koralon + Toravon
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Re: Should the VoA Bosses be in their own seperate instances?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    Look at it this way. The elemental plane is tied to many different planes but is not a part of it.

Starbucks 1: Azeroth
    Starbucks 2: Outland
    Street: Elemental plane

So the elemental plane is connected to both the starbucks but the two starbucks arent actually connected. If im on the street I can either go to one side of the street and go into starbucks 1 or 2. But if I use a truckload of C4 to blow out the wall of starbucks 1 the place would be changed completely. Starbucks 2 however remains intact.

Definately +++.

The basic system of VoA is already fail at its worst and now you also need full ICC gear, 5,5k+ GS in order to see a boss designed for quest greens/blues (archavon).

10+ Year Old Account

no. if you really want to fight archivon or emalon that badly you can just specify to make a group like that and put no gear requirement. idk why youd want that but thats just my suggestion

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

i think having them in separate instances would do the exact opposite you think it would.

right now 'most' raids will do the latest two bosses... but if they were in separate instances, I bet a lot more people wouldnt feel bad about bailing after the latest tier boss.

and while raids form for ToC still (25man at least), how many raids are bothering with ulduar, maly, and naxx ?

even worse, those that might be inclined to run archavon and emalon 'for fun' would be turning down the temporary opportunity to do 'progression' bosses to do so.

add on an extra time sink for forming the raids against the WG timer, and its bad all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia
    i think having them in separate instances would do the exact opposite you think it would.
    Exactly my thoughts as well.

I do VoA once a week, killing every single boss. If they were in different raid instances, I doubt I'd go for more than two(depending on the size of those raids, and their location).

Why would you want gear off of Arch and Ema when you can skip those two tiers and their pvp loot by just doing heroics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

If anything they should make it so that you need to kill the lower bosses before being able to get to the t10 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    If anything they should make it so that you need to kill the lower bosses before being able to get to the t10 one.
    Kinda like the ICC 5 Mans?

Agreed. I don't need/want anything from those bosses, but it at least validates my time spent wasting while we pug 25 peeps to kill a simple boss. Plus badges are always fun.

Nope, i agree with Nirron and Zannthos though. Make it so you can't get access to Toravon until you've defeated the others.

Why? Noone needs anything from those bosses. You can do a few heroics and get the loot that way instead. Why should 24 others do completely outdated content just for you?

It's like putting 24 bosses in icecrown citadel by merging it with naxx, and then expecting (or in your case requiring) people to kill the naxx bosses just because they happen to be in the same instance.

They're not what people go there for.

There is no reson what so ever to have them in same instance.

Their tier is so hugh diffrens so if you need the gear from the first you cant come in as the gear requirement is for the last boss.

If you got the gear for the last boss you dont need the first bosses at all most offen not even the emblems so i have never seen a group killed more then the 2 last bosses and that just happen once rest of the times most peeps allready left before some one have time to ask to do one more.

So yes let them be seperate instances.

For those who say just skip some tierr.
    Well as you all know its RNG and you actually have to win if the item drop.
    SO there is bigger chans for a low geared to get a item if they can go each seperate instance as they do more bosses.
    Dashivas prot warrior
    Avidha Prot paladin
    Daghain feral druid (tank)
    Soultheifs Frost DK (tank)
    Draghkar hunter
    Shayol Holy preist
    Shivaa resto shaman

All located on Vek'nilash

Well how bout this...
    If you are undergeared (i.e. mayb just hit 80 or whatever, maybe tier 7/8/etc is still an upgrade), WHY do you expect to be carried by people that dont want to do the bosses you want?

Make a raid, make it for fresh 80 or new 80s. sure, your not gana be able to down korolon or (insert new boss cant remember) but you dont need to, thats not the gear your after.

Why should you be carried through 2 or 3 bosses/tiers and get a shot at grabbing that loot then expect them to do bosses for the soul purpose or gearing you?

Or (heaven forbid) guild run?

Quote Originally Posted by mashadar

For those who say just skip some tierr.
    Well as you all know its RNG and you actually have to win if the item drop.
    SO there is bigger chans for a low geared to get a item if they can go each seperate instance as they do more bosses.
    Flawed logic, the people who would want to enter a VoA: Archavon group probably won't be well geared, and there would be greater competition for loot. Best case scenario for an undergeared player is to go to a normal VoA then ninja pull archavon or something :P

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    Why would you want gear off of Arch and Ema when you can skip those two tiers and their pvp loot by just doing heroics?

I guess you're forgetting that emalon and archavon both drop two emblems. 2 x 2 = 4 therefore you get 4 more emblems for killing these two scrub bosses. And since I'm not an idiot I realize that a standard heroic drops 4 badges and will take longer than 10 minutes (unless you have a superpro group).

First heroic of the day- 4 triumph 2 frost
    vault- 6 triumph 2 frost

vault won't take longer than doing heroic HoL and yet yeulds 2 more triumphs and gives you the chance to get super leet gear rather than a shot at a dream shard that sells for 4 gold on the AH

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar

I guess you're forgetting that emalon and archavon both drop two emblems. 2 x 2 = 4 therefore you get 4 more emblems for killing these two scrub bosses. And since I'm not an idiot I realize that a standard heroic drops 4 badges and will take longer than 10 minutes (unless you have a superpro group).

First heroic of the day- 4 triumph 2 frost
    vault- 6 triumph 2 frost

vault won't take longer than doing heroic HoL and yet yeulds 2 more triumphs and gives you the chance to get super leet gear rather than a shot at a dream shard that sells for 4 gold on the AH

I guess you're forgetting that most people don't need triumph anymore. No, not even for money.
    Wait, super leet gear in vault? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. If you still need gear from anything below Koralon 25, you're DOING IT WRONG. (Yes, I include pvp gear in this)
    BTW, calling people idiots doesn't help your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    Well how bout this...
    If you are undergeared (i.e. mayb just hit 80 or whatever, maybe tier 7/8/etc is still an upgrade), WHY do you expect to be carried by people that dont want to do the bosses you want?

Make a raid, make it for fresh 80 or new 80s. sure, your not gana be able to down korolon or (insert new boss cant remember) but you dont need to, thats not the gear your after.

Why should you be carried through 2 or 3 bosses/tiers and get a shot at grabbing that loot then expect them to do bosses for the soul purpose or gearing you?

You must be the sort of people who kick undergeared people from heroics, because they should run countless normals to hit the right GS or whatever. I would've thought guild runs are the prime place where this happens-you can get tier stuff from emblems easily, marks drop everywhere; obviously if you're an alt in a main run you'd consider whether to roll or not, but otherwise FFA really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutual
    You must be the sort of people who kick undergeared people from heroics, because they should run countless normals to hit the right GS or whatever. I would've thought guild runs are the prime place where this happens-you can get tier stuff from emblems easily, marks drop everywhere; obviously if you're an alt in a main run you'd consider whether to roll or not, but otherwise FFA really.
    actually quite the opposite, as i see heroics in a different light. How is one spose to get gear, with completing heroics? Thats my logic..
    however, why should someone be dragged through a raid by people that dont want to run you thru for gear?

if say u try to get into a VoA and get a "not geared enough" reply, surely a fair few other people did too. its not just 1 person on the server that cant get into a VoA, everyday there would be people hitting 80, and therefore more than enough people that want to spend 10mins for a chance to replace a few blues....if you want to spend the time looking

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    Well how bout this...

well the drops from all bosses could be an upgrade for my feral druid and he's doing top5 dps at the new guy (I'm shitty at names:P).
    last time I had the lowest gs of them all and i was still in the top5 so people with gear aren't always great and aren't always carrying me there.

but its a I haven't done any VOA yet where people run it completely, most of the time we do the fire guy, then the new guy and then 5 or 6 leave which makes the rest of the group disband.