Raiding spec advice.

So I'm thinking about going MM for raiding instead of Survival. I am doing around 3.5-4k dps in heroics and 5k+ in raids and so I'm wanting to see what will give me more damage. I'm Survival right now (I'll link my armory page in a sec) and wondering what it would take for me to be an effective MM hunter. I haven't been a MM since BC, so I know there's a lot that's new about it.

Here's my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lade&n=Odayaka

(*Yes, I know I have a melee cape, but it was better than what I had. I am working on getting the Frost Emblem cape)

I'm working on obtaining the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion for this purpose, but I really needed advice.

Is my gear good enough for me to go MM? Would I have to completely re-gem to ArP, or could I stay with Agi gems? What is your MM spec and rotation?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Raiding spec advice.

you could go mm but not having any tier 9 or 10 at all will really hurt you. as for gems, you wouldnt need to regem for arp. agility works fine. read the guide sticky though for more details on specing / "rotation"s for mm

i'd probably just stay sv for now though and get better non-heroics gear (like tier)

by the way, some of your enchants are off. 20agi > 44ap on gloves, and theres a 50 ap to bracers chant. also, the ap/crit beats agi/stam on legs

Deleted

You are way over hit cap and yet I see a hit gem >< Stay surv!

Oops, forgot to replace that one when my gear got better. I've had those legs for a while now.

As for the tier, I am working on it, but I figured I should replace my shitty trinket and back before I use my emblems of frost for my t10. I'm working on T9 though.

dont worry ive had shit luck on capes as well, wearing the same one lol. :-\

I would try mm because it is really nice, my hunter is prety scrub but manages 7-8k on fights like saurfang.

Just follow a mm guide and try it out im willing to bet you will see better numbers.

Im planning on changing my offspec to survival tonight and see how the numbers compare

Just found out I have enough Triumph to get one piece of t9 already. Went ahead and got the legs and gemmed 2x +20 Agi.

15+ Year Old Account

You are a leatherworker so you should use your leatherworking only enchant for your wrist. Also, use the ap/crit enchant for your legs, not the agi/stam.

As far as whether you should switch to MM or not I would use the hunter spreadsheet to figure that out. MM and Survival really are very close until extreme gear levels. Read the sticky if you decide you want to switch. It will give you good information. Also if you are serious about your hunter, I highly recommend learning how to use the hunter spreadsheet found on elitist jerks. It even has a guide to help you learn it.

I have tried both, and yes while MM does slightly better dps, I enjoy playing SV much more. Don't know exactly what it is about SV I like so much.

I would recomend making some changes to your SV tree if you decide to stay SV.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...30532135301311

You really only need 1 talent in Hunting Party, and IMO you don't need any in Hawk Eye.

Good luck!