Poll: what do you think takes more skill. pvp or pve

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: POLL: what is harder. pvp or pve

There are things you can react to in PvE encounters that may lesser your margin for error(such as a Pally BoPing a DPS that got aggro)
    The sad truth is that all of these "margins of errors" are easily covered by multitudes upon multitudes of addons out there. (Eg omen for abovementioned example). In LAN tournament arena play, one is NOT allowed to use addons of any sorts, which puts the focus on the player's skill instead of his gadgets.

That said, most top PvPers ignore addons just because they have to live w/o them in order to practice for LAN arena play.

Name me ONE top end raider who doesn't use addons to make his life easier and I'll take my hat off to both him and you.

10+ Year Old Account

pvp takes more skill and knowledge of other classes abilities, whereas pve is harder because you have to depend on other people to stay alive. without a tank the boss would run around and kill everything, without healers tank would die and it would be a repeat, without dps enrage would hit and all would die

Deleted

pvp is harder I think. I dont do pvp but when I do it I get freaked out of all those CC buttons I got to use etc. But i havent done any pvp with resi gear, so I dont know if that makes it much easier.

PVE.

in pvp, the moron player might be the opposite side.
    in pve, he/she is always on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER
    PVE.

in pve, its always on the same side.
    Smartest thing ever said lol

Quote Originally Posted by bendora
    Harder: staying off this game.
    Come play with us, "Benny"... for ever and ever and ever.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Both a different ballgame, not really to be compared

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

PVE.

in pve, its always on the same side.
    So you're telling me patchwerk is actually smart?

This poll is new and exciting, i have never seen it before and it definitely isn't a waste of forum space...
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

My post is new and exciting, i have never seen it before and it definitely isn't a waste of this thread's space...
    Maybe try using something fresh to counter something old instead of using an overused statement to layway an overused topic

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    The sad truth is that all of these "margins of errors" are easily covered by multitudes upon multitudes of addons out there. (Eg omen for abovementioned example). In LAN tournament arena play, one is NOT allowed to use addons of any sorts, which puts the focus on the player's skill instead of his gadgets.

That said, most top PvPers ignore addons just because they have to live w/o them in order to practice for LAN arena play.

Name me ONE top end raider who doesn't use addons to make his life easier and I'll take my hat off to both him and you.
    Addons are like tools, and blizzard has complete control of what those tools can or can not do. They provide the API which is used to make addons. Not using addons is like a programmer refusing to use his tools and working with Assembler instead. That's just retarded, and so are you.

HI > AI

not for all the cases :P
    but generally it is
    Navarasa Forsaken Priest lvl 85 @ Spinebreaker [EU] - inactive

15+ Year Old Account

i've selected pvp.. but there is a huge if/when.
    that if and when being the class you play, deny it if you like but some classes (read:most melee) are simply favored in arena. So eventhough i chose pve overall for my self (warlock) pvp is harder. Sure i can beat rogues and warriors.. it is just required to out gear or skill them.

10+ Year Old Account

You can't check a video on YouTube to learn an encounter in PvP.
    Surely there are counters against other classes abilities, but you need to know and learn when he might be going to use them.
    And there is no DBM who will warn you in time.

PvP is harder, and a lot more dynamic.
    What is worth fighting for?

Dear Illitti, I trust that you have enough mental capacity to comprehend what I posted earlier.

Please reread;
    In LAN tournament arena play, one is NOT allowed to use addons of any sorts, which puts the focus on the player's skill instead of his gadgets.

On a sidenote, have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you had sufficient oxygen when born? Just saying, you ain't half as witty as you think you are.

I don't think that the hard part about PvE is raiding itself. What's hard tho is to be a GM/officer in a raiding guild. All the work you need to put in to make the guild go around, all the patience, leading raids, etc etc.

I don't think being a average raider and having your raidleader tell you and everyone else what to do is hard at all. All you really need to do is listen to vent and throw out some damage at the same time.

I recon Arena is pretty hard to learn. It takes a lot longer to learn how to play arena and there are so many new thing you need to think of that you never used before when you did PvE. Thats one reason I think why some people don't like arena, they simply haven't put the time into learning how to play it. But once you get the hang of it it's not that hard actually. It's mostly about teammates and communication.

Anyway, why do you wanna compare them? Play whatever you think is more fun.

Deleted

if you take the toplevels of both, meaning absolutely hardcore oponents in pvp and absolutely hardmode encounters in pve, i would say pve is harder as you have to manage a lot more things as in pvp.

in pvp you usually try to out-think the oponent and react faster, get the better combos etc.

generally its still hard to compare of course, but imo pve is harder.

however if you take pvp in general and pve in general (normal modes, "easier" bosses), then pvp is harder as you can make more mistakes

Raid bosses are made with the intention of being defeated, your PvP opponents aren't.
    However, by the very nature of PvP, one team is going to win and one team is going to lose. If two raid teams attempted the same boss, the outcomes are variable. Maybe they both win. Maybe neither can beat it.

PvE is tuned to a set difficulty. Some (read many) encounters are designed to allow everyone to win, and some are only beaten by a handful of players even when severely outgeared.
    PvP cannot be tuned. If you make two teams of players fight each other, the better team will win and the worse team will lose. It doesn't matter if these are incredibly good players or absolutely terrible. One win, one loss.

everybody has asked this question, argued about it, and gotten mad about it.
    False.

pve gets easier over time because addons are getting better and better and people get used to their abilities, bosses get nerfed, new abilities get added
    pvp gets harder over time because of more abilities to watch out for, more combo's become available, equal chances mostly for you and your enemy

also addons for pvp are alot harder to make and include everything. addons for pve are as limitless as the data.