Sindragosa 10, arcane instability

Last night we got really close to the kill on Sindragosa 10. It was a pitty we couldn't finnish it off due to the trash bugging after it had reset.

Checking the WWS, my dps as elemental shaman on this fight is really bothering me. Most of the night I have been playing elemental. To my surprise I had the arcane instability debuff up for 50% of the entire fight, every single attempt. To maximise damage, I made sure flame shock was rolling all the time and when possible I skipped on filler spam (Cl/Lb) to get a lavaburst in on cooldown before I had to let the debuff run out.

As a healer had some net issues, I have been playing resto most attempts. On these occasions I never reached more than a 10-15% uptime on the debuff. Same goes for the other 2 healers.

This resulted in a ~3k dps on every attempt, while all melee based classes where able to maintain dps much closer to their normal levels. Normally I am always in the 4-6.5k range, just behind the hunters and rogues, which I think is normal for a 10 man strict (aka, no totGc25 or ICC25 geared) ele shaman.

I really like to hear if other shamans had the same problems and what you guys did to improve dps. At the moment I am bottom dps on this fight and I think I have to stick to resto for this fight while our holy priest swappes to shadow (endless nuking + dispersion).

Note: I was the only caster class in our set up. We were running: Prot warior, Prot paladin, Resto druid, Holy Paladin, Disc Priest, 2x Hunter, Rogue, Ele shaman, Feral druid. When the priest got his net problems, we brought in a 2nd rogue and I respecced to resto.

WWS: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3twme23hqstuqmra/
    Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ane&cn=Ghengie

Re: Sindragosa 10, arcane instability

We did 10 trys in 10man this week.. Almost everysingle unstable magic debuff went on me (shaman healer) or our Elemental shaman. It was try based. 1 try i could get them all, and then another try the ele shaman got them all. Kind of strange!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengie
    Note: I was the only caster class in our set up.
    Well, there's your bad dps. You had no other caster to buff you, or debuff the boss.

Because that explains a 2-3k gap... Please consider your post before pressing the "post" button.

You could've spend some time reading the post Celdarion. Ofc, I could've stated that the raid set up is about the same as every other boss kill ever, only swapping in a mage or spriest sometimes. But I'd say the point of post was rather clear.

Pwnedbeauty, considering your experience. It looks like it is a lot better to leave casters out of the raid, unless they can handle the debuff like spriests. It is our experience that healers had an easier time handling the debuff as they weren't forced to spam their spells the whole fight.

I have had the same as elemental shaman. I think in 1 try i even got it like 8 or 9 times. But then again another try i had it only once or twice. Think it is just random and you were unlucky.

It also doesn't matter who gets the debuff. You are there as a team. If you don't get it someone else will and his/her dps will be lower. Except for shadow priests with dispersion ;/.

Sindragosa isn't a DPS race.

That said, every time you get Instability, ensure that your Flame Shock will be up until or through your next Instability, and then use Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt. The key is to use all of these abilities in immediate succession, up to 4 stacks (or whatever amount of stacks your raid prefers). Spreading your casts apart is bad.

Note that Searing Totem and Fire Elemental can attack when you can't. Totems are one of the reasons why Shamans excel on Sindragosa. But be wary, as summoning and desummoning totems will stack Instability.

Don't be concerned about your DPS on Sindragosa. You can kill her if everyone does the fight correctly.

15+ Year Old Account

perhaps get rid of some of your hit gems

10+ Year Old Account

Ye i think its some bug.

On 11 sindragosa attempts i got the debuff ATLEAST 4 times upto 9..

Seriosly i think this is some bug. i was the only shaman in raid and i was constantly getting it being a hard time maximizing my damage
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh
    His 10M raidgroup doesn't contain a SPriest/Boomkin for the hitbuff.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

well i´m not sure if i do stick to the topic now or not, you decide.

If you have a setup without any caster, what brings you to the idea it might be good to go for ele? Even if you had some superior trick to come by the "unchained magic" debuff, your DPS would still stay unacceptable low without any support for your or debuff for the MOB.

And since there is no other caster which you could support i dont get the idea.
    Perhaps you should try to get a thrid gear (enhancement), since it seems that would fit way better into your melee heavy 10 man raid.

Besides from that, you could stack up until 20 and kindly ask for some angel of a priest or a shield & pain suppresion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    Sindragosa isn't a DPS race.

That said, every time you get Instability, ensure that your Flame Shock will be up until or through your next Instability, and then use Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt. The key is to use all of these abilities in immediate succession, up to 4 stacks (or whatever amount of stacks your raid prefers). Spreading your casts apart is bad.

Note that Searing Totem and Fire Elemental can attack when you can't. Totems are one of the reasons why Shamans excel on Sindragosa. But be wary, as summoning and desummoning totems will stack Instability.

Don't be concerned about your DPS on Sindragosa. You can kill her if everyone does the fight correctly.
    These are usefull tips. I am aware of the type of the fight. But as the dps gap is enormous, I was really interested to see if that's how things are or that I should be able to up my dps by 1-2k. As we always have a rogue providing the 3% crit, I will play around with searing/fire ele tonight. As we're 10 man only, I'm not used to dropping anything but Totem of Wrath.

Impressive how short-sighted people tend to be. If you'd took a minute to check, you'd notice I am on 13,08% hit. Correct, that's my cap as we're not running a spriest/boomkin at the moment. Gratz, you just made yourself look dumb!

If you have a setup without any caster, what brings you to the idea it might be good to go for ele? Even if you had some superior trick to come by the "unchained magic" debuff, your DPS would still stay unacceptable low without any support for your or debuff for the MOB.
    No, as I stated, I'm not behind on the dps on any other fight. I even provided our logs if you'd be interested. Shamans are really fine in 10 man raiding as we're providing the most important buffs ourselves. Whether I'd be ele or enh, I am bringing the buffs they need. Besides, most fights do need a melee/ranged balance to work properly. And last, I just enjoy being a ranged class a lot.

Besides from that, you could stack up until 20 and kindly ask for some angel of a priest or a shield & pain suppresion.
    Though those suggestions would work, it is a bit far fetched. As the fight is not a dps race, I think I'll have to accept being alone at the bottom for a change. As <35% was a bit chaotic first times we did it, I might consider going all out until I'd get hit by the iceblock, at which time the guardian angel would keep me alive.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengie
    No, as I stated, I'm not behind on the dps on any other fight. I even provided our logs if you'd be interested. Shamans are really fine in 10 man raiding as we're providing the most important buffs ourselves. Whether I'd be ele or enh, I am bringing the buffs they need. Besides, most fights do need a melee/ranged balance to work properly. And last, I just enjoy being a ranged class a lot.
    Hmm sorry to say this but you strike me as kinda arrogant and not a good reader, while you are the one asking questions you aren't really considering the answers. Anyway, to the topic at hand:
    Since you are one of very few ranged, you will be getting the ranged debuff more often won't you..... So it's not the same as other fights..... So the comparison to your dps on other fights, is complete BS. So imo the suggestion to go enhancement would mean you wont be getting the arcane instability at least. Furthermore, your dots ruin your dps, since when the Flame Shock ticks while you stopped casting cause of said debuff, your dps will drop to a very low level. So don't do Flame Shock, just spam LB up to five stacks for instance when you get the debuff.

Who says you need to stop dps with the debuff?

Melee and hunters take damage from the defensive proc debuff and they get healed through it. Why can't you?

Don't just keep spamming over and over, but you can get 1-2 stacks then let it drop, repeat.

10+ Year Old Account

I asked my healer what they would accept as incoming damage from the stacks. They told me ~5 stacks was easy to heal and that gave me some more room.

About the debuff: We found out that 1 healer + 1 dps will get the debuff. If you are that 1 ranged dps then you should get them all. Maybe blizzard made a workaround for a 1 ranged setup for this so you won't get all debuff but in my setup (2 casters) it was either him or me.

Totems are a good idea here. In the last phase you can turn into an iceblock but your totem keeps some damage up. Always nice.
    No response from server

Deleted

Stack up to around 5-6 in p1+2. If strugerling in p3 on healing don't stack above 3.
    As Bergg rightly said, its not a dps race. Its all about surviving and clearly you would of got the debuff loads if you was the only caster. If its going to choose 2 people every time and theres only 4 caster/healers you have a 50% chance of getting it.

There is no bug or anti-shaman mechanics going on, it's just RNG friend.

Pearroc gives some good advice. As a healer I generally tend to let my stacks get up to 6-7 in p1/p2, depending on the situation. If healing feels light (meaning not a big need for healing) I'll let it drop off with less stacks.

An easy way to maximize DPS or Healing with unchained magic is to use communication. For example, all of the healers in my raid will call out "letting it drop, X# of stacks" or simply "letting it drop" (or something similar) when it's going to drop. This let's the healers without unchained magic make sure they are topped before it hits, allowing us to put out as much healing with unchained as necessary.

As for DPS, well I look at it as the DPS player's own responsibility not to kill themselves, squeezing in one extra spell cast isn't going to make or break the raid, but a heal might, which is why the healers watch each other like that in our raids.

As pearroc (why do I keep thinking your name is pear orc) said, get your stacks up quickly, let them drop, and then stack again, rather than slowly building them. Hell, half the time you have unchained magic you are moving out of her pull/explosion thing or getting into position for the air phase and the stacks drop off that way.