Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't the fact there is no more Defense basically mean you CAN tank heroics with just the proper spec and DPS gear? Face it, the DPS gear gives comparable stamina to the tank gear, gives you more threat via higher damage output, and the mitigation is largely superfluous with any halfway-decent healer in heroics now. And don't knock that PVP shield; it's the best shield you can get if you aren't raiding ICC and at the super-low Honor Point cost, it's a steal for anyone who wants to tank.

I've seen a FURY WARRIOR (and not a fully geared one, as he had some heroic blues along with his T10/JP gear so was obviously an alt) tank an instance and pull close to 10K DPS while doing it; granted they have a lot of self-healing abilities but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    every time i see a player with unenchanted/gemmed gear i cry

one time i saw a player with a green trinket and ilvl 264 tier 10 pieces.

i actually cried
    ok i can see the problem in the past but now who cares when cata is like 26 days away from release =P

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It just surprises me that you assume everyone *wants* instant queues or to tank just for an instant queue? You learn to do other things while you wait for the queue - in fact, you quite enjoy the time in between waits. In addition, if you are competent and have done all roles to a decent degree, you quite enjoy not being exhausted after doing all 28 dungeons or whatever one-after-the other as a tank, proving that the pace can actually reduce your enjoyment of something.

Tanking is tanking. It's often a tricky job, a LOT of work to be good at, and certainly thankless the majority of the time (I can count the number of times I've been thanked on my tank compared to as a healer - and no I consider myself quite good since others rarely die). There is absolutely no reason why a player on a tank-capable class would chose to tank just for the sake of it, i.e. for instant queues or whatever. You should choose to tank because you want to.
    I don't buy your explanation. You have learned to live with the queue, which is admirable in the same way it is fine when someone learns to live with a disability (apologies for the slightly insensitive analogy). You have taken an unpleasant restriction on what you can do and found a positive way to look at it. I don't accept for a second though that you would be less happy with a system where the queue was an instant pop for everyone. Given the choice between being a tank with an instant queue or a DPS with a 20 minute queue you have chosen the latter. If it was the other way around, if it was a choice between being a tank with a 20 minute queue or a DPS with an instant queue would you be tanking then so that you could enjoy an artificial break between instances?

---------- Post added 2010-11-14 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    Wouldn't the fact there is no more Defense basically mean you CAN tank heroics with just the proper spec and DPS gear? Face it, the DPS gear gives comparable stamina to the tank gear, gives you more threat via higher damage output, and the mitigation is largely superfluous with any halfway-decent healer in heroics now. And don't knock that PVP shield; it's the best shield you can get if you aren't raiding ICC and at the super-low Honor Point cost, it's a steal for anyone who wants to tank.

I've seen a FURY WARRIOR (and not a fully geared one, as he had some heroic blues along with his T10/JP gear so was obviously an alt) tank an instance and pull close to 10K DPS while doing it; granted they have a lot of self-healing abilities but still.
    There are a couple of things that make this sort of thing viable now the main one is that anyone in that gear probably has about 40k health unbuffed and is tanking an instance that was designed for entry level tanks with 20k health or less. Combine with the fact that DPS is so high that the packs die in no time at all and it is quite viable for most well geared DPS to tank quite well.

I tanked the entire of DTK on my DK in dps gear yesterday and on recount at the end it showed I had taken 115k damage total for the instance. The DPS was just so high that everything was dead before it could even hit me. It is basically just another example of gear trivialising content.

When those instances launched it would be a good group if your combined DPS was 8k. Now when you have an entire group doing 40k+ dps then everything dies 5 times faster, which means everyone takes 5 times less damage, which means the healer uses 5 times less mana etc. By the end of Cataclysm I am sure a similar trend will be visible with heroics being farmed. If gear scaling is not as drastic as it was in WotLK (which seems to be the goal) then it might be to a lesser extent but it will still happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    I don't buy your explanation. You have learned to live with the queue, which is admirable in the same way it is fine when someone learns to live with a disability (apologies for the slightly insensitive analogy). You have taken an unpleasant restriction on what you can do and found a positive way to look at it. I don't accept for a second though that you would be less happy with a system where the queue was an instant pop for everyone. Given the choice between being a tank with an instant queue or a DPS with a 20 minute queue you have chosen the latter. If it was the other way around, if it was a choice between being a tank with a 20 minute queue or a DPS with an instant queue would you be tanking then so that you could enjoy an artificial break between instances?
    I think that people should just do whatever they want and not have to be constantly told that their choice does not make any sense. So what if he's a druid and he only wants to queue as DPS? Yes it is a restriction that CAN be removed quite easily but if the person doesn't want to then they shouldn't. Most DPS have lived with this credo ever since the damn LFD tool popped up. Yes DPS can QQ that their waiting time is extremely long but like I said it is their choice. In fact just show some sympathy - fake or otherwise - and then everyone can live happily ever after again. Plus most of them have found something to do in between already, like gathering, chatting, reading, etc.

Anyway the most recent terrible time I had with the dungeon was on my priest. She's currently gearing as shadow for Cata prep (I know it would be obsolete, but I just want to be able to kill stuff faster from the get go :P) and I joined this TERRIBLE H HoS group. Needless to say I ended up having to switch disc for half the instance just to augment the healing. In the end we tanked most of the bosses between the Frost DK, my Pain Suppression and the other not-so-geared druid healer. The rogue was non-existent throughout the fights (but was in the same guild as tank) and therefore cannot be kicked. So about 45 minutes later We finally finished Sjonnir with everyone's health EXCEPT for the tank and ROgue at about 2k remaining. I pretty much needed on everything I could throughout that instance just to get something good out of it :P

Deleted
    My advice, dont try and help people to much and be quiet doing your LFD runs, this have turned out to win for me 98% of the time.

Is it correct attitude from my side? no, not at all, but at some point you just get tired of listenin to the constant moan in these runs :<

Hands down for you politely trying to help this little freak you ran into, but im sorry to tell you, most people dont care bout this and play the game for them self :<

Quote Originally Posted by Fromthedark View Post
    Title says all.
    I would like to hear your worst experience/s with the lfg tool.

to start things off.

My worst experience would have to this one Heroic UK run. My gf had just dinged 80 on her hunter, soon after she had asked me where she could get a new ranged weapon from, and UK immediately sprang to mind, so i offered to carry her through some instances on my pally tank, get her some badges to go towards some tier pieces, so i que us up for H UK, group pops immediately we enter and buff and we proceed into the dungeon. It was a mostly geared group aside from my gf.. the healer and one of the dps was in TOGC10/25 gear and the last dps was averagely geared so this was ought to be a fast run. we got to the room just before the first boss, and the little notifiction window to kick a player had popped up, and i noticed it was my gf's toon that was being voted to get kicked, so i clicked no, but i see the message "The Vote to kick has passed" "[Enter gf's toons name here] has left the group" my gf was sitting next to me, and went absolutely nuts. so i asked in group why they voted to kick her. the healer responds with: "her dps was shit, i could pull more dps by spamming smite, she isnt geared enough to be in here" at this point i raged. Ofcourse you could, you outgear her by a mile. wtf is with her not being geared enough to do a heroic...how else are you supposed to get geared.

Quite a dumb reason for being kicked from the most simple of heroic dungeons.
    This happened to me alot when i was trying to help newly leveled friends, extremely anoying, ffs is just a crappy heroic and people qq.
    Best this is to go heroics with friends, guild mates, or just a premade group from server since lfg tool becomes very anoying most of the time because of you can feel the rage, egoism of kids qq'ing around. Not funn at all to play like this WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate View Post
    First of all Im not one to post about bad heroic experiences because there are so many but jesus christ last night was a shit show. So Im in a gold making mood so I decide to farm some frozen orbs/badges for gems. I que'd with my friend who is a warrior tank so we got instant ques. Im playing on my rogue who I would have thought by myself, qued with good players because of my gear, boy was I wrong. heroic nexus a painfully long/easy heroic. A priest decides to let me die and just stands there on the first mini boss that whirlwinds, now I popped evasion/feint obviously but awful rng I still got one shot. The priest doesnt rez me and says "anyone that dies to that deserves to run back" and I ran back simply because I didnt want to wait. And the rest of the place this dicksore decides to just not heal me and says again "oh sorry looks like my rogue heals are broken" being a fucking faggot. So happily I bandage/eat mage food and dont take any gigantic damage spikes from anything and stay alive the rest of the place. This priest has awful 232 gear/gemmed for spirit shit like that. It just pisses me off when someone awful says something like that in party chat when its like dude have you seen your gear have you seen how bad your healing is? I swear nothing pisses me off more. Sure I consider myself an elitest raider, I was in the world 2nd sunwell progression guild I know what Im doing blah blah blah. But the fact is that NOBODY should have to put up with that christ

/rant
    thank you.
    Tricks the healer, then tell him 'Wow, looks like you died, have a nice run back' Any time i que with a tank friend and the healer gets an attitude, i tricks him every pull. they leave, works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by Velnica View Post
    I think that people should just do whatever they want and not have to be constantly told that their choice does not make any sense. So what if he's a druid and he only wants to queue as DPS? Yes it is a restriction that CAN be removed quite easily but if the person doesn't want to then they shouldn't. Most DPS have lived with this credo ever since the damn LFD tool popped up. Yes DPS can QQ that their waiting time is extremely long but like I said it is their choice. In fact just show some sympathy - fake or otherwise - and then everyone can live happily ever after again. Plus most of them have found something to do in between already, like gathering, chatting, reading, etc.
    I have (and expressed) no problem with the guy doing whatever he wants, I am however questioning his assertion that the reason he doesn't tank is because he prefers having to wait 20 minutes for the queue to pop. Maybe he will turn around and claim he would switch to tanking if only tanking had a 20 minute queue. If he does I will be surprised but I won't have any issue with him doing so. I suspect the truth is that he doesn't like tanking for whatever reason and, if he finds the 20 minute queues to be either a minor or non-inconvenience and it means he doesn't have to tank then more power to him.

People do nonsensical things in games all the time, they are games after all, but your idea that it is somehow wrong to point it out if either their actions or their reasoning is nonsensical is flawed. This is a forum, the entire idea being to discuss the game we all play. Part of adult discussion is having some of your assumptions questioned, if we couldn't do that all this forum would consist of would be post after post of people posting "hey, all you guys are great!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trail of the Champion Heroic.

4 of us had started the mounted combat event, were doing fine, tank runs, straight through the middle of the champs and tries to melle them, failing profusely and then replies 'Nobb group1 i leav'

He leaves..

Oh the love of Dungeon finder tanks.

(I rolled tank after this)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolqwazves View Post

4 of us had started the mounted combat event, were doing fine, tank runs, straight through the middle of the champs and tries to melle them, failing profusely and then replies 'Nobb group1 i leav'

He leaves..

I laughed as I pictured this in my head. I could only imagine the group's response.

Had a grp yesterday when the healer yelled at the tank for going too fast. And it was in UK and everyone had decent gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    I laughed as I pictured this in my head. I could only imagine the group's response.
    I still picture this in my head to this day.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolqwazves View Post

He leaves..

I lol'd
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted
    I had a grp once where every dps did 600-800 (was tanking), was longest and most boring random dung i ever had

10+ Year Old Account
    A boomkin queing as a Resto and we wiped so many times! No heals!

Mine was not actually in a dungeon but in the Queue. Had queue'd as a healer and the enter the dungeon screen came up and the tank just kept declining it. This went on for bout 10 minutes until I guess another tank got the same q as me.

Joining a group in progress only to see yourself get owned by tons of trash. <--- :O

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Running lower level dungeons on my Warrior alt I find a LOT of DPS that think lowbie dungeons and BC dungeons can be facerolled the way you faceroll heroics in T10 gear. People who pull for me, don't watch aggro, can't wait for me to even get in to the mob and start attacking (they start to DPS as I use Charge). It's ridiculous the level of "herp derp I press button and do damage" idiocy I see. It's sad when someone compliments my tanking skills because I LOS pull a mob of 5 casters around a corner so they all group up, as though that's not the proper way to handle a mob like that. I've also seen, especially in lowbie dungeons, DPS that run ahead and just kill mobs on their own because you don't really need a tank in really low dungeons. Had a few times a Kitty druid would sneak to the last boss in SM:G and kill him while the rest of us were fighting mobs. I called one of them out on it once because I find it INSANELY rude to do, and when I told him not to do that in the future he was just like "y?" like some yokel.

I've also seen quite a few DKs that are in Blood Presence but DPS spec; I'll notice that they're pulling aggro off of me VERY easily even after a Rend+TClap+Cleave, so after the pull I'll target them so I can see their debuffs, and sure enough half the time I'll see a red skull buff. I had a DK once ask to co-tank with me in Mana Tombs; no idea what was going on there (I guess he chose tank/DPS but only had a tank spec?) so I told him to go and tank a pat that was walking around so I could save the trouble of rushing over there. It was quite strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    i rolled a 99 for the 22 slot bag in fos heroic tank told me to give it him or he will kick me i lol'd thinking it was a joke and the vote passed to kick me and i was the healer

Sig by Cocoacross ~

Joining toc as a tank pre-patch and listening to some feral druid give a sob story about how he was hacked and needed to roll need for his feral spec, saying that the hacker left his tank gear. I immediately said, "Open a ticket, they will lock your account and restore your things" and he lied and said they don't do that. We let him stay until he rolled need on every leather item, including healing gear.

After patch joined toc as a tank and had to bear witness to a truly terrible DPSer. I'm not slow when it comes to tanking, but this warrior was charging things and getting way ahead of me in TPS, and there's two other dpsers attacking different things. Needless to say I just let him tank what he wanted since he didn't want to wait. He bitched so hard about how I couldn't tank - then proceeded to pull the boss before I had time to taunt or throw avenging shield. The healer said, "I give up, you keep pulling, not even going to listen to your whine anymore" and stopped healing him, and then he died. He spent the rest of the time whining about healers and DPSers before everyone collectively told him to shut the hell up and quit playing since he was going to fail in Cata because his head was so far up his ass.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."