Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which zones are already shaking?

In all the discussion about new Cataclysm foreshadowing being added in 3.3.3, the tremors that were added to the old world in 3.3.0 is often brought up. I'm curious, though. While I've been aware that the shaking was added for quite some time, I've never actually seen it. I remember a [DND] Shaker NPC being found in Stormwind, so I presume one of the shaking zones is Stormwind itself, but... I'm Horde! Ha.

So, which zones are doing their thing? About how often does it happen? Call me silly, but I'd like to hang out and see one.

Re: Which zones are already shaking?

1) Make lvl 1 human
    2) Run to SW
    3) Wait for shaking
    4) profit

15+ Year Old Account

i dont know,iv always hung round sw and never noticed it

I calls speculation on this... never heard anything about tremers happening ... kinda hope your right but i think its a bit too early to start puting in pre cata events.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

God.. its the mammoths that shake the ground.. not a cataclysm event.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgothe
    1) Make lvl 1 human
    2) Run to SW
    3) Wait for shaking
    4) profit
    Snark and sass are unnecessary. I'm still interested in knowing which zones are feeling the effects of the coming events for reasons beyond just seeing them for myself. I'm sure other people might like to know as well.

If you've seen one of these tremors for yourself, please share the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab
    It's definitely not mammoths I'm thinking of. Lots of people have claimed there are tremors, but no one seems to have any concrete information to offer about them.

If you have a hammer everything looks like a nail.

wrong. bilzzard removed the shaking that mammoths caused. i think so anyway.
    There's A "Hardmode" In My Pants, And I Want You To "Beat" It.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • [li]I will track down anyone mentioning an emulated server/sandbox on my forums, find where he lives, and steal all his left shoes.[/li]

Saw these "pre-cataclysm shaking" threads like 2 or 3 months ago, dont you people think that someone would made a post or something about it?
    Its the mammoths, or something that has nothing to do with pre-cata.

I think the "Shaker" NPC's were placing in every major city during the PTR (before they were made invisible). But for areas outside of Cities, I don't know.

Saw these "pre-cataclysm shaking" threads like 2 or 3 months ago, dont you people think that someone would made a post or something about it?
    Its the mammoths, or something that has nothing to do with pre-cata.
    Mammoths don't shake the ground. Not on my client, anyway. Mobs maybe, but not mounts.

One quick example: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=22048399967
    Zones named here are Ironforge, Darkshore, The Exodar, and Grizzly Hills. A number of people report being alone when this happened. One person who was at the IF AH reported that the Auctioneers reacted to the tremor.

I'm just looking for information. If you've never seen one, say you've never seen one. If you have, say where. Don't start an argument. I'm looking for facts and data, not looking to rile people up.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eleri
    If you've seen one of these tremors for yourself, please share the location.

It's definitely not mammoths I'm thinking of. Lots of people have claimed there are tremors, but no one seems to have any concrete information to offer about them.
    Grizzly Hills, in the western forested areas, nowhere near mammoths or the giants (which do shake the ground).
    Dragonblight, nowhere near mammoths.
    Borean Tundra, potentially near mammoths, wasn't paying attention if there were any nearby at the time.
    Stormwind, while waiting for my LFD to pop.

<b>Edit In:</b> Dalaran, just happened. =P
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Anywhere in the Old World, though a raid I was in did experience one in Ulduar (lol going in Ulduar months after it comes out, nice concept yes). They made it so you can't target the NPCs that create the shakes, but they ARE in the game, and it's an unscheduled event, but be warned, you'll probably be staring for quite a while....
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted

Im not sure if it was part of the quest or just the fire plume area in Un'Goro, but as I was forging the unfinished skeleton key there the ground was shaking.

Happened to me in Dalaran before. The alliance badge vendor spot.

I've seen it in Ironforge for sure on several occasions. Besides that, I've only seen it in Dalaran, which I assume must have been something else since there can't be earthquakes in the air.

I myself felt shaking in Grizzly Hills, Camp One'Qwah at the flightmaster. I looked around and i was the only player there, also when i moved a bit it stopped, then when i moved back it started again. After a while it stopped.

I noticed one in the Dalaran bank. I had heard murmers of shaking, but dismissed them. So when I actually experienced one myself, the first thing I did was look around for what the cause was. I saw no hunters, or anything else which would explain it.

Therefore, I conclude the rumours of shakers on live are true. I don't think they'll go crazy with them for a while though.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

Exotic pets, durr. Or Devilsaur NPCs to the guy mentioning ungoro.

10+ Year Old Account

Happend to me in Ironforge a couple of times.