Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Prologue - Gnomeregan and the Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by blupp
    why oh why do i have to puke when i read twilight?
    Because you let it influence you.
    I still haven't seen or read anything about twilight except from those guys here complaining about worgen.
    Careful choice of media ftw!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

We're seeing data for the pre-Cataclysm event already? Does anyone have any info about how long we had data about the Second Scourge Invasion event before WotLK was released? The pre-WOTLK event started just a couple of weeks before release.

How far away can Cataclysm be?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Cataclysm Storyline

Random Player: Twilight Hammer huh?
    Cultist: Yes.
    Random Player: Where are the sparkly vampires then?
    Cultist: We're not that kind of Twilight. Now go listen the prophet.
    C'thun/Cho'Gall: DOOOOOM.
    Random Player: Excu-.
    C'thun/Cho'Gall: DOOOOOOOM!
    Random Player: Right. I'm leaving.

Back in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

Random Player: Hey Thrall/Varian, this ogre guy, thing, something is going all DOOM on us.
    Thrall/Varian: Sorry, we've got more important things than End of the World as we know it. Like liberating Gnomeregan/Echo Isles from low leve mooks. Just leave them be.
    C'thun/Cho'Gall: DOOM!

In Elemental Plane of Earth.

Therazane: Neltharion! Get your fiery bum out of bed and go back home already! I've had enough with your freeloading.
    Deathwing: Fine!
    Deathwing goes back to Azeroth and creates an Earth Shattering Boom!
    Deathwing: Oops. Now where are my goblins.

Level grind to 85.
    Random Player: Lul green epics.
    Random Player #2: Too hard! Nerf!
    Worgen: Woof.
    Goblins: We're almost like our real life counterparts! Only up to eleven!

Time wasted on grinding. More $$ for Blizzard.
    Deathwing: No! It cannot be! *Dies*
    Random Player: Lol! Too easy! Bad expansion!

Azeroth is invaded by the tyranids zerg and all life is eaten.
    Squats: Hey! We were supposed to be eaten first!
    Games Workshop sends Blizzard a cease and desist. Power struggle ensues.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Noch
    Cataclysm Storyline

Random Player: Twilight Hammer huh?
    Cultist: Yes.
    Random Player: Where are the sparkly vampires then?
    Cultist: We're not that kind of Twilight. Now go listen the prophet.
    C'thun/Cho'Gall: DOOOOOM.
    Random Player: Excu-.
    C'thun/Cho'Gall: DOOOOOOOM!
    Random Player: Right. I'm leaving.

Back in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

Random Player: Hey Thrall/Varian, this ogre guy, thing, something is going all DOOM on us.
    Thrall/Varian: Sorry, we've got more important things than End of the World as we know it. Like liberating Gnomeregan/Echo Isles from low leve mooks. Just leave them be.
    C'thun/Cho'Gall: DOOM!

In Elemental Plane of Earth.

Therazane: Neltharion! Get your fiery bum out of bed and go back home already! I've had enough with your freeloading.
    Deathwing: Fine!
    Deathwing goes back to Azeroth and creates an Earth Shattering Boom!
    Deathwing: Oops. Now where are my goblins.

Level grind to 85.
    Random Player: Lul green epics.
    Random Player #2: Too hard! Nerf!
    Worgen: Woof.
    Goblins: We're almost like our real life counterparts! Only up to eleven!

Time wasted on grinding. More $$ for Blizzard.
    Deathwing: No! It cannot be! *Dies*
    Random Player: Lol! Too easy! Bad expansion!
    Malfurion: You want the green pill or the tastes-like-shit-make-you-sick-forever-and-a-hello-kitty-fan-blue pill?
    Random Player on Drugs: WoW Dude look all these colours!!! Emerald Dream Rulez!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noch
    Azeroth is invaded by the tyranids zerg and all life is eaten.
    Squats: Hey! We were supposed to be eaten first!
    Games Workshop sends Blizzard a cease and desist. Power struggle ensues.

The End.

Zalazane is a level 10 non-elite. He was soloable at 10th level, even as an elite mob. Does Vol'jin really need our help?

I wonder how the fight for Gnomeregan is going to work, are they going to get rid of the instance first and then start the event?

The new overlay cloak idea reminds me alot of what goes on in Aion. The ability to fuse a graphic of an armor you like with the current stats of your best item. I really wish in the future they continue this so we could reuse weapon and armor models we have already rotting in our bags. I would love to be able to wear my warglaives and tier 6 again. WoW desperately needs some diversification in looks. I am tired of looking like everyone else :P

It would be cool if those stones are some kind of relic from every element, which we have to obtain and put in the matching things. And that the server must do it together somehow, maybe by fighting smaller avatars of the elemental lords whos attacking orgrimmar/IF and thats why they need to rebuild it.

Talking about the quests I believe that it will be some sort of event, the last one with Zol'hin in the top and that you will only need to help, this way you can do it as a low lvld man.

Deleted

SWEET.

Look at those weird crystals. Air, Earth, Water and Fire.

Can't wait for this.

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmm... Mechano-tanks. With an ejection system, legs and guns. We are talking about mechs here right??
    For the Emperor.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster
    How far away can Cataclysm be?
    At any given time, you can be certain that Cataclysm (as in the actual expansion hitting the stores) is at least 6 months away if the beta hasn't started yet.

They will not have the beta running for less than 6 months.

So currently, the earliest you can expect the Xpac to hit is early fall. My guess is that it will hit in November just like Wrath did (and that BC was planned to hit, although they screwed it up and got it delayed).

Can't wait :L
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Chozo
    I wonder how the fight for Gnomeregan is going to work, are they going to get rid of the instance first and then start the event?
    Doesn't it state we help them "reclaim the surface"? Means they can leave the actual instance intact.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Fresh from Sigrie, Jepetto and his assistant are selling "new" stuff:

Tiny Blue Ragdoll, a blue version of the green one, though even that item seems to be re-done, for whatever reason.
    Blue Crashin' Thrashin' Racer Controller, another blue recolor, behaves like the original one from 2008's Winter Veil and can battle with that one, but crashes gained don't count towards Crashin' & Thrashin' - at least not now, who knows.
    And finally, Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot, copy of 2007's Winter Veil present, again they do battle with each other no matter the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Overcloaks... the sortof technical thing that Blizz is doing there makes me hope against hope that someday we'll be able to display the graphics of armor we have, and want to display, while retaining the stats and bonuses of our current armor sets.
    Actually, this overcloak sounds more like another type of tabard. Nothing hints at "overgloves" or "overshoulders".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Overcloaks... the sortof technical thing that Blizz is doing there makes me hope against hope that someday we'll be able to display the graphics of armor we have, and want to display, while retaining the stats and bonuses of our current armor sets.
    This whole entire feature would have to come with a function that automatically cancels the mirage of the other gear when queuing into PvP scenarios (and to a lesser extent, random dungeons (can you imagine how fast you'd get kicked after zoning into a random dungeon if the other people looked at you and saw pre-WotLK gear?)). It would be rather frustrating to zone into a BG/Arena to see the other players/team "wearing" S5 gear and they then proceed to wipe the floor with you.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account

That was one of the nicest things AION had (except the destruction part).... want it for WoW so I can finally dig out my old sets!

10+ Year Old Account

Love the overcloak idea, and I really regret ever changing to Alliance... I want the Horde quests with da Trolls mon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by marrefar
    Love the overcloak idea, and I really regret ever changing to Alliance... I want the Horde quests with da Trolls mon!
    You be not alone mon'!

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...daymessage.jpg
    Just noticed that it says "SALES" at the top of the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Chozo
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...daymessage.jpg
    Just noticed that it says "SALES" at the top of the sign.
    inb4: over 9000 other people mentioning they "just noticed" it. (look back 2 pages or so, it's pretty obvious)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?