Thread: A happy Moonkin

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A happy Moonkin

Too many threads here about how much of a dps loss is the fights where you have to move. How bad Moonkins are in pvp. How bad Moonkins are in terms of dps. Well i just felt the need to say i am more than happy with my moonkin the way it is :-) There are so many times during a fight i feel so more useful than any other class that having a quiet smaller dps to other classes is really not that important for me! Cheers everyone :-)

Re: A happy Moonkin

I gotta agree here. Most Moonkin threads just talk about how we're only better off than Ele Shaman, yet I somehow manage to be consistently the top or second dpser in raids. I know I know I'm just playing with baddies and I outgear them right, but I personally don't have much room to complain. When we bring the A-team I'm included, and tossing out raid-saving brezzes, innervates, and Tranquilities is always a nice ego boost.
    Of course I'll take free buffs if Blizz is offering.

Right about now though the only thing that would really make me explode with joy is to finally get those new forms we were promised....

The people complaining about moonkin being bad dps are just not pushing their buttons hard enough. Moonkin are members of the 10k+ dps club.

so is almost every other dps class/spec (except sub rogues, frost mages, BM hunters, let me know if i've left anything out)

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Tree Slap dps.

can you point me to a log of a druid doing 10k dps on a non gimmick fight,

i'm not calling you out, i just want to see the gear required and the rotation being used

i done 9.7k in 10man saurfang the other day, i'll post the log when the guy doing the parse actually decides to upload it... was sitting on 10k for most of the fight and only dropped when i went 6 wraths without an eclipse proc =(

edit: that included killing 1x add pretty much by myself every time as well

btw: lol@ my second sig that isnt actually my character and i have no idea how it even got to be that guy i'll change it when i get home

The Moonkin Repository

Moonkins can't do 10k period,
    unless you play with some shitty ass players, lol

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&cn=Eternix

Quote Originally Posted by Eternix
    troll more mmkai...

The Moonkin Repository

How do bad players increase your dps?

/headscratch

10+ Year Old Account

and this is why u fail, ive seen lappe (paragons boomkin) do 10k and a little over on 25 man saurfang but then again boomkins doing that kind of dps just depends on the length of the fight. for example the one i just said about lappe was a 2:30 (this was normal mode of course). tho on a fight like 25 man lich king you will probably be doing 8k tops if your doing it right.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by elbouli

i'm not calling you out, i just want to see the gear required and the rotation being used
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6kcee...?s=2983&e=3188

There ya go =). That is our Deathwhisper kill. By the end I was hitting just over 10k.

Not exactly the best fight, but there are a few other WoL's in there. I healed a few fights and died a lot that night, so many aren't accurate. You can go back to last week or whatever, there are some better examples there.

Edit: I did almost 9k on Saurfang if you want to look at that fight as well. Blood Queen I was bit last so sad face =(.

This was on a festergut, and I had some bad eclipse cycles. You just don't know crap. Also why would playing with shitty players increase your dps?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...=11428&e=11688

Quote Originally Posted by Moosqueaks
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6kcee...?s=2983&e=3188

There ya go =). That is our Deathwhisper kill. By the end I was hitting just over 10k.

Not exactly the best fight, but there are a few other WoL's in there. I healed a few fights and died a lot that night, so many aren't accurate. You can go back to last week or whatever, there are some better examples there.

Edit: I did almost 9k on Saurfang if you want to look at that fight as well. Blood Queen I was bit last so sad face =(.
    blood queen is a gimmick fight lol...

The Moonkin Repository

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    blood queen is a gimmick fight lol...
    That is the link to my Deathwhisper kill. I added the Blood Queen comment just as a "fyi."

i know =D i keep getting bitten last as well

but thats not the problem i have in 10s, its that i keep getting bitten! lol i want my achievement xD

The Moonkin Repository

Deleted

Blank statements like that will just mark you as a troll. If you haven't had the pleasure of playing with a competent moonkin, then sorry. But that doesn't mean you should disregard them so easely.

This is a weeks old Deathwhisper log with my old guild: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=4032&e=4295

To be fair, Deathwhisper is no more than a few minutes of fighting, but its the closest we get to a stand and nuke fight. Unless, ofcourse, you consider..

.. Saurfang. I was on add duty, mind you: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=2503&e=2687. Pulling 9,7k DPS.

I have to say its rare that I'm over 10k at least, and only a few select non-gimmicked fights where it is possible... But I'm fairly certain I've done 10k on Deathwhisper, saurfang, festergut (my turn to stand in melee range :P), northrend beasts and jaraxxus. It requires some luck with rng though.
    In my 10man I'm usually nr 2 after a mage pulling 12k and in front of lock, hunter, elem shammy and fury warr in that order.

Standing still and nuking, moonkins can definitally hold their own concidering the other utilities we bring... Wouldnt mind a small buff to movement fights + lessen rng elements a little.

Quote Originally Posted by elbouli

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c...ps/drd/9/0/3/3
    Normal mode meters are a bit slacky for me as we havent done those for a while... for obvious reasons

so shitty players increase dps... I need a new guild...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.