Was it wasted or used just right?

So I was doing randoms today I did UK and AN and i noticed that the atmosphere and the depth of lore in those places were very deep. The problem is that were some places used so little. Like when blizz said that there was going to be a raid in UK i was pumped but nothing happened even though the place was huge and had potential and had ties with the LK.... but instead they put a place with zilch to no little ties with the LK (ulduar) so what are your opinions did they use so little with the LK even though they said he was going to be a larger part of the story or he was used to little

Re: Was it wasted or used just right?

Quote Originally Posted by Welxros
    So I was doing randoms today I did UK and AN and i noticed that the atmosphere and the depth of lore in those places were very deep. The problem is that were some places used so little. Like when blizz said that there was going to be a raid in UK i was pumped but nothing happened even though the place was huge and had potential and had ties with the LK.... but instead they put a place with zilch to no little ties with the LK (ulduar) so what are your opinions did they use so little with the LK even though they said he was going to be a larger part of the story or he was used to little
    If you can source that, I'd be pretty convinced that UK will be the non tier raid to tie us over until cat.

10+ Year Old Account

I personaly loved ulduar, but i somewhat agree. A Utgarde keep or azjol nerub raid would have fit the expansion better, and then do ulduar in cata. Even though cata is about elements/deathwing and such, we are going to uldum, so why not have some sort of story line like: we must discover the secret weapon of uldum, and use the technologies of ulduar to help us kill/stop/defeat deathwing.

All in all, i like wotlk, so ill be able to live with not having the ability to go back in time and change stuff for this topic at least.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere before WotLK was released that they said they were gonna put in an Utgarde Keep raid.

They were also going to have Azjol-Nerub as one, big underground zone, but both were apparently scrapped.
    Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

... saronite ...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    If you can source that, I'd be pretty convinced that UK will be the non tier raid to tie us over until cat.

Eurogamer: What can you tell us about the dungeons in Lich King?

Jeff Kaplan: As was the case with The Burning Crusade, there will be dungeons to fit each level from 70 to 80. In fact, fans of that kind of gameplay will have been able to level up simply by playing through instances.

We're going to offer more ten-character party instances from the start. Some of them will feature different areas depending on the level of the players. For example that's the case with Utgard Keep, which has a wing reserved for level 70 players and another one for the level 80 - as well as an instance for a 25-character raid.

10+ Year Old Account

I would have LOVED to see an Utgarde raid. They should have given us that instead of ToC. I've always been intrigued by the Vrykul and I really am disappointed we never got our Utgarde Raid.

I guess it's just like the Emerald Dream of vanilla. We were told since beta we'd have an Emerald Dream raid and you can still see what they developed of the 40 man Emerald Dream raid in your files, but sadly we never got it.

10+ Year Old Account

Utgarde Keep and other Vyrkul architecture keeps amazing me. It's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    Utgarde Keep and other Vyrkul architecture keeps amazing me. It's wonderful.
    All hail Viking culture

blizzard say they want to do a lot of things. most of which never happen. just look at ashzara - the primary example of a completely failed zone.

on topic, a nerubian raid would've fit this xpac perfectly. gotta say I'm happy not to have had a vrykul raid - the bosses would either be vrykul, or valk'yr, the 1st being a bit boring for a raid boss (we already defeated most of their top generals during the Banshee's revenge quest chain), and the 2nd being used extensively in ICC and ToC.

and yeah TOC was crap.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Deleted

Ulduar is fine, as it ties in with the whole saronite lore.

And I am surprised you didn't call out TotC. Even if T9 should have been the final raid tier, they should have made an AN raid instead of that piece of dung.

And the UK themed raid should have been ICC. Not this regurgitated Naxx that we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    blizzard say they want to do a lot of things. most of which never happen. just look at ashzara - the primary example of a completely failed zone.
    Agree. But they are redoing that in Cata as a Goblin stronghold.

on topic, a nerubian raid would've fit this xpac perfectly. gotta say I'm happy not to have had a vrykul raid - the bosses would either be vrykul, or valk'yr, the 1st being a bit boring for a raid boss (we already defeated most of their top generals during the Banshee's revenge quest chain), and the 2nd being used extensively in ICC and ToC.
    Agree.

and yeah TOC was crap.
    Disagree very strongly. I like ToC/ToGC just fine. ICC is sprawling, so I like that the previous raid can still be run efficiently on non-raid days to fill out holes in one's gear.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Well whole Northrend was based around Norse Mythology. And from the beginning-area's to the endgame-area's you were shown all these things related to the Makers, the ancients and the iron dwarfs. Ulduar was the final thing related to that "questline". Utgarde Keep finalised the whole Vrykul-thing in Howling Fjord as the Nexus finalised the whole thing in Borean.
    Sure it would have been cool if Utgarde had an extra dungeon, maybe a raid.. though we killed King Ymiron in a 5man, I don't know what we'd expect for a raid. Maybe a lich-Ymiron?

As for Azol-Nerub, I *personally* hate the entire nerubian-stuff, but that's just me. Blizzard said they did wanted to continue with it somehow, so I don't know if that's just blind ambition or if that's really gonna happen. I do however much rather like to see a Nerubian-raid/instance than another troll-raid :P

But yeah, a lot of dungeons had(and still have) the potential for raids.

I am for one a great fan of the Cavern of Time and still, to this day, like the Culling I'd love another set of dungeons or maybe another raid.

So no... it's not wasted Just done right.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally I hate Utgarde Keep...
    I hate Howling Fjord as well. The architecture and atmosphere just isn't for me.
    Azjol-Nerub would have been awesome. But since I've always been a fan of troll architecture and atmosphere, where is my Gun'drak raid??

So many things left unused this expansion... I really consider it to be the weakest part of WoW despite all the cool stuff we got.
    No Azjol-Nerub, no Gun'drak, no Utgarde Keep raids and an entire (beautifull) zone that is basically just there for Dalaran and furthermore left untouched.
    I mean, why put something as shitty as Trial of the Crusader in the game when there could have been done lots of better things?
    What is worth fighting for?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Burning Crusade also had a lot of potential. The entire game has that. And that's why it's such a big universe.

I personally do think its sad that only a few quests took place in CrystalSong forest.

Ruby Sanctum is the new one, we will know if there is a next raid after we clear that beast. I am sure if there is another raid before Cat that they will give hints to what it is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Ruby Sanctum is the new one, we will know if there is a next raid after we clear that beast. I am sure if there is another raid before Cat that they will give hints to what it is in there.
    I do remember you posting a lot that cata would be released in summer...
    Ok we got ruby sanctum but its a cata related raid because the wotlk story has been told.

True there is a lot of potential stuff unused and it's really sad.
    But tbh, I wouldn't want to kill AN/UK after the lich king?

The only possible raid woul be trolls, but i don't think blizz would try that since a lot of players would hate them for that.

Well i think Nerubians would fit next xpack 2.AS we know they are "brothers" of Qiraji.
    So imagine after we found out that some old god wants uldum wepon,Qiraji helps him take it and then we fail 2 stop him.Then Bran goes to Monolith thingy and finds out that Faceless ones are attacking nerubians.Then we go there and see old god is trying 2 take
    nerubians down so they could take artifact that activates wepon.So y then we enter Azjol and kick some old god-faceless one but ;D

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

There were 3 main stories in WotLK that the majority of quests were related to:

-The war with Malygos
    -The Argent Crusade and the Lich King
    -Titans

IMO the Lich King got plenty. If any story needed more support and more "epic" in it, it was the Malygos story by far. If they had done more raids I'd have hoped they had made it relate to that and saved Malygos as an end boss of a larger raid instead of a single boss fight.