Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So I just solo tanked Toravon10

Well we couldn't find a second tank for VoA, so I said "I can try to solo tank it. It might not work, but we can try." The group as a whole didn't seem to happy, but we tried and invited another DPS.

My strategy was to bubble at 9 stacks, click off, and continue tanking it until the end. It worked, but turns out 9 stacks is a little low when solo tanking him. In the end, the fight as 144 seconds long, and I ended it with 19 stacks taking almost 40k damage every two seconds, and absorbing about 15k of that per proc.

Anyone else tried this and succeeded? has anyone who isn't a paladin tried this and succeeded? Has anyone tried this on 25man and succeeded?

My armory, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r=vashj&n=vask

I'd like to hear your stories about weird Toravon raid compositions.

Edit: Recount damage taken: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/841...onsolotank.png

Re: So I just solo tanked Toravon10

Incoming tank trolls who think paladin tanks are OP since none of them can execute this strategy
    Saving for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyro
    Incoming tank trolls who think paladin tanks are OP since none of them can execute this strategy
    well it is true.. they are op.. >.>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

I single tank this fight and sindragosa on 10man.. 3 words. frost resist set...
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

I would like to see the healing meters for that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesavers
    well it is true.. they are op.. >.>
    My socks are also op.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix
    I would like to see the healing meters for that fight.
    I probably still have them. You just want the healing done and HPS? Or the graph like I had for damage taken?

GZ for your healers.

Riveting.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

if anything you had amazing healers, I wouldn't brag about doing it, but brag about the healing :P

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

My Guilds MT did this and he's a druid. It's honestly not that hard in 10 man.

You're disc priest was amazing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Honestly, it's a collective raid 'achievement' for solo tank. Your healers have to be good enough to heal through all the massive damage you will be taking later on, you (as tank) will need to be good enough and have the right gear to take as minimal damage as possible while extending the amount of time til your 1shotted (by having lots of HP), and your dps have to kill the boss fast enough to not allow the stackable debuff to get high enough to one shot you (or overwhelm the healers)

From the three roles in a raid, if I had to give props it would be to the healers first, then the dps, then the tank.

IMO.

so you basically had 2 beacons of light on you with the priest doing what he does

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    Honestly, it's a collective raid 'achievement' for solo tank. Your healers have to be good enough to heal through all the massive damage you will be taking later on, you (as tank) will need to be good enough and have the right gear to take as minimal damage as possible while extending the amount of time til your 1shotted (by having lots of HP), and your dps have to kill the boss fast enough to not allow the stackable debuff to get high enough to one shot you (or overwhelm the healers)

From the three roles in a raid, if I had to give props it would be to the healers first, then the dps, then the tank.

IMO.
    Oh god yes, I know. I really have to give props to the healers. My main point of the post was to inform people that it IS possible to solo-tank it, as a paladin anyways.

Also, unless you have very good non-PUG DPS, oh pally tanks, I'd recommend using DS at about 15 or so stacks instead of the 9 I did.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    so you basically had 2 beacons of light on you with the priest doing what he does
    We only had two healers. So one beacon, broski.

Deleted

We solo tanked it on 25 man yesterday, because the tank was bored. Just after we killed deathbringer, we won WG, so we decided to go kill tora as a guild and get it done. Our MT decided to be a dick and taunt back off the OT straight away.

Obviously, being our main 25-man raid team, our DPS was pretty good, so he only ended up with 18 stacks. Having a DoT ticking for 70% of your tank's HP if fun tho, we had 2 paladins and me (disc priest) spamming him for the last half of the fight.

Yes, the tank was a paladin, no he didn't bubble off the stacks at all(he almost died because one of the pallys stopped spamming him after tora was dead) no he wasn't using frost resist gear, just his normal ICC tanking set, complete with DMC:Greatness and Death's Verdict for threat.

I didn't take a screenshot, but I looked at recount afterwards and saw that the tank took over 1.5 million healing.

Ardent Defender is insane when you solo-tank that. Constant barkskin, thank you very much?

If you and your raid are rocking ICC 25 gear it means he's dying really fast. Nothing too special here.

Grats I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    If you and your raid are rocking ICC 25 gear it means he's dying really fast. Nothing too special here.

Grats I suppose.
    Just wanted to come back and confirm that our guild can't get passed Fester on 25 or Rotface on 10 as of now. /cough

Thank you. :>