Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Always seem to be OOM

When healing on my druid i seem to go oom very quickly and im not sure why this happens would appreciate any suggestions on why this may be happening.

Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dgar&cn=Sinech

80 Holy pala
    80 resto druid

Re: Always seem to be OOM

First off: What is the % up time you get with replenishment in your raids? If it is less than 100% then your raid needs more people providing the buff.

How soon are you using your innervate? You should be using it around 70% mana. If you find yourself forgetting about it, then get a mod like Mikscrolling battle text, power auras, ect... and program it to spam in your face when you reach 70% mana. If you use innervate at 70%, it should be back up again around 20-30% mana. If you need mana after this point then that is when i usually drink a mana potion.

Gear-wise you should be perfectly fine on mana regen. You might consider grabbing the emblem of frost trinket, it is a pretty significant upgrade to Sif's remembrance.

Does your guild keep any sort of World of Logs account? A parse of a fight or two that you are having trouble on would help diagnose the problem a lot better than going down the list of potential issues. It could be a case of you doing more healing than any druid's mana pool can sustain; either because your other healers are slacking, you want to be superman, or you simply need another healer in the mix to take the pressure off of you. the rest of your raid is taking a ton of unnecessary damage that you are forced to deal with. The DPS might be slow causing the fight to go longer than your mana pool can sustain. Ect...

The only thing you might consider changing with your gear is the rapid rejuv glyph. If you are having mana issues, then this glyph definitely isn't for you. Also look into replacing your boots, cape, and necklace. There is a few higher iLvl haste necklaces out there along with 2 pairs of craftable haste boots, your cape will be another story. Try to grab the one out of TOC25, or the one from Deathbringer Saurfang 25. If all else fails, then grab the emblem of frost cape; the crit rating is less than ideal, but the SP gain would pretty easily outweigh the loss of haste rating compared to your current cape.

Probably going to say much the same as Cerelli, but anyway...

Your gear seems fine, although personally I'd take 4T9.245 over 2T10.251/2T9.245. But either way, the only things that could be causing you to go OOM is not having Replenishment, not using Innervate early enough, or using a very inefficient healing strategy (like constantly rolling 3xLB).

As Cerelli mentioned, a World of Logs (or similar) report would almost certainly reveal why you're going OOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    But either way, the only things that could be causing you to go OOM is not having Replenishment, not using Innervate early enough, or using a very inefficient healing strategy (like constantly rolling 3xLB).
    This is about the only possible answer. And while it may not account for a lot, not having a Wisdom might cause a few issues (although, it shouldn't be a make it or break it type thing). The first thing that came to my mind in particular was the rolling LBs.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

What spells are you using

are you rolling LB on the tanks huge mana killer
    are you using regrowth on anyone otherthan the tanks also a huge mana killer
    other than that i never run out of mana and i dont spec into living spirit but i always use a mojo flask
    I use rejuv regrowth on tanks nourish if a raid need a big heal SM on myself or tanks as needed and WG on every CD and i other than fights like festergut i usualy can use my intervate on our ele shammen
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Roshney
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Velynara
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Shalischa

Although it might not be a lot, when running out of mana every little bit helps. Have you tried taking three points out of living seed and putting them, instead, into revitalize? Most people will say I'm crazy, but on a 4 minute 30 second Festergut kill, I get anywhere from 4000-8000 mana back. Logs

Also, rolling lifebloom on a tank is something that will eat your mana like no one's business. You may feel it necessary, but that is why you have tank healers.

However, if you see a fight is about over but you're running out of mana quick and there's a lot of raid damage going out, one thing I like to do is lifebloom the people taking damage. It will heal them, and after the lifebloom pops it ends up being cheaper than rejuv. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Trod
    It's actually not that bad. The MPSC of Regrowth isn't much different to Rejuv or Nourish.

15+ Year Old Account

European armory is down so i cant see what you're working with. But I'll give you this tip:

I run MSBT (Mik's Scolling Battle Text), there are others but I use this. Set yourself up a trigger to warn you when you hit 70% mana. You can just copy the Low mana warning trigger thats default if you aren't sure how to do this. At 70% have a warning that says "INNERVATE"

It may seem silly but when you are watching healthbars, avoiding fire etc it can really help you get off an early innervate and ensure that it is up again when you are low mana again later on.

Also look into where you are spending mana as others in this thread have discussed.

Honestly, Regrowth is an amazing heal that is often underestimated; if you're raid healing, I'd suggest throwing one out whenever you get a clearcasting up. A 26 second HoT on a fight with constant aoe damage (Festergut, BQL, etc) is amazing; especially if you can hit someone who's already at half health with it.

OT: If you're having mana issues, I'd suggest watching for clearcasting procs whenever possible and using Lifebloom when you can during them. It's a free 400 mana and it deals a healthy amount of healing, basically giving you 3/4 of a rejuv or another free lifebloom. Just a suggestion though, I know a lot of people are too busy staring at Grid or w/e to bother watching for procs.
    I tell you what though. The next time your little sister loses her dolly in the neighbor's yard, and he punches her in the throat, don't call the cops. He has a sign on his lawn that says "this is a PvP lawn, noob, gtfo lol". ~Fenixdown

What spells are you using

are you rolling LB on the tanks huge mana killer
    other than that i never run out of mana and i dont spec into living spirit but i always use a mojo flask
    I use rejuv regrowth on tanks nourish if a raid need a big heal SM on myself or tanks as needed and WG on every CD and i other than fights like festergut i usualy can use my intervate on our ele shammen
    Ele shaman oom? triple /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosy
    Ele shaman oom? triple /facepalm
    yes, the new lava blast resto druid spec is a mana hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    yes, the new lava blast resto druid spec is a mana hog.
    He's referring to the fact that HIS quoted post says "use innervate on our Ele Shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

touche

I can't see your gear since armory is down but most druids i know never bother with spirit when it comes to gems (not saying stack spirit) but most resto druids will gem striaght sp over using any spirit to get a socket bonus. However what I wills say is tha my resto druid friend gemmed max spirit when ever possible due to the gain through talents and i have yet to see any healer of any type in his same gear level out heal him he was always most healing done and least over heals.

wow i have to disagree with most of this regrowth should never be used in cast time it takes longer than a rejuv/nourish and the hot of a rejuv is far more (4k crits with 4p t9 50% of the time)and the instant heal of a nourish is far greater (12k crit is highest so far) regrowth crits for 8 k and no crits on tics especially if your specced in to living seed i only use regrowth on the tanks and than on at times festergut phase 3 marrorgar right before he comes out of bone storm giveing me time to get back into place and thats but healing is always a play style preference but i am almost always at the top of the healing charts

wow i have to disagree with most of this regrowth should never be used in cast time it takes longer than a rejuv/nourish and the hot of a rejuv is far more (4k crits with 4p t9 50% of the time)and the instant heal of a nourish is far greater (12k crit is highest so far) regrowth crits for 8 k and no crits on tics especially if your specced in to living seed i only use regrowth on the tanks and than on at times festergut phase 3 marrorgar right before he comes out of bone storm giveing me time to get back into place and thats but healing is always a play style preference but i am almost always at the top of the healing charts
    This is my reason of thinking, too. The only time I regrowth is on tanks whenever I know there will be huge tank damage and little raid damage (IE, at the beginning of phase 3 Putrid, 90% Fester, and generally right before a fight starts when the tank healers have to move into position). Regrowth takes way too long to cast for an extremely lackluster hot as far as raid healing. In my gear, rejuv ticks for 3500 average, and with 4pc t10 giving me an extra GCD per 8 rejuvs, the opportunity cost of regrowth is massive.

I see your using Glyph of Rapid Rejuv... which can drain your mana since your casting it more often. And I would have to agree with the above posters that Regrowth should only be used on tanks with a few other exceptions, such as on a fight like blood queen *if* your regrowth is a 1 sec cast (most likely only with heroism). If you really want a specific reason as to why you oom we will need a combat parse from WoL or something.

wow i have to disagree with most of this regrowth should never be used in cast time it takes longer than a rejuv/nourish
    Minor clarification, but it takes longer than one, not both. I only point this out because I often see people suggesting doing both (or Rejuv+Swiftmend) which in fact costs more time for little gain.

and the hot of a rejuv is far more (4k crits with 4p t9 50% of the time)
    If you've got 50% crit when raid buffed you're doing something wrong...

and the instant heal of a nourish is far greater (12k crit is highest so far)
    Only if you've got HoTs already on the target, which for raid members needing a direct heal you likely don't, and if you did you'd probably go with Swiftmend instead of Nourish or Regrowth.

Personally I agree with Telmenari - Regrowth is a very good raid heal for certain situations, and as I pointed out earlier it's no less mana efficient than Rejuv or Nourish.

Get the Glyph of Innervate.

This might get me flamed but: replace Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation. It is a nice glyph but not essential.

Glyph of Innervate is so great and really gives you a lot of mana back.

I agree that Revitalize is worth it. In fact, even if you were not going oom you should pick it up because it benefits the raid a lot, especially DKs, rogues, kitties and dps warriors. I would drop Living Seed. You should not be tank healing. Alternatively, you could drop celestial focus, especially if you can pick up a bit more haste.

Also, let Lifebloom bloom. Only use Regrowth in emergencies (if you are healing the tank then your raid leader has failed in the set up) and dont spam wild growth on every cd, however much fun it is

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    I see your using Glyph of Rapid Rejuv... which can drain your mana since your casting it more often. And I would have to agree with the above posters that Regrowth should only be used on tanks with a few other exceptions, such as on a fight like blood queen *if* your regrowth is a 1 sec cast (most likely only with heroism). If you really want a specific reason as to why you oom we will need a combat parse from WoL or something.
    Wow this i didnt realize could very well be the case i switched to it last night and allthough i saw a descent increase in heals i was ooming bigtime

And as a side note to degrader you are just wrong on all counts(other than yes im sorry im not 50% crit but pretty damn close to half my tics are crits) imo as is evident buy most the other posters agreeing with me but feel free to disagree