Uncapped Expertise, how severe?

I got my hands on the Coldwraith Links belt, Since I had a bloodbath girlde, I lose quite a bit of Expertise.

Is it worth to uncap Expertise to use that Belt?

Armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Batol&n=Ildur

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Uncapped Expertise, how severe?

a lot of ICC items have expertise on them, just gem expertise as a temporary solution.
    lowskill Engrish

you are capped on armory so it seems like you already found a solution.

with these quick upgrades its annoying as hell to keep juggling a stat like expertise around. Yet they dont remove expertise from cataclysm go figure.
    Just shift some rings, necks etc around to stay as close to the cap as possible.

personally I see a weapon upgrade in the near future that will drop ramaladni from my offhand. Where am I gonna get 91 expertise from :<

I'm seeing 26 expertise so you are fine there.

However i did notice you 320 hit when you only need 164 yet you are using "mark of supremacy" which has 128 hit. You are also sitting on 92% ArP. If you replace Mark with "Banner Of Victory" and eat some ArP food or take a flask you'll be at the cap and see a huge dps increase.

The answer to your question is , Its not severe. I am currently running 21/21 expertise and about 1 swing per boss in ICC 25 gets dodged. It is well worth it especially if you are able to ARP cap in return. I have heard guys dropping as low as 16/16 for arp cap.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Yeah, I found a solution by swapping out my Bear Claw Bracers for the Vambraces from Jaraxxus.

But if with 21 Expertise only a couple of attacks are dodged (ill test tonight n the raid), I guess The Bracers will produce better end dps.

I'd recommend using Landsouls Spreadsheet... It does a really good job calculating Strength Equivalent Points, and you can see if it would be worth it to gem expertise.

There was a time where I really worried about expertise, but I am currently sitting at only 5.25% without expertise food and can still pump out 9-12k TPS on any boss fight. I will definitely be boosting my expertise, but I am in no real rush.

If you can still hold agro off everyone in your raid then I wouldn't worry too much. Rhinolicious Wormsteak is handy for those times where you wanna bump it up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Broontank
    There was a time where I really worried about expertise, but I am currently sitting at only 5.25% without expertise food and can still pump out 9-12k TPS on any boss fight. I will definitely be boosting my expertise, but I am in no real rush.

If you can still hold agro off everyone in your raid then I wouldn't worry too much. Rhinolicious Wormsteak is handy for those times where you wanna bump it up a bit
    ... Did you even read anything thats been said here? He's worried about being uncapped as dps... not prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest
    Thanks everyone for your answers.

Yeah, I found a solution by swapping out my Bear Claw Bracers for the Vambraces from Jaraxxus.

But if with 21 Expertise only a couple of attacks are dodged (ill test tonight n the raid), I guess The Bracers will produce better end dps.

You'll have better dps with the expertise cap, because you are already so far over hit cap that the extra strength and socket you gain from PBC bracers aren't worth it. It's the difference of having mainhand specials be dodged once in a while, or getting a few more white hits with your offhand. Mainhand specials are far more dps.