Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mihir's "Fix my Feral DPS Gear" thread

YES! get the 4 piece. The 4 piece is about a 600 DPS increase no matter how you look at it. it is THAT good. if you have another trinket, say the trinket from Lady Deathwisper from 10 man, use that instead. Other than that, you should probably get the badge idol afterwards. having 220 almost static agility is very nice and goes hand-in-hand with the 4 piece.

Hi Mihir,

I've been reading MMO Champ forums for abit now,never got around to registering though.Your thread and dedication
    at helping other kitties out there has sparked my interest in doing so.Would really appreciate it if you could offer some advice on what would be the next best thing to do with my current gear.

Here is a link of my armory;
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...las&cn=Drewitt

I currently have about 170ish frost emblems,and can get my 4p anytime.(Hands and leggings).Would doing that,and getting the Ifkrus's Sack of wonder,be a good idea?

Also,with my stats,should i push for arp hardcap,or continue gemming Agi?

Would really appreciate your help/or anyone else's,thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lnnocuous
    Hi Mihir,

I've been reading MMO Champ forums for abit now,never got around to registering though.Your thread and dedication
    at helping other kitties out there has sparked my interest in doing so.Would really appreciate it if you could offer some advice on what would be the next best thing to do with my current gear.

I currently have about 170ish frost emblems,and can get my 4p anytime.(Hands and leggings).Would doing that,and getting the Ifkrus's Sack of wonder,be a good idea?

Would really appreciate your help/or anyone else's,thanks
    Your gear looks pretty good. Like I keep saying, the 4-piece is godly and should be the first thing a feral kitty tries to get. In your case, the best combo is actually to get the chest and legs next. It looks like your guild can kill rotface, so I would say try to get the leather gloves from 25 Rotface as your off-set item. This will probably put you over the armor penetration soft cap, so I would say to switch out your mark for something else (your already WAY over hit-cap as it is), such as the trinket from 10man Lady Deathwisper, DMV, or DMC:Greatness or a combination of the two. With you going to be over the soft cap, you might want to start aiming for Armor Penetration Hard Cap. It's up to you if you want to go straight ArP (with a Nightmare tear for the meta requirement) or to gem for hit.

If you want to be sure, I would suggest checking out the program RAWR for further gear suggestions.

Thanks for the quick reply,Hina

Yes I do agree with you that the 4piece bonus is the next thing I should go for.Your comments have mirrored some of my thoughts;I've been deciding between using Ifkrus's Sack of wonder/Aldrinna's Glove of Secrecy as my off piece.Now I have a clearer idea on what to use instead.

I've been trying to replace Mark for weeks,but no DV/Whispering Fanged Skull's been dropping at all,lol.Tough luck there I'll probably take your advice for it (I've read elsewhere that the BIS for hands would be the one from Rotface)

Once again thanks for everything

Had a pretty good last two weeks and I'm 90% set on what my BIS is going to be, but I figured what the heck, I'll post here and get some opinions on my current setup/options.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Sm%C3%B5key

That is my current setup, 4p Sanc with the Heroic Offset gloves. Got Distant Land heroic this week (was using Bloodfall heroic, yeah I'ma dick), WFS Heroic and a few other things. As it stands, my plan is to get Band of the Bone Collosus Heroic and the bracers from Saurfang 25 Heroic or Non, doesn't matter.

Most would assume that I should pickup DBW right away, and in most cases I would agree. Here is my reasoning for putting it off. With current gear and hit rating limitations, if I regemmed every 20 Agi to 20 Arp and then ate ArP food, I'd be at just 1100 rating. Seems a bit low to me to be going for hardcap.

Another reason I dont mind passing it, there's a few other DPS in my guild that I know would benefit more from it as they would be at 95%+ Armor Pen, opposed to my 70% ish. I'm confident DBW will come in time, but for now Ring/Bracers are my priority. Anyone see something I'm missing/doing wrong? Any opinions are always welcome, I like a good druid debate.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dekk
    My turn please!
    I only have like 30 frost emblems and I don't know what to get next... pants... cloak... trink...
    I just joined a new guild [never done 25iccs before so I joined this guild] and I have no DKP... so I doubt I could get DBW soon... or a weapon...
    I pull a solid 8k or so!

Dekk - Durotan
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...urotan&cn=Dekk

Tyvm!
    As Auroro said, you forgot to activate your meta gem, you need at least 1 blue gem. Best way is to put a nightmare tear in the blue socket in your pants. What upgrade to get next is a bit hard to say.. you don't have enough arpen to see much of an increase if you dropped the scorpion for the war token, so it's probably best to stay at the softcap for now (involves quite a bit of regemming tho, since you are about 200 arpen above softcap atm). Cloak is a small upgrade as well, T10 legs are only an upgrade if you have the gloves Auroro mentioned to replace your T10 gloves with. Deathbringer10 gloves also work for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theories
    I have a question about 4pcT10. I am 4 badges away from getting my t10 helm and shoulders which would give me the 4pc bonus, but I do not have DBW and am a few people off from getting it (I've only seen it drop twice, so it may be a ways off). Do I go ahead and equip my 4pcT10, and since that will put me over the soft cap switch my runestone back to my DMC:G?

Armory is down atm, so here is a link to my wow-heroes:
    http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...gg&name=rumors

Thank you!
    Just adjust your gemming abit so you are at the softcap again with 4T10 equipped. Put 10agi+10haste in most yellow sockets, nightmare tear in the blue socket in your weapon, and 20 arpen in the remaining red/blue/prismatic sockets. With arpen food and the 2 new T10 pieces you should end up at 740 arpen, which is 5 over the softcap.
    Also, never put 44ap enchant on gloves, 20agi or 20hit are always better.

Quote Originally Posted by lnnocuous
    Hi Mihir,

I've been reading MMO Champ forums for abit now,never got around to registering though.Your thread and dedication at helping other kitties out there has sparked my interest in doing so.Would really appreciate it if you could offer some advice on what would be the next best thing to do with my current gear.

First thing, please get rid of that hit trinket, it makes my eyes hurt Darkmoon Card: Greatness (agi) is about 3x better, and very cheap to get from the AH, or just buy the frost emblem trinket (after you get 4T10).

Try to get 4T10 as fast as you can, it's a massive dps increase. The Ikfirus chest is something you can't really use atm tho, tbh it's more of a tanking chest than a dps chest. Better stick with your current chest and get T10 legs and gloves.

If you use arpen food, you need to adjust your gemming so that you have 681 arpen unbuffed, so you will be at 721 with food which is 1 below the soft cap. Put agi+hit gems in the yellow sockets, and a mix of 20agi and 20arpen gems in the red and blue sockets. Nightmare tear could go in the blue socket in your chest.

15+ Year Old Account

Mih, I would post my druid's gear, but I've been gearing for bear until recently so I'm just now gearing for kitty (besides a few pieces I've picked up in 10 man ICC). So don't worry about me. Anyway, I have RAWR to help me. God I love that program.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan
    Had a pretty good last two weeks and I'm 90% set on what my BIS is going to be, but I figured what the heck, I'll post here and get some opinions on my current setup/options.

That is my current setup, 4p Sanc with the Heroic Offset gloves. Got Distant Land heroic this week (was using Bloodfall heroic, yeah I'ma dick), WFS Heroic and a few other things. As it stands, my plan is to get Band of the Bone Collosus Heroic and the bracers from Saurfang 25 Heroic or Non, doesn't matter.

Most would assume that I should pickup DBW right away, and in most cases I would agree. Here is my reasoning for putting it off. With current gear and hit rating limitations, if I regemmed every 20 Agi to 20 Arp and then ate ArP food, I'd be at just 1100 rating. Seems a bit low to me to be going for hardcap.

Another reason I dont mind passing it, there's a few other DPS in my guild that I know would benefit more from it as they would be at 95%+ Armor Pen, opposed to my 70% ish. I'm confident DBW will come in time, but for now Ring/Bracers are my priority. Anyone see something I'm missing/doing wrong? Any opinions are always welcome, I like a good druid debate.
    Simcraft and Rawr both show that if you can get over 1150 arpen then it's worth dropping hit/expertise to get that last bit of arpen towards the hardcap, which means you could get up to 1320.

If you do that, it's easily a 500 dps increase over Mjolnir, even tho you'll be stuck at 1320 till you get bracers/ring/neck, or more heroic versions of your current gear, with more arpen. (+ you get to turn into a flying taunka!)
    Have you considered mongoose btw? Shows as a pretty big dps increase with your setup in rawr.

Just have time for a quick reply (alt run on my rogue)

The reason I havent gone with mongoose is I'm already crit capped. Something like 75% I believe with Kings/Motw/Horn before I stack my idol. So it was my understanding that zerk would be better, even with Rawr stating otherwise.

Also with dropping expertise for armor pen, I remember reading something along the lines of, every crit you gain makes expertise/hit that much more valuable as any time you miss, it essentially means you missed a crit. So with being crit capped, the value of hit/expertise becomes higher.

It's been a while since I really went and read a ton of threads on EJ so I may be a bit out of touch. I was just under the understanding that with high end gear levels expertise/hit are valued just as much, if not a little more then arp.

I'd love to hear any suggestions for me. I am on a server that is behind on progressions and raid lead for a guild that does exclusively ten man raids. I have access to anything in the first 2-3 wings of ICC so far, but very little beyond that. My single target DPS in 10 man raids is usually between 6-7k, and I've seen 8-9k in VoA 25. I am occasionally limited (and have to back down on my damage) by the threat of our tanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ryers&cn=Angai

Thanks in advance. I'd love to hear anything that I can do to improve, especially if it means doing better to help my group progress faster.

Awesome thread. I'm always looking for criticism/insight. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Tor&cn=Elavien

Thanks in advance.
    *EDIT*
    Also for more info I have to pug mainly so its hard to predict or concentrate on specific upgrades. Also mixes up what raid buffs I can expect.

Mihir,I've been trying to get rid of it too,but to no avail

You mentioned that I should get t10 legs and gloves,which contradicts what Hinalove is suggesting.In the scenario I follow your advice,what would my offpiece be then?

Deleted

The gloves that were mentioned are the optimal offpiece indeed, but who knows how long it will be till you get them :P

From the gear you have on your armory, the chest would be the best offpiece to use at this moment. By the time you get the rotface or saurfang gloves you might very likely have enough emblems again to get the T10 chest, and you can start using the T10 gloves you bought in your tanking set instead.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashi&cn=Mahezi

Gear is mostly random crap I get that no one else wants as I am a tank first Laugh at my Neck and its rare gem

Fix me!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Paskgotsheal

And no, 14 weeks without a DBW drop...haven't seen one in the guild yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Fix me!

Isnt this the "fix my feral dps gear" thread not "brag about my near-BiS bar hardmode" thread?

Deleted

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with a few achievs :P

( http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=4603 / http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=3 / http://crabpeople.lolwtf.dk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2024 )

Quote Originally Posted by kiseki
    I'd love to hear any suggestions for me. I am on a server that is behind on progressions and raid lead for a guild that does exclusively ten man raids. I have access to anything in the first 2-3 wings of ICC so far, but very little beyond that. My single target DPS in 10 man raids is usually between 6-7k, and I've seen 8-9k in VoA 25. I am occasionally limited (and have to back down on my damage) by the threat of our tanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ryers&cn=Angai

Thanks in advance. I'd love to hear anything that I can do to improve, especially if it means doing better to help my group progress faster.
    First of all, you got too much arpen atm. Youre using the scorpion, so the softcap for you is 1400 - 678 = 722. With arpen food, you only need 682 arpen on your gear. Also, you only get to ~70% crit raidbuffed, so mongoose is better than berserking for you.

Try to get your paws on the T10 chest+gloves asap, it's a massive upgrade (over 700 dps increase). The T10 pieces individually aren't upgrades atm, so wait till you have enough emblems to buy both pieces at the same time. After that you could get the frost emblem cloak to get rid of some expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Elavien
    Awesome thread. I'm always looking for criticism/insight. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Tor&cn=Elavien

Thanks in advance.
    *EDIT*
    Also for more info I have to pug mainly so its hard to predict or concentrate on specific upgrades. Also mixes up what raid buffs I can expect.
    Not really gear related, but unless you can guarantee you're always running with a feral tank or arms warrior (and theyre always on the mobs you're dpsing), improved mangle is definitely worth taking.

2T9 is quite powerful and easy to get, so switch out your shoulders for the T9 ones for an easy 200 dps boost.

The best gem to fulfill the meta gem requirement is a nightmare tear, so try to get rid of that shifting dreadstone. Put the nightmare tear in the blue socket in your pants. At your gear level, haste outperforms crit, so it's best to put a 10agi+10haste in all yellow sockets, and put a mix of 20agi and 20arpen gems in the remaining red/blue/prismatic sockets. You should be able to get your arpen to 671, so you'll be pretty much softcapped at 711 with arpen food. Also you got too much hit atm, so change your boots enchant to the agility one.

As for upgrades, try to get the T10 headpiece asap, and the T10 legs after that. Once you got both, you can switch back to the duskstalker pauldrons. The frost emblem belt is a good upgrade as well, so get that after you finish your 4T10.

Also, try to get a better weapon! Battered hilt weapon is a nice upgrade for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anshou
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ashi&cn=Mahezi

Gear is mostly random crap I get that no one else wants as I am a tank first Laugh at my Neck and its rare gem
    You're logged out in your tankgear atm

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal
    Fix me!

Not much to fix tbh.. from the 0/3 imp mangle i assume you run with another feral or arms warrior?

You could consider swapping to icewalker on boots (since it has slightly higher itemization) and adjusting gemming a bit to gain 1 or 2 dps, other than that it looks pretty much optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by gwarden
    Isnt this the "fix my feral dps gear" thread not "brag about my near-BiS bar hardmode" thread?
    If you got nothing to add, can you please not post random shit in this topic? His gear is not nearly BiS bar hardmode, and even if it was, it's still not bad to want someone to look it over to see if he missed anything.

I just switched to Mongoose from Berserk

It seems wrong putting on an AGI Enchant when I'm already crit capped, but Rawr shows it as a 169 DPS Increase from Berserk. I'm assuming this is due to better proc rates and the 2% haste from the proc.

I spent some time on the test dummy and there was several occasions where Lightning Speed would proc, and then proc again, and even again, before the initial proc wears off, thus chaining it over 30+ seconds instead of the norm 15. That alone seems like a huge gain over Berserk as I'm already hitting over 15000 AP with Idol/Raid Buffs/Trinket Procs stacked, so the static 2% haste just rapes the 400 AP. At least that's my understanding, am I wrong? I tried asking on EJ and got a temp ban because "My question has been answered" even though when searching, I cannot find it.

Ugh wall of text sorry. TLDR: Is it the haste from mongoose and the proc that makes it beat the raw AP of Zerk? Even when crit capped?

Small Edit: http://i49.tinypic.com/35ce4xz.jpg
    That is a link to a picture of my Trinket/Raid Buffs/Idol Stacked (before I changed to mongoose). Everything proc'd except for Berserk enchant and Frost Forged Champion from Ring. So add 400 AP and the 120 AGI/2% haste from Mongoose and that is my stats fully proc'd.

wierd it was logged out in cat earlier, just logged in and got back into cat gear. Spec 2 is cat as well.

I'm alliance so i'm .02% under the hit cap in raids usually, exactly expertise capped and 2 under the soft cap for ArP